Macross II versus Macross 7

bsu legato

Which do you hate the most?  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you hate the most?

• Macross 7 - Basara and clown-faced valks with boobs
    • Macross II - no Kawamori = not Macross
    • Neither - I'm a consumer whore and will buy anything Macross

Naked Civil, Rex & her zipper, Chiba's questions during the Jamming Birds try outs, Milia, etc.

Mylene's panties!!??? How could you forget that???!!

Heck, usually people that hate the series bring up the idea that M7 has more fanservice than any other Macross (wich I don't think is true, either).

Do these people have a problem with fan-service? I welcome it. :)

I don't see a huge problem with fan-service every once in a while... SDF-M had so little it was just perfect.

M7 has way too much... Stupid shots of a little girls panties multiple times in every episode. Of course I have noticed this in a LOT of other anime so I don't just hate this about M7. I know its like some kind of cultural Japanese thing to love to look at the panties of a 14 year old girl, but I think its pathetic.

Naked Civil, Rex & her zipper, Chiba's questions during the Jamming Birds try outs, Milia, etc.

Mylene's panties!!??? How could you forget that???!!

Heck, usually people that hate the series bring up the idea that M7 has more fanservice than any other Macross (wich I don't think is true, either).

Do these people have a problem with fan-service? I welcome it. :)

I don't see a huge problem with fan-service every once in a while... SDF-M had so little it was just perfect.

M7 has way too much... Stupid shots of a little girls panties multiple times in every episode. Of course I have noticed this in a LOT of other anime so I don't just hate this about M7. I know its like some kind of cultural Japanese thing to love to look at the panties of a 14 year old girl, but I think its pathetic.

that does kinda bother me too in some anime, rather have more action

Wow, I had completely forgotten about the panty shot episode of Mac7 with the perverts selling her picture and some obsessed little boy... I don't really consider any of that to be aimed at adults. In fact, I think it's further evidence that the show was aimed at 12 year olds. C'mon, once you're an adult you're bound to think the panty perverts and the little skirt flick is completely childish and certainly not arousing and it clearly did not lead to any sort of sexual situation. However, 12 year old boys who are just being put through the puberty rings are going to find a little kick in it. I think all that fan-service stuff is clearly aimed at kids (although clearly not 6-10 year olds, maybe 11-14 year olds.

No more comments from me though until I've seen it again. Is there ever a passionate on screen kiss even?

I think it's geared for a younger audience, but with adult jokes and such scattered throughout the show in order to try to appeal to both sides of the coin.

I never thought the whole panty-photo sale thing was sexy, I just thought it was funny, like when Hikaru was all embarrassed about being in a lingerie shop. Kids won't fully understand why it's funny, but the "wah-waaahh" music tells them when to laugh.

I know its like some kind of cultural Japanese thing to love to look at the panties of a 14 year old girl, but I think its pathetic.

You can pay to sniff used ones too :D :D :D

Culture shocked :blink:

In September 1993, three businessmen were charged with selling used panties without a permit under the provenance of this law.

no matter how many times I read that it makes me laugh. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I know its like some kind of cultural Japanese thing to love to look at the panties of a 14 year old girl, but I think its pathetic.

You can pay to sniff used ones too :D :D :D

Culture shocked :blink:

In September 1993, three businessmen were charged with selling used panties without a permit under the provenance of this law.

no matter how many times I read that it makes me laugh. :D

We obviously didn't take WWII far enough.

Does anyone else think that this is SICK!!!??????????

I looked up burusera and found:

http://encyclopedia.lockergnome.com/s/b/Burusera

In 2004 some underage girls (called kagaseya or sniffers) had to stop selling their panties for legal reasons and had to let their clients sniff between their legs while they are still wearing the panties. Others chose to give away their dirty panties to accompany the photos they are now selling.

That is hilarious. :D I bet there is a dirty panty underground blackmarket anda special dirty underpants sniffer taskforce to hunt down the sellers. I can see cops going around kicking doors in to bust people selling used underpants the way you would see a drug bust. lol

What's funny is that the law has made it even more rewarding for the naughty school girls because they can charge the buyer for more money.

http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/waiwai/0406/0619sniff.html

I'll never look at another anime like macross 7 the same way again. Eww I feel like the show was aimed at dirty old men.. *shivers*

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Landslide? 50/50 isn't even near it.

And it's only 100-something people out of a 2000+ member population. :lol:

you know i always wonder how many are accualy active and not a multi-account. with 2600 members+ registered we should have atleast 300 members on at any time.

What's funny is that the law has made it even more rewarding for the naughty school girls because they can charge the buyer for more money.

http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/waiwai/0406/0619sniff.html

Take MNDN's WaiWai articles with a healthy dose of salt, as they're all taken from Japanese tabloids. Pretty much like using Weekly World News to hlep understand America, doesn't really work.

