Macross II versus Macross 7

bsu legato

Which do you hate the most?  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you hate the most?

• Macross 7 - Basara and clown-faced valks with boobs
    • Macross II - no Kawamori = not Macross
    • Neither - I'm a consumer whore and will buy anything Macross

Yeah but A1, YOU'RE an affront to the rest of society.... and you are aware that you spelled Hurin's name wrong in your sig?

Hey, I never said he was my FAVORITE son.

Yeah but A1, YOU'RE an affront to the rest of society....  and you are aware that you spelled Hurin's name wrong in your sig?

I actually should remember how its spelled, it rhymes with "urine!!"

Yeah but A1, YOU'RE an affront to the rest of society....  and you are aware that you spelled Hurin's name wrong in your sig?

I actually should remember how its spelled, it rhymes with "urine!!"

You spineless weakling. You fixed it!?! It was funny that you had left it mispelled all this time even though those of us who followed its evolution knew that you were aware of it. Now you've caved.

I'm ashamed to call you my father.

H

Well in that case I would like to declare myself your grandfather, seein as I am now A1's daddy, and I like to make him call me it.

Can I come live with you? It creeps me out the way he makes me oil him up all the time.

Low Viz lurker, what the hell do you look at in your free time!?... Christ, I'm afraid to even click the links....

You guys are making M7 sound vaguely amusing in a horribly wrong sense... I might have to see some of it now

I heard about the soiled panty vending machines from others, thought it was funny, so I decided to find out if it were true - (Just for the record in case people think I'm some dirty pedophile whose fetish is colecting dirty underpants and they start calling the cops :lol: )

I dont doubt snopes for urban legends, maybe the other link isn't so reliable though.

If they make another macross tv series: Please don't have little kids as the main character. Go back to the roots of macross by making it more like SDF:Macross. No furry animals, preachy characters, garish coloured mechs, enemies that are close to invincible.

The focus should be huge wars and epic battles. Bring on Space War II. Now that the zentradi know how to repair, they should have anti-un spies and rebel Zentradi loyal to kamjin out there who are able to take on un spacy now that the public have been pacified and weakened for another zentradi invasion by Basara's music. jk

Nobody knows Basara's history, (probably the son of Kaifun?) maybe he was part of a plan to make un spacy weak before the big fall? Now that the greatest threat to all sides; the protodevlin, are gone, there is no fear in the world and there should be all sorts of struggles by different alien races for power and control.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Well in that case I would like to declare myself your grandfather, seein as I am now A1's daddy, and I like to make him call me it.

Can I come live with you? It creeps me out the way he makes me oil him up all the time.

Whats your obsession with oil? You have mentioned it at least twice this week. Just because I am into my physique doesn't mean I am a bodybuilder... Personally I feel like NOW its a totally lame sport.

If they make another macross tv series: Please don't have little kids as the main character. Go back to the roots of macross by making it more like SDF:Macross.

Ya know, Mylene isn't a whole lot younger than Hikaru and Minmay.

Well, macross II made me aware there was a decent sequel around the dark ages of no anime in my country (s'pore) in my teens.

I still wish there was a full line of Macross II mecha. Would have bought them all. And I think the Destroids were way cooler-looking in Macross II.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

So are you a little kid? Kids always get mad when you call their stuff kid stuff.

Flame started :rolleyes:

When I became a man I put away childish things. Like the fear of being childish, and the desire to be a grownup.

- C. S. Lewis

But then, Carroll was an aspie so his worldview might be different.

FV

And so it begins...............

*cues dramatic music*

The truth of the matter is that I enjoy both series. Neither one of them sucks. And that is a matter of my opinion of course. Others will differ.

And of course, we wouldn't have Thread Necromancy if the Mods didn't lock threads because a similar topic was started in the distant past. :rolleyes::p

Don't get mad just because I didn't take your bait.

This is lame. This guy stated his opinion, one that you've already stated you disagreed with, but you still responded anyway in a way which can easily be construed as egging him on. Who is baiting who? You should just learn that every anti-Mac7 post doesn't need your personal stamp of disapproval.

Edit- This is constructive criticism, I see myself behaving similarly on other subjects.

Edited by jenius

I love both of it.

Overall,all the macross are great.

I never hate one of them with great passion.

If i have to choose one of them,i say Macross 2.

The storyline isnt THAT appealing to me.

I watch the OVA,movie and series of Mac7,and i'm loving it.

I admit the first half of the series is boring as hell,it took me more than a month to finish the first 20 episodes.After that it gets better and better,the whole show just got more interesting when Mylene and Ray joined the Sound Force.I marathon'd the remaining episodes and finished it in less than a week.

The OVA and movie serves as a dessert,love both of it too.Plus,the music in the OVA is great.

Of course,the battles in Macross is QUALITY.Especially after Mac+,i bet a lot of people took a blow to the nut when they expected similar fight scenes in mac7 :lol: .

Macross Zero was a close candidate thou.

Needless to say,the battles are FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP.

As for the storyline......

IPB Image

Don't get mad just because I didn't take your bait.

I didn't mean to bait you, sorry if it came out that way. I guess you can love M7 without being a kid, after all it IS the only continuation of SDFM characters. I didn't like it at all while watching it, but I am glad to know what happened to Max, Millia, and Exodol.

whatever happened to "no versus threads"? Did this one get Roy's blessing or something?

This is a slight exception (as in comparing 2 series under the same name that we let slide since people "love" talking about...).

We don't do cross-universe versus threads, compare apples to oranges, soup vs. salad, blah blah blah, etc. etc. etc...

• 2 weeks later...

if you ignore the whole Basara stupid singing crap and devil looking elf, Macross 7 plot is actually very good, compared to Macross II horrible plot that's just a wear adaptation of DYRL

I always thought, that if Basara were a hot chick, the Protodevlin were better designed enemies, less recycled footage and had less episodes, the series could stand up to the original

Edited by Valkyrie addict