It's here...Shadow Chronicles screenshot!

*shrugs* it doesn't look bad to me at all, though I call myself a Macross Fan, robotech is where it started, so I'll hold a small spam like can of loyalty towards it. So I'll give the show a shot because that's how I am towards things I grew up on....I gave Car Robots, Armada and Energon a chance....atleast I did.

I'm not loving those uniforms, or flight suits, or whatever it is they are wearing. The outfits in the original at least looked passable as military uniforms or flight suits, these, sorry but skin tight spandex will never fly as a military uniform.

Also HG will be running animated PSAs featuring Robotech characters celebrating the United Nations.

Bwa-hah-hah-hah-haaaaa!!!! Why oh why does this not surprise me in the least? As it so happens, I have a preview of the new ad campaign for the UN Committee on International Anime Proliferation.

Also HG will be running animated PSAs featuring Robotech characters celebrating the United Nations.

Bwa-hah-hah-hah-haaaaa!!!! Why oh why does this not surprise me in the least? As it so happens, I have a preview of the new ad campaign for the UN Committee on International Anime Proliferation.

I hate to admit that's funny!!!!! :D

Edited by terry the lone wolf

Rich and Lazy :rolleyes: maybe if I became a Education Council member in oregon where I can earn a quarter of a million just cutting schools down.

The uniforms take time to grow...I'm not too crazy about them either, but then again I like uniforms that can keep a theme like "Your this color when your a rookie. Your this color when your an officer, your this color when your a commanding officer" that sorta deal...so I'm hoping they can do something like that.

Plus these might be the same uniforms just "Modernized" from the 80's versions, well.....maybe.

I'll atleast watch it.....if I don't like it, then heh.

-hella demerits for fooking up Scott's iron perm :) (lol, couldn't resist)

*snicker*

He must have got a can of Ronnie Reagan's old hairspray somewhere in North America....you know...the stuff thats like rubber cement. ;)

Nah...all he had to do was comb his hair with the Exxon Valdez to get that Reagan sheen (personally I like and admire Reagan, but really...if he went into the ocean, he'd have caused an oil slick with that hair!)

UN Recognizes RDF

UNITED NATIONS (AP) In an emergency session wrought with emotion, the United Nations General Assembly on Monday recognized and endorsed the Robotech Defense Force as the new counterterrorism force for the United Nations.

Secretary General Kofi Annan hailed the force, led by Adm. Lick Hunter, as "the last line of defense against terrorists, criminal warlords, and most importantly the immenent, albeit unrealized threat of alien invasion." This new force will replace GI Joe, which has been up until now in charge of the UN's counterterrorism tasks everywhere except France.

In a speech soon after the vote was taken, Hunter outlined his plans for combatting world terrorism. "We plan to build a giant, ass-ugly spacecraft, and go in search of Osama bin Laden's home planet," Hunter said. After being told that bin Laden, the Al Qaeda mastermind, is not an extraterrestrial, Hunter said "OK, we got nothin' then."

Debate in the Assemby ran hot throughout Sunday evening, as many nations doubted the wisdom of replacing the GI Joe organization, founded in 1964 and renewed in 1983. "The fact is, we are replacing a tried-and-true organization that has given invaluable service in the fight against terrorism and replacing it with a group that seems to sit around and do nothing but wear bad speedos," US Ambassador John Negroponte said in a news conference after the vote. "It's nothing better than a UN-issued pardon for Osama bin Laden."

However others were upbeat. "Now we've got a true group of visionaries at the 'elm, mates, no more of this 'crack the 'eads and bash the bollocks' mentality of the Joes," Sebastian Bludd, Cobra Island's ambassador said. He later denied reports that Cobra Island had teamed up with Harmony Gold to bribe a number of nations, including Upper Volta, Outer Mongolia, Burgundy, Satsuma, Providence Plantations, Rhodesia and the Hejaz and Nejd to cast their votes in favor of accepting the RDF and dismissing GI Joe.

