New Yamato 1/48 GBP Pics

Graham

looks like its going to come out soon......... :huh:

Nah, that's just a resin sculpt, not an ABS Test Shot, which means that the tooling is not done yet (perhaps not even started). In fact even the resin sculpt is not finished as one of the intake covers is not ready (it's missing from the pic)

I'd say based on what I know of Yamato from the past: -

• 1-2 months to cut the tooling.
  • Another 1-2 months of making test shots and modifying the tooling to get any bugs worked out.
  • 1 month for the production run.
  • A couple of weeks for shipping from China to Japan.

We are probably looking at a minimum of 3.5 months up to 6.5 months before the toy is released.

Of course we don't know if the sculpt shown in the photo has Kawamori's/BW's final approval yet. If not and some changes are required, that could add another month or two (at least) to the production time <_< .

Graham

looks like its going to come out soon......... :huh:

Nah, that's just a resin sculpt, not an ABS Test Shot, which means that the tooling is not done yet (perhaps not even started). In fact even the resin sculpt is not finished as one of the intake covers is not ready (it's missing from the pic)

I'd say based on what I know of Yamato from the past: -

• 1-2 months to cut the tooling.
  • Another 1-2 months of making test shots and modifying the tooling to get any bugs worked out.
  • 1 month for the production run.
  • A couple of weeks for shipping from China to Japan.

We are probably looking at a minimum of 3.5 months up to 6.5 months before the toy is released.

Of course we don't know if the sculpt shown in the photo has Kawamori's/BW's final approval yet. If not and some changes are required, that could add another month or two (at least) to the production time <_< .

Graham

Woohooo! More time to save!

Graham

Woohooo! More time to save!

Just out of curiosity, how many are you going to get, Kensei? Or are you and Godzilla trying to corner the market on this? :D:lol::D

So now i wonder if the bigwigs in Yamato managed to kill off all the moles in the company so as to give out as little information as possible about its macross products.

Here's wishful thinking guys....Yamato might still have the YF-19FP in the pipe..... :p

Can i assume that all previous theories of Yamato not renewing their Macross license might be voided due to this development?

I will put my bet on X'mas 2005 for the GBP-1S to be released!

I mean, Yamato still has to release the Megazone23 bike and others before then, so be patient my fellow members :D

Andy :p

Edited by Valk009

So now i wonder if the bigwigs in Yamato managed to kill off all the moles in the company so as to give out as little information as possible about its macross products.

Here's wishful thinking guys....Yamato might still have the YF-19FP in the pipe..... :p

Can i assume that all previous theories of Yamato not renewing their Macross license might be voided due to this development?

they probably didnt kill the moles, its possible they were fired.

I asked about the YF-19FP last WF, not likely was the answer.

It could just be that they didnt renew their M0 or M+ licence, and kept their DYRL or SDFM licences

It could just be that they didnt renew their M0 or M+ licence, and kept their DYRL or SDFM licences

I agree that is the most likely explanation.

Graham

So you mean they actually had a M0 license and didn't do anything with it? <_<

Does license expirations last only 2-3 years? :blink:

Graham,

sure, you can use the pic.

prometheum5, the image was done in Photoshop. There is no special trick to it, just a Wacom tablet and a lot of layers.

Chris

Ahhh geez man, don't make it sound so simple, how do you think photoshop duds like me feel? <_<:p:lol:

Hey where is GU-11 gunpod ?!  BTW I think the Valk head would have a bit of difficulty looking over those shoulder launchers !  ;)

If a target gets close enough so that the over-the-shoulder-visibility becomes a problem.....he's got some serious issues!! :p

this is a great price, i wonder if they will also sell it as a set with a Vf

chris

I HOPE THEY TOOL IT BETTER THIS TIME, STUPID YAMATO Q.C. ON THE 1/60 MADE ME BREAK IT TWICE WHILE TREANSFORMING IT>

PIECE FLEW OFF AND HIT MY CAT.

HOPE THIS ONE BETTER.

SHOULD BE FOR THAT PRICE>

I THOUGHT THEY DESIGNED THIS THING IN CAD?!?!?!

MAKE ME SCREW CRAZYROOM!

I HOPE THEY TOOL IT BETTER THIS TIME, STUPID YAMATO Q.C. ON THE 1/60 MADE ME BREAK IT TWICE WHILE TREANSFORMING IT>

HOPE THIS ONE BETTER.

MAKE ME SCREW CRAZYROOM!

I would so buy it if parts shoot out and hits cats. Cat killing toys rule.

hey Im a cat killer :lol:

actually rainbot you cannot transform the GBP armor, it is not transformable on the valk which would probably explain why you broke it :lol: i hope you remember this if you decide to buy the 1/48. by the way unlike Zentrandude i am a cat lover if you have a cat you most likely like them as well, is your cat ok from the VF-1 barrage??? :(

Hope they do fix the "tiny hands" and "tiny feet" there...cause that really makes me wanna stay away from the upgrade.

If they fix the problem I wont mind getting them for my VF-1J, he needs some love.

HOPE THIS ONE BETTER.

MAKE ME SCREW CRAZYROOM!

Please stop shouting.

thanks

:huh: