What is lying on your workbench?

DUDE! your new avatar is FREAKING ME OUT! :wacko:

376837[/snapback]

Me too. I feel so strange when looking at that. It's scary. :ph34r:

376862[/snapback]

I know, great isn't it?

I stumbled upon this image while googling and couldn't resist using it for an avatar. :D

HWR MKII, would you like to use my old Monster avatar? I could mail it to you, just PM me.

Got more weathering done. I did some postshading on the fuselage and wings and some drybrushing on the engins to pop the detail more. The kit literally falls together and ANY assembly issues are covered by the instructional CD that comes with it. Watch the videos on the CD before construction it actually keeps you from making a wing alignment mistake.

post-2293-1141618518_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1141618558_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1141618590_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1141618624_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1141618748_thumb.jpg

I don't have the patience or skills to do model building.

Man I wish I had a dollar every time I heard that :lol:

You CAN do it! :D

Nice work on the X-Wing HWR.

Edited by memnon

I don't have the patience or skills to do model building.

Man I wish I had a dollar every time I heard that :lol:

You CAN do it! :D

377008[/snapback]

Yeah, lol.

I wouldn't have the patience either, but I just don't care! :lol: Seriously, that's just a skill that can be slowly improved. I'm myself working on it. And concentration etc, in addition to actual model building skills.

If you really want to, you can start to learn building model kits any day! Nobody has the skills before they learn them. :)

HWR MKII That is some trully fantastic work!

Well I told myself that I wasn't going to post in this thread 'cus My stuff just aint up to par . . . but here I go anyway. This is going to be a fixed pose Hase. VF-1S Strike Gerwalk costom. (If I ever finish it) Now it got a little banged around on the trip from Canada so the paint is a little chipped but here it is anyway.post-2604-1141752377_thumb.jpgpost-2604-1141752340_thumb.jpgpost-2604-1141752409_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the double post but after seeing the images I realized I wanted to show you the colour scheme with the fast packs. these are just for a colour test the Strike set are not painted yet.post-2604-1141753825_thumb.jpgpost-2604-1141753843_thumb.jpgpost-2604-1141753860_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the double post but after seeing the images I realized I wanted to show you the colour scheme with the fast packs. these are just for a colour test the Strike set are not painted yet.

377659[/snapback]

Looks great so far B))

Decided to start work on Hasegawas Super VF-1A. Its been in my stash long enough. Started out with some creative gizmology behind the seat.

post-1615-1141968729_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the double post but after seeing the images I realized I wanted to show you the colour scheme with the fast packs. these are just for a colour test the Strike set are not painted yet.post-2604-1141753825_thumb.jpgpost-2604-1141753843_thumb.jpgpost-2604-1141753860_thumb.jpg

377659[/snapback]

Damn Chaz, thats pretty similar to the scheme I'm using, except your fast packs are light and mine uses Sea Blue.

This is the scheme I'm going for...

http://www.jpsmodell.de/dc/draw/f16a_egypt1_3.jpg

No more space in the stash for new kits.

No more room on the shelves for the half-done kits I'm working on. (That F-15E's been 70% done for a half-year now, it currently sits on the floor next to my stereo--some day I'll feel like doing the engines, gear, weapons, and canopy)

No more room under the bed or couch for the "reserve" stash.

So what do I do? Buy the biggest new model I can! It's the American way. (VF-1 for scale)

Edited by David Hingtgen

Memmon: that looks realy interesting (and kinda wierd!) what the hell are those? fiber-optic cables?

Noyhauser: I knda thought I'd do a bastardized version of the Jolly-Roger's coloud scheme. Nothing quite as thought out as what your going for just "winging it" (ha-ha :D )

David: What the hell man! :o If I was in your position (storage space wise) and did that my wife would FREAK OUT! and I'd be sleeping on the roof for like a week! :ph34r: What scale is that anyway? like 1/24th or something. that is just nuts!

Memmon: that looks realy interesting (and kinda wierd!) what the hell are those? fiber-optic cables?

Nope, those are just silver colored wires found in braid for coaxial cable which is a great source for thin wires by the way. A 2 foot piece of RG6 quad shield coax cable will last you for years.

I do have some even thinner wire, meant for wrapping transformers. I plan on using some of that was well.

No more space in the stash for new kits.

No more room on the shelves for the half-done kits I'm working on. (That F-15E's been 70% done for a half-year now, it currently sits on the floor next to my stereo--some day I'll feel like doing the engines, gear, weapons, and canopy)

No more room under the bed or couch for the "reserve" stash.