"There is no truth to those rumors, none at all," John G. P. Ringo, ambassador of Providence Plantations, said to reporters as he went to his car in the ambassador's parking lot. The car was a new Ferrari Testarossa with the license plate "HGRULES."

"I can't help but believe that there was some fraud involved there," Col. Conrad S. H(censored)r, leader of the GI Joe force said. "This new company, which nobody had heard of, puts up this bunch of spacemen in silly costumes, and expects them to be effective?" When reminded that for a time, GI Joe became a group of spacement in silly costumes, H(censored)r replied "What can I say? It was the early '90s and we were all high at the time."

The vote was 170 for, including Cobra Island, Libya, Syria, PETA and Pottsylvania, and 100 against, including the US, UK, Jordan, The Byzantine Empire and Outremer.

When asked if he would extend a similar recognition to the UN Spacy, given its longer service and higher sacrifice with no evidence of Speedos, Annan replied "fu*k no." He then left on a HG company chopper.

Edited by Pat Payne

I don't see why they had to redo the designs for Scott and Marlene. They were fine just the way they were before and there is no legal trouble with Mospeada. Yet this new design, Scott looks horrible in my opinion. What happen to his hair? New Generation/Mospeada character designs were my favorite to be honest cause they appeared to be the most normal out the other three arcs/sereis. I can't really judge Marlene since I can't see her but why is she dressed like that? She never wore anything like that in series, she was always in casual clothing which fit her persona. And since the Invid are gone, it only makes sense that she would continue to wear casual clothing since she was never a mecha pilot, or a fighter of any kind. The use of colors they have for Scott's uniform looks weird as well and doesn't fit either. Earth after the Invid left should actually be in a state of repair, and being repair for quite a while as well. Why would cloths be made that had bright colors like that? I doubt material and resources would be wasted like that when it could be forth to other things, especially when there is a great chance, you are just going to get yourself dirty or clothes riped in doing things. At first I figured it might be a dress uniform but after looking at it more I don't think it can be.

Edited by Effect

I look at this as a more modernized version, I think if you compared the 80's hair style to today, the only thing off is what I call "Hair chunks" are visible with Scott compared to his comed back slick version from the 80's...

I'm curious about the music, something that made Robotech enjoyable were the tracks. Though the last two groups who did Battlecry and Invasion really just sucked. Battlecry was nothing but remixed scores from the original series, and Invasion while trying to create an original score, it failed.

Personally... <_< they're better off hiring Vince D'cola, whose still stuck in his 80's rut in my opinion.

Is "Shadow Chronicles" a new release of anime from RT?

The search function is your friend. There's only, like, five threads on this.

The designs are alright, I guess, but like everyone else, I'll have to wait to hear the voices.

I do have one beef though; what's the deal with every new animated military organization having skintight uniforms? It just looks... unnatural.

Actually, now that I think of it, that screen oddly reminds me of Get Ride! Amdriver.

Is "Shadow Chronicles" a new release of anime from RT?

Shadow Chronicles is an original sequel to Robotech and will have elements of all three generations of Robotech I.E. The Macross Saga, Southern Cross, and The New Generation. The series is suppose to tie up loose ends and cliffhangers from the original series.

When I took that pic they were flipping back and forth between the old and new screenshots so there wasn't enough time to get a perfect pic. To add on top of that the screenshot has a haze to it on purpose. They were discussing how the animation will have glare and shadow as if in real life. That pics angle is showing the effects of sunlight so it got a little hazy towards the top.

Overall I'm extremely satisfied with this new look. I think it does look like Scott just modernized for toadys standard of anime. I think it was Areaseven that mentioned it looked like "Wonderful Days", Thats mostly because I believe DRMovie worked on that as well. DRMovie was given some liberties for designs to help ease the animation process I believe.

As for the flight suits.. all three of the Robotech sagas had spandex type flight suits so it's only natural IMO. As for the EVA comments.. New Gen was there first! :p

Where can one catch up on the actual series and plot? Don't have access to DVDs. In fact, all my knowledge of New Generation/Mospeada is from a Comico Comicbook which showed Scott crashing and looking at the hologram of dead Marlene in the rain. Pretty well done for a Comico Comicbook.

