What is lying on your workbench?

Tanks weather well when used ALOT outside. Did you upgrade to the link tracks on your 1/24? The ones i have seen had rubbe band tracks from the factory. The museum opens this weekend to the public so i am going to spend tomorrow going over each one and making sure they work. 8 tanks that need to be in show ready condition all but one in 1/16 scale. Any UK members wanna help?

HWR MKII,

Yes, the links were upgraded to the plastic set composed of many pieces. I got them from ToyEast.com. The tanks both run faster and smoother with the new links. The only thing is, on smooth surfaces like hardwood, traction is a bit of a problem. Acceleration leads to "peel-outs". :p The Leopard 2A5 is faster than the Abrams but Abrams can climb a steeper grade. It's all in the different gearing I suppose.

I am well versed on tracks and smooth surfaces. IM the resident tread head. Heres a rundown 1/16 scale= Tiger1, King tiger, Leopard2A6, Leopard 1A4, Flakpanzer Gepard A1, Sturmgeschutz IV, Panzerkampfwagen IV. 1/9= M1A2 Abrams. :D I als spend my free time restring real tanks at a musuem on mst weekends. If you need any help on these beasts feel free to ask. Yours look good and will look even better weathered. :D

Edited by HWR MKII

Jagull,

The VF-0S kit was first painted Tamiya flat white, clear-coated w/ Acryl gloss, then washed the old fashion way... diluted Tamiya black. I post shaded with diluted Tamiya sky grey.

David,

The VF-0D was painted entirely with a brush...can you believe that? It was painted Tamiya medium blue and sky grey.

I had'nt built a model in 4 years and I was bored last X-mas. So I decided to stop by a toy store for a model kit. I never heard of Macross Zero but I liked the look of the VF-0D. After that build, I research on the web and found this site... Next thing you know, I ended up purchasing an airbrush and even more models. :blink:

HWR MKII

I only touched up a few parts on the tanks like the wheels, antennaes, guns, and view ports...I suppose I should weather it to look more realistic.

BTW, your tanks are HUGE! 1/16? Who makes them? I saw the Tamiya Leopard 1/16 RC tank, but at more than $800 I had to pass :(

All the 1/16 ones are tamiya. The Abrams is actually from 21st century toys and will be getting reworked to have more detail and realism. If you want good 1/16 tanks from tamiya cheap i suggest evilbay. Also the tracks on these dont get stopped as easily. My Leo2 deployed to the Mideast with me.

Doing a little work on a piece of rare resin today. The Outrider from Shadows of the Empire.

386429[/snapback]

That's a pretty poo HWR. Where'd you get it? Seems like a very obscure subject.

I'd love to see the T-2000 from X-Wing Alliance. That was a pretty ship. Like a symetric falcon with the cockpit pod down the center of the fusalage. Much more stream lined as well.

Doing a little work on a piece of rare resin today. The Outrider from Shadows of the Empire.

386429[/snapback]

That's a pretty poo HWR. Where'd you get it? Seems like a very obscure subject.

I'd love to see the T-2000 from X-Wing Alliance. That was a pretty ship. Like a symetric falcon with the cockpit pod down the center of the fusalage. Much more stream lined as well.

386434[/snapback]

The YT-2000 "Otana" was a favorite of mine as well. So when my Outrider needed company I scratchbuilt one:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lt_cooper200...f22.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lt_cooper200...af0.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lt_cooper200...467.jpg&.src=ph

Also in 1/72 so its about 15 inches long.

Hi!

I've just bought myself two 1/144 kits. One VF-17S Stealth and VF-19 Fire. They seem simple enough, though it's been a while (10 years or more) since I last built a model. So I thought I'd warm up a bit  :)

There's a slight problem, although these kits are easy to assemble, I don't read Japanese (I think it is). Is the stealth model supposed to be black? It's moulded black, but on the box it is painted dark blue with lighter blue details. On the instructions it looks black. I'll be thankful for any help with this.

382877[/snapback]

It is dark blue if you want some good pictures then just ask.

I like that YT-2000. Gives me ideas for what to do with my incomplete MPC falcon

386595[/snapback]

I've got a spare MF floating around and keep thinking about a conversion. Even more radical than the stock YT-1300 I did. Bigger engines, more guns...

Kylwell, that link of yours shows as html code!!! :blink:

386622[/snapback]

It's because it's got a mime type of "text/plain" for some reason, it's probably a server configuration error. Browsers that behave themselves render it as plain text because it says it's plain text. Browsers that are hideously broken (such as, say, Internet Explorer) will just try and render HTML out of it anyway, which is probably why it doesn't look broken to Kylwell.

Hi!

I've just bought myself two 1/144 kits. One VF-17S Stealth and VF-19 Fire. They seem simple enough, though it's been a while (10 years or more) since I last built a model. So I thought I'd warm up a bit  :)

There's a slight problem, although these kits are easy to assemble, I don't read Japanese (I think it is). Is the stealth model supposed to be black? It's moulded black, but on the box it is painted dark blue with lighter blue details. On the instructions it looks black. I'll be thankful for any help with this.

382877[/snapback]

It is dark blue if you want some good pictures then just ask.

386618[/snapback]

Thanks!

Kylwell, that link of yours shows as html code!!! :blink:

386622[/snapback]

It's because it's got a mime type of "text/plain" for some reason, it's probably a server configuration error. Browsers that behave themselves render it as plain text because it says it's plain text. Browsers that are hideously broken (such as, say, Internet Explorer) will just try and render HTML out of it anyway, which is probably why it doesn't look broken to Kylwell.

386633[/snapback]

'cept I'm on Safari.

'cept I'm on Safari.

386811[/snapback]

And here was me thinking Safari was an OK browser, on the whole... *shrugs*

One way or another, the server's definitely telling me it's a "text/plain" document, and it's bad behaviour on the browser's part to display that as anything other than plain text. It really does look like a server configuration problem, I'm getting the same mime type returned from all the .cfm pages on StarshipModeler; I've mailed Onezero with a description of the problem, anyway, in case it wasn't known about.

Nice job, though, on the ship. ;-)

I've got... a lot of stuff on the bench, but nothing I'm actively working on. Went on a modeling hiatus for winter (need to be outdoors while glueing, spraying, using enamels, etc.) and pretty much left a lot of stuff "on hold" :p

All I'm working on now is the Z Gundam Methuss (not the new HGUC). Still assembling some of the parts for priming... :ph34r:

The YT-2000 "Otana" was a favorite of mine as well. So when my Outrider needed company I scratchbuilt one:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lt_cooper200...f22.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lt_cooper200...af0.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lt_cooper200...467.jpg&.src=ph

Also in 1/72 so its about 15 inches long.

386487[/snapback]

That scratch build is fantatic! Brings back a lot of memories - I used to play that game for HOURS at a time! Never quite beat it; the final death star attack was too much for me :(