...and when did Milia do anything sexual? ...

One of the Plus episodes had it, sort of. One with the bridge bunnies talking about Max.

One of them asks why Millia would leave such a great guy.

Cut to Millia's office, she's shouting "HARDER!" and her clothes are laying on the couch.

But it turns out she's just getting a massage, and her masseur is incompetent..

...and when did Milia do anything sexual?  ...

One of the Plus episodes had it, sort of. One with the bridge bunnies talking about Max.

Cut to Millia's office, she's shouting "HARDER!" and her clothes are laying on the couch.

Don't forget when she auditioned for the Jamming Birds.

you know i always wonder how many are accualy active and not a multi-account. with 2600 members+ registered we should have atleast 300 members on at any time.

You need to keep in mind all of the double accounts that the pussies have. They like to hide behind another name and send me nasty PMs, then block me from responding.

:p

post-2-1113341572_thumb.jpg

:p

Yeah it was so funny when they ruined everything that was good about Macross.

Okay, I dont want to get drawn into the hate or not aspect of this, but not wanting to start another topic related to Macross 7, I thought this the best place to put this.

I would like to try to get a good quality fan-sub of Macross 7...I mean ALL of Macross 7, Episodes 1-49, Encore, Dynamite 7, Fleet of the Strongest Women,Macross 7 Movie.....basically everything. I would like this on DVD, now before you go directing me to get the FX HK version...I already have that, what I am looking for is a good quality subbing of it, so I totally understand what is going on...on par with the fan-subbing of Macross Zero by ANBU. If someone has Macross 7 that is fansubbed and is willing to put it on DVD for me.....Thanks for any help in this regard.

Twich

You need to keep in mind all of the double accounts that the pussies have. They like to hide behind another name and send me nasty PMs, then block me from responding.

What's with your obsession with multiple accounts?

You guys are making M7 sound vaguely amusing in a horribly wrong sense... I might have to see some of it now :lol:

Heh,

you're gonna want those 20 some odd hours of your life back if you find out that Macross 7 sucks goat testicles. ;)

Or he might be one of the people that likes it.

I would like to try to get a good quality fan-sub of Macross 7...

Central Anime has been fansubbing the show for quite some time, but they're still not finished. I'm filling the gaps in my collection now, all I've got left is episodes 31-35 and I'll have everything they've released so far.

They have the main tv series episodes 1-47 available for torrenting, as well as Fleet of the Strongest Women and the half hour Macross 7 movie (a little side story that played along with the Macross Plus movie in theatres). FotSW just went up a few days ago, the movie a few days before that, so they're coming out pretty steadily and it looks like they plan to release everything.

You can find the fansubs here: http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/166.html

Stick with Central Anime. The other group, Anime in Action, stopped releasing M7 fansubs. Both groups do good work. Central Anime is also releasing Legend of the Galactic Heroes, and AiA is releasing a Gao Gai Gar fansub.

I actually rather enjoy bad movies and stuff.... I love collecting bad horror movies....

Usually I'm with you. I typically get a real kick out of terrible movies. Movies like Soldier or any Kevin Costner flick... but that's because there's normally something pretty darn funny about it which embues some sort of charm... I didn't really find that to be the case with Mac7, it was more like an afront to my childhood.

Edited by jenius

Its just obvious that there are a ton of spineless members who use em. I mean I get detailed PMs and emails from handles that just signed up earlier that day.

Its just obvious that there are a ton of spineless members who use em. I mean I get detailed PMs and emails from handles that just signed up earlier that day.

You'd be surprised how many people will fire off nasty-grams immediatly after registering. I've been on the receiving end before, though admittedly not here.

On one board I'm at, the viewing of all off-topic sections was disabled for non-members because people kept signing up just to verbally abuse people in the news and politics section(which is where most of the ... shall we say, abrasive... posts wind up).

That is hilarious. :D I bet there is a dirty panty underground blackmarket anda special dirty underpants sniffer taskforce to hunt down the sellers. I can see cops going around kicking doors in to bust people selling used underpants the way you would see a drug bust. lol

The funny thing about this is that the United States FBI started out as a similar task force. They were the sex and decency police respectively (specifcally investigating and controlling public decency laws, prostitutes and their Jons) before evolving far beyond that and into what it is now. I'm not making this up so feel free to look it up if you doubt me.

Macross 7 = kiddie (Jenius summed it up nicely about all the panty shots)

Edited by Jemstone

I didn't really find that to be the case with Mac7, it was more like an afront to my childhood.

I'm really impressed that someone takes a cartoon so seriously they call it an ..."afront on their childhood."

Don't get out much?

HAHA, dude don't rip on the guys word choices... If you don't like his opinion, beat up on that.

M7 was an afront fo my childhood too.