So, is HG still trying to release this by the end of this year?

From what little has been gathered from the Dr. Movie press release, it would appear that the animation will be finished sometime in June or July. Speculation is that they will shoot for a November release, though its possible they might do a late October one.

No word yet on the animation for Mars Force, the followup Tv series.

No word yet on the animation for Mars Force, the followup Tv series

Mars force? I thought this was Shadow Force, then the series would be Shadow Chronicles. Now I'm confused. So, is the new series now titled Robotech: Shadow Chronicles: Mars Force?

I hope it's called Mars Force; it has a better sound than Shadow Force. :p

Is it just me, or does Scott look like a really messed up version of Gamlin, wearing a Lara Croft-tight version of Gamlin's uniform?

So what is the actual storyline behind this?

Scott leaves Earth to find Admiral Hunter.

UNITED NATIONS (AP) In an emergency session wrought with emotion, the United Nations General Assembly on Monday recognized and endorsed the Robotech Defense Force as the new counterterrorism force for the United Nations.

Secretary General Kofi Annan hailed the force, led by Adm. Lick Hunter, as "the last line of defense against terrorists, criminal warlords, and most importantly the immenent, albeit unrealized threat of alien invasion." This new force will replace GI Joe, which has been up until now in charge of the UN's counterterrorism tasks everywhere except France.

In a speech soon after the vote was taken, Hunter outlined his plans for combatting world terrorism. "We plan to build a giant, ass-ugly spacecraft, and go in search of Osama bin Laden's home planet," Hunter said. After being told that bin Laden, the Al Qaeda mastermind, is not an extraterrestrial, Hunter said "OK, we got nothin' then."

Debate in the Assemby ran hot throughout Sunday evening, as many nations doubted the wisdom of replacing the GI Joe organization, founded in 1964 and renewed in 1983. "The fact is, we are replacing a tried-and-true organization that has given invaluable service in the fight against terrorism and replacing it with a group that seems to sit around and do nothing but wear bad speedos," US Ambassador John Negroponte said in a news conference after the vote. "It's nothing better than a UN-issued pardon for Osama bin Laden."

However others were upbeat. "Now we've got a true group of visionaries at the 'elm, mates, no more of this 'crack the 'eads and bash the bollocks' mentality of the Joes," Sebastian Bludd, Cobra Island's ambassador said. He later denied reports that Cobra Island had teamed up with Harmony Gold to bribe a number of nations, including Upper Volta, Outer Mongolia, Burgundy, Satsuma, Providence Plantations, Rhodesia and the Hejaz and Nejd to cast their votes in favor of accepting the RDF and dismissing GI Joe.

"There is no truth to those rumors, none at all," John G. P. Ringo, ambassador of Providence Plantations, said to reporters as he went to his car in the ambassador's parking lot. The car was a new Ferrari Testarossa with the license plate "HGRULES."

"I can't help but believe that there was some fraud involved there," Col. Conrad S. H(censored)r, leader of the GI Joe force said. "This new company, which nobody had heard of, puts up this bunch of spacemen in silly costumes, and expects them to be effective?" When reminded that for a time, GI Joe became a group of spacement in silly costumes, H(censored)r replied "What can I say? It was the early '90s and we were all high at the time."

The vote was 170 for, including Cobra Island, Libya, Syria, PETA and Pottsylvania, and 100 against, including the US, UK, Jordan, The Byzantine Empire and Outremer.

When asked if he would extend a similar recognition to the UN Spacy, given its longer service and higher sacrifice with no evidence of Speedos, Annan replied "fu*k no." He then left on a HG company chopper.

Where did this come from? It's priceless!

Did you write this Pat?

H

Looks alright I guess. But since I really don't like MOSPEADA that much and I hate Robotrash, I doubt I'll watch any of it. I'm curious to see what they will do with the Macross characters.

Edited by dejr8bud

Where did this come from? It's priceless!

Did you write this Pat?

H

Yep :D