What is lying on your workbench?

Heres what I've been working on this past week. My scratchbuilt VF-1 joysticks! All parts are made entirely out of styrene stock. The cockpit itself is coming along a bit slower than I'd like, but hey, whaddayagonnado?

Yes they are that tiny.

Jstick-1.jpg

Heres what I've been working on this past week. My scratchbuilt VF-1 joysticks! All parts are made entirely out of styrene stock. The cockpit itself is coming along a bit slower than I'd like, but hey, whaddayagonnado?

Yes they are that tiny.

Jstick-1.jpg

389883[/snapback]

Nah There not that small thats a zentradai middle finger

So, are you going to cast and sell them as sets?  :p

390111[/snapback]

You know I actually was thinking that, but along with an entire cockpit. I'm wating to see how the rest of my cockpit builds up before I decide though.

I added the joysticks tonight. I think I might have made the leg actuator a little too large but I'm ok with it for now. The block in front of the donut joystick will be sanded down and shaped later.

Cockpit-3.jpg

:) Little sidestep Regult battlepod recast, 1/72nd scale. Still needs extra weathering but that will be for another time as soon as I have an idea for a dio. I think of doing a "city fight" with a VF1 battroid (original I know :lol: )

post-2689-1144961329_thumb.jpg post-2689-1144961456_thumb.jpg post-2689-1144961390_thumb.jpg

I actually had to glue the pod to an old CD to get it to stand in 'running' mode due to the heavy weight of the head. I fear a bit for the leg connections. Only time will tell.

Edited by jadefalconguard

I took a break from casting VF-11s yesterday to start on a quick (I hope) scratchbuild. It's a 1/72 Target Drone from Macross Plus. I have a small 1/144 resin kit of it, but I though it'd be cool to build my own at a scale that's more to my liking. And at the same time, make it more accurate to the design art.

The design sheets list it as being 10~12m in length, but I went with the larger end of that aproximation, cause I want it to be a decent sized kit. It'll be 6.5" long when completed.

I think it's come along pretty well, considering that I started on the CAD drawings about 24 hours ago :)

post-50-1144970876_thumb.jpg

post-50-1144970886_thumb.jpg

Sweet. Soon all the unmanned craft will be had ^.^

The Nameless Advisor

www.macrossmecha.info

I took a break from casting VF-11s yesterday to start on a quick (I hope) scratchbuild.  It's a 1/72 Target Drone from Macross Plus.  I have a small 1/144 resin kit of it, but I though it'd be cool to build my own at a scale that's more to my liking.  And at the same time, make it more accurate to the design art.

The design sheets list it as being 10~12m in length, but I went with the larger end of that aproximation, cause I want it to be a decent sized kit.  It'll be 6.5" long when completed.

I think it's come along pretty well, considering that I started on the CAD drawings about 24 hours ago :)

390859[/snapback]

memnon, have you considered putting some fiber optics or similar lighting in there? You might as well go "all out." Some fiber optics on the instrument panel would make your great cockpit work look awesome! - MT

A few somewhat better pics I guess :)

Close-up VF-17S Battroid. No ugly stickers, ugly painting instead :)

vf-17s_battroid_closeup_800x600.JPG

and fighter.

vf-17s_fighter_closeup_800x600.JPG

VF-19 KAI? Still need his head :)

vf-19_kai_battroid_closeup_800x600.JPG

and fighter.

vf-19_fighter_800x600.jpg

Last but not least, or rather the first macross valkyrie I ever built. I think it's 20 years (if possible) since I bought it.

vf-1_battroid_800x600.JPG

Next kit - well... possibly a Colossal Mantis diorama.

That's all for now.

ChaosWarrior

And this is what I am now working on..next...Super Batt Hase.

391567[/snapback]

More jahoobular goodness.

Edited by Kylwell

post-917-1145385030_thumb.jpg post-917-1145385060_thumb.jpg post-917-1145385041_thumb.jpg post-917-1145385071_thumb.jpg post-917-1145385079_thumb.jpg

I'm currently working on a kaiyodo Regult Scout for my crazy macross diorama. Still have to add all the fine parts like antennae and what-not.

The diecast monster is too small a scale for the diorama, but unless i spend big bucks on an old model, this one will have to do.

I loved the old Appleseed comics, but the landmate PVC from the movie was not bulky enough (as they were in the old comic) so I juiced this one.

The other customs are just a posed galactic heroes clone trooper, a Samurai from Lone Wolf and Cub, and finally a Ninja Turtle with realistic swords.

All these customs (except the samurai) are still needing to be completed

Edited by physioguy