It's here...Shadow Chronicles screenshot!

The 3D animation has to much ameature-ish look to it. I mean dayam this is Dr.Movie we're talking about, Yukikaze...it looks like their work, but its too simplistic.

That's it. That was the feeling I was getting from the animation, amaturish in a way. Maybe it's because it was rush or they simply said it was rushed after viewing the finished product. Maybe if they hadn't tried to 3D it the way they did.

Edited by Effect

My only gripes remain the designs themselves, specifically the skintight spandex uniforms that would seem to be more at home worn by an american comic book superhero. Also, Ariel only seemed to fly in the tv series under a couple very specific circumstances, unless I'm misremembering? I hope they don't plan to have her just flying around at will now. Of course, that would make the spandex seem to make more sense, now wouldn't it?

The spandex suits ALWAYS made sense.

But only on the girls. :p

My only gripes remain the designs themselves, specifically the skintight spandex uniforms that would seem to be more at home worn by an american comic book superhero. Also, Ariel only seemed to fly in the tv series under a couple very specific circumstances, unless I'm misremembering? I hope they don't plan to have her just flying around at will now. Of course, that would make the spandex seem to make more sense, now wouldn't it?

If only that were true - you know how it goes, usually the ones wearing it have no business wearing it... :(

The animation looks alright. Nothing outstanding though.

I don't understand what the whining is about the spandex suits. The characters wore suits like that in MOSPEADA/RT NEW Gen.

And David Lucas is so lame. Same delivery no matter what character he voices.

Edited by dejr8bud

My goodness. The PSA was creepy. Serious creepy factor. Not to mention more corny than I even imagined it'd be as an RT fan. And the voice acting-- much worse than even the original RT dubs.

I'm also annoyed that so many of the new characters seem to have outfits designed solely to expose a generous amount of their bust in the interest of fan service. They didn't need that before.

-Al

I don't understand what the whining is about the spandex suits. The characters wore suits like that in MOSPEADA/RT NEW Gen.

There's a definite difference between

ep61pic.jpg

and this:

robotech.jpg

While there's a lack of cloth wrinkles and whatnot, the old MOSPEADA outfits looked like not quite skintight jumpsuits, it even appears that the top part is made up of two shirts. the collar part looks as if it has some depth to it.

The new uniform is skin tight enough to show definite anatomy beneath it, less like a jumpsuit and more like what Superman wears. Also, that collar bothers me.

I should mention I've never been a fan of the MOSPEADA uniforms, however it seems they have taken what I disliked about them and exaggerated those aspects.

If only that were true - you know how it goes, usually the ones wearing it have no business wearing it... :(

Ah, but this is animation.

There's never a girl that's not fit for it.

I'm also annoyed that so many of the new characters seem to have outfits designed solely to expose a generous amount of their bust in the interest of fan service. They didn't need that before.

Yup, but fans are 20 years older now... :p

It's hard to judge anything based off that. I consider that a trailer of sorts and it's not the worst thing I've ever seen. I think it's premature to start slamming it when we haven't seen a completed episode. Of course, we can slam RT and HG all day long if we really want to.... ;):p

Ah, but this is animation.

There's never a girl that's not fit for it.

umm...how about the fugly zentran chick from M7? Ver..(something) i know i wouldn't wanna see her in spandex :ph34r:

Veffidas.

I'd forgotten about her. She's more like a piece of scenery than a character.

Thanks Robotech Union! More Screenshots:

Ok, I'll grant that his collar doesn't bother me nearly so much in that shot, in the original screenshot it looked like flat piece of cardboard sticking straight up in a circle around his neck. In this screenshot it looks a lot less like that. Well, at least on the side near the light source.

Ok, seriously, I know some of you guys are ripping on this, but I think that the designs look pretty damn good! Yes, it's Robotech, yes it's Harmony Gold, BUT it's also a new anime with transformable airplane mecha and a continuation of mospaeda designs, which people generally like. Given that there's so little Macross/Robotech anime out there, the more we have the better.

Why is that such a bad thing?

Given that there's so little Macross/Robotech anime out there, the more we have the better.

There's plenty Macross out there. <_<:blink:

BUT it's also a new anime with transformable airplane mecha and a continuation of mospaeda designs

Aquarion has transformable planes. :lol:

Given that there's so little Macross/Robotech anime out there, the more we have the better.

There's plenty Macross out there. <_<:blink:

BUT it's also a new anime with transformable airplane mecha and a continuation of mospaeda designs

Aquarion has transformable planes. :lol:

I agree with ya Azrael. I think only way Ill end up watching this series is if it lands on my lap as a freebie somehow. I stopped at the Masters Saga before I found the true light (Macross) and well I doubt I wanna continue anything with it. Especially since there is more mecha anime. :D

Edited by Legend of TSXer