So what do I do? Buy the biggest new model I can! It's the American way. (VF-1 for scale)

I know *exactly* what you mean. I have quite an impressive stash, I'll never be able to build them all (mostly WW2 aircraft), so what did I do last week? I brought home a VF-0S kit. I explained to the Mrs. that my local hobby shop (Best One Hobby in Alhambra) will no longer be carrying Hasegawa's Macross series so I needed to get it while I could. She was less than happy about it. :)

Noyhauser: I knda thought I'd do a bastardized version of the Jolly-Roger's coloud scheme. Nothing quite as thought out as what your going for just "winging it" (ha-ha :D )

David: What the hell man!  :o If I was in your position (storage space wise) and did that my wife would FREAK OUT! and I'd be sleeping on the roof for like a week!  :ph34r: What scale is that anyway? like 1/24th or something. that is just nuts!

378917[/snapback]

Trust me, I really didn't have a clue how I wanted to paint it. I looked around for a little while for paint schemes, found that one. Mine doesn't look half as good as yours, the black stripe with the 001 is a nice touch, one I may try to replicate.

Well that shouldn't be too difficult it is one of the decals. As is the other vertical stripe. :p

Yeah! Wow! nice job so far Omeaga One! looking real perdy! :D

The new 1/32 jets just rock, having one of them is far better than having a bunch of 1/72 or 1/48 ones. You get a big smile just opening and seeing all that plastic, and the 40 page manual. And the screwdriver included. It's one of those things that just having it is as good as actually using/building. If there's ever a new 1/32 F-14, Skull Leader and I are financially doomed.

1/24 is becoming more popular for props, but almost unheard of for jets---only 1/24 jet I know is the Airfix Sea Harrier, and that's partly because the Harrier is tiny.

Still waiting for a 1/32 F-8, that is IMHO the most likely for the next 1/32 jet. (What with the new 1/48 and 1/72 of it, and the new 1/32 A-7)

The new 1/32 jets just rock, having one of them is far better than having a bunch of 1/72 or 1/48 ones.  You get a big smile just opening and seeing all that plastic, and the 40 page manual.  And the screwdriver included.  It's one of those things that just having it is as good as actually using/building.  If there's ever a new 1/32 F-14, Skull Leader and I are financially doomed.

1/24 is becoming more popular for props, but almost unheard of for jets---only 1/24 jet I know is the Airfix Sea Harrier, and that's partly because the Harrier is tiny.

Still waiting for a 1/32 F-8, that is IMHO the most likely for the next 1/32 jet.  (What with the new 1/48 and 1/72 of it, and the new 1/32 A-7)

379120[/snapback]

Oh man David I've been collecting every 1/32 modern fighter kit from Trumpeter, Academy and Tamiya that comes out. I also get all the photo etch sets from Eduard for them. The color cockpit ones are so awesome.

I didn't want to fork over the extra cash for the Tamiya kit so I got the Academy one which got good reviews as well.

Oh and then squadron was having a sale on the Revell 1/72 U-boat for $50 bucks so I just ordered that along with a bunch of cutaway interior detail sets and the photo etch for that one as well. Then I threw in the 1/72 Snowberry destroyer cuz I just "had to have that one too". Fortunately I've got a two car garage to store it all. Yes yes I have a problem I'm seeking help for it :lol:

Edited by Grayson72

Oh man David I've been collecting every 1/32 modern fighter kit from Trumpeter, Academy and Tamiya that comes out.  I also get all the photo etch sets from Eduard for them.  The color cockpit ones are so awesome.

379493[/snapback]

:o Where do you have the room for this fleet of 1/32 planes? Do they get their own room?

Oh man David I've been collecting every 1/32 modern fighter kit from Trumpeter, Academy and Tamiya that comes out.  I also get all the photo etch sets from Eduard for them.  The color cockpit ones are so awesome.

379493[/snapback]

:o Where do you have the room for this fleet of 1/32 planes? Do they get their own room?

379789[/snapback]

Well right now they get their own garage along with my other 200+ models. But yes eventually they'll have their own room. We're currently adding on 1800 sq ft to my house so I'll have lots of room.

1800 sq ft! Are you building a new house or a new 2nd floor? My home is 1800 sq ft and my back deck is 960 sq ft.

My main model project is a secret. It will be in the Hero's Contest at Starshipmodeler. The other model projects are a Dragon 1/72 Hornisse and a Airfix 1/72 Sd Kfz 234 Armor car.

1800 sq ft!  Are you building a new house or a new 2nd floor?  My home is 1800 sq ft and my back deck is 960 sq ft.

My main model project is a secret.  It will be in the Hero's Contest at Starshipmodeler.  The other model projects are a Dragon 1/72 Hornisse and a Airfix 1/72 Sd Kfz 234 Armor car.

381136[/snapback]

We have a half an acre and most of it is backyard so we're adding a two floor addition off the back. House will be ~3300 sq ft when it's done.