What is lying on your workbench?

It just takes practice (and thin paint).

I'll sometimes spray the entire model black (or a very dark shade of the final color). Then, with the lighter color, start filling in from the center of the panel, leaving a nice dark edge. Do all the panels like this then start working your way out, with more distance, and just slowly build up the layers.

Nice! A little heavy on the tail but nice.

Now for some extreme weathering.

[attachmentid=37889]

Nice ghost man, at first glance seems like such a shame for a nice kit to get bashed like that, but it looks great and must have taken quite a bit of effort.

I like it.

Cheers,

Berttt

The effect was done basically as Kylwell described except i didnt paint the whole thing black. I just lined all the panel lines with black using my airbrush and then filled the panels. After that i misted the area overall to blend the panels together.

Nice! A little heavy on the tail but nice.

Now for some extreme weathering.

What a nice piece of junk! The weathering seems to actually make the details stand out. Can´t wait to see the finishd boneard :D

What a nice piece of junk! The weathering seems to actually make the details stand out. Can´t wait to see the finishd boneard :D

I'm glad to have your seal of approval. Really do want to do this little kit justice (by making it the most worn peice in the junkyard). Even started a backstory for it.

I know, I'm a geek.

• 2 weeks later...