New Yamato 1/48 GBP Pics

Graham

Graham

any chance yamato wil rpoducte a separate 1/48 Tv series booster pack??

no.

they only released the TV armor with the VF-1J hikaru and the M&M's(but those are colored). if you want the TV FP armor, you got 2 choices....buy a super VF-1J or try and convince someone to sell their TV armor.

otherwise you can get the strike armor and not use the strike cannon(though the color isn't the same).

The movie arm armour is different to the TV one.

Rick Randy, just post an ad at the Wanted section of the boards. It's easy and you might get lucky enough to get a reply from someone who might have an extra set of TV FP's they're willing sell. I did that last week and sure enough I'm getting me a set to outfit one of my 1/48 HIKARU 1J's :D !

Edited by connor99

Re: [???] The unknown outcome by the end of '05

Posted by: MattAlt (Moderator)

Date: March 31, 2005 08:09PM

The Aquarion stuff looks decent in toy form (that's definitely one of the prototypes that Kawamori's holding), but the show itself kinda leaves me cold. I find the robots a little "busy" for my tastes. They were handing out DVD "teasers" at the fair, but it isn't long enough to really make up my mind one way or the other.

Forget that, though: Yamato had a complete prototype of the 1:48 Armored Valkyrie on display, and it looked spectacular. Too bad I didn't have a camera with me!

from toyboxdx

Re: [???] The unknown outcome by the end of '05

Posted by: MattAlt (Moderator)

Date: March 31, 2005 08:09PM

The Aquarion stuff looks decent in toy form (that's definitely one of the prototypes that Kawamori's holding), but the show itself kinda leaves me cold. I find the robots a little "busy" for my tastes. They were handing out DVD "teasers" at the fair, but it isn't long enough to really make up my mind one way or the other.

Forget that, though: Yamato had a complete prototype of the 1:48 Armored Valkyrie on display, and it looked spectacular. Too bad I didn't have a camera with me!

from toyboxdx

A final complete prototype? Then the pics are old? Damn, that gives them 3 months to release this baby I reckon or at least officially announce it. Assuming that it is a complete prototype.

A final complete prototype? Then the pics are old? Damn, that gives them 3 months to release this baby I reckon or at least officially announce it. Assuming that it is a complete prototype.

Don't forget the long lead time in print magazine publishing.

Graham

wow, dont know if this was posted yet, didnt feel like reading,,,,anyway,,

Looks like the hinge on the missle cover for the arm actually retracts to hide the pin when closed. I think a lot of development is going into this one, more then the FP's

Notice the nosecone!

I can't see the nosecone, there appears to be a piece of GBP in the way.

Anyways, this looks most excellent. I can't wait to nab mine, packaged with a VF-1J.

My only dislike is the crotch armour piece. I think they should have made it so that the nosecose must be removed. Minor bitch only, it still looks absolutely fabulous. Multiples it is, and it's not just going to go on a J!

I want to see someone makle a Max and Millia version of the armour, stuff the LV. :D

Notice the nosecone!

I can't see the nosecone, there appears to be a piece of GBP in the way.

Anyways, this looks most excellent. I can't wait to nab mine, packaged with a VF-1J.

Looks like they decided against the "remove the nose cone" option but I wonder if they will make that nose cone cover removeable so you can chose to go with our without nose cone.

The whole armor suit is fracking HUGE. It has to be though since the line art was so slim it left no real room for a valk inside. The chest area shows this most readily. Looking good though. I can't wait to pick a set up!

Edited by Air Elijah

Holy fart...that's intense. Wowzers, I hope they sell it as a two-pack, ala 1/55 and 1/60...and sepreately, but if they sold one together I'd SO get one...wow.

Who'd be up to spray-painting it into a Low Viz. Version? :lol: I would...

Can't wait to see a pic with the Mickey Mouse hands on.

Man, this valk looks so tanked up! B))

I really, really hope that it comes at the end of the year.

Edited by kensei

Looking closely at the groin armor it looks like the nosecone cover is a separate piece and not molded as one-piece with the groin armor. You can clearly see the line between the groin armor proper and the additional nosecone cover.

I think Yamato have chosen to go both ways with the GBP, you either have the Valk with no nosecone and no nosecone cover, or you keep the nosecone on the Valk and use the nosecone cover.

(gawd... is this what life has come to, starring at robots groins <_< ).

Graham

Looking closely at the groin armor it looks like the nosecone cover is a separate piece and not molded as one-piece with the groin armor. You can clearly see the line between the groin armor proper and the additional nosecone cover.

I think Yamato have chosen to go both ways with the GBP, you either have the Valk with no nosecone and no nosecone cover, or you keep the nosecone on the Valk and use the nosecone cover.

(gawd... is this what life has come to, starring at robots groins <_< ).

Graham

I could kinda see what your talking about. but it's hard to tell wether it's a raised panel or a separation line. I'll get a couple of these but it looks so big. It looks like a little valk buying from the Big And Tall Valk store.

show2.jpg

(gawd... is this what life has come to, starring at robots groins  <_< ).

Graham

I could kinda see what your talking about. but it's hard to tell wether it's a raised panel or a separation line. I'll get a couple of these but it looks so big. It looks like a little valk buying from the Big And Tall Valk store.

show2.jpg

That's great! Yamato satisfies both categories! What a smart sculptor!

Wow, that looks awesome.

Odds of my buying this are increasing.