New Yamato 1/48 GBP Pics

Graham

Must say, nothing surprising so far. I knew the GBP groin armor would require removal of the nose cone to look good, the shoulder covers were certainly to be expected, and I knew the 1/48 arms would look thin in GBP armor. Which is amazing that in spite of all that, the 1/48 scale GBP armor looks fantastic so far and I'm ready to purchase at least two or more.

Funny thing is, I think that for once the 1/48 Valyrie outfitted in GBP armor will be more front-heavy than back-heavy. The chest portion is very large, combined with the addition of missiles in both the chest and forward half of the shoulders, it may be that the load will be in the front moreso than the back.

Regardless, I am thrilled to see some progress being made on this product. It's been a long haul, but the 1/48 series is finally coming together at last. Eagerly awaiting the GBP release :)

It's cool the missiles are removable.. maybe I can use the good old clear twisty ties and add some sort of fire trail effect to the missle so the GBP can be launching some of his missiles.

Geez you are so irrepressible Jin. :rolleyes:

I hope this will warrant the release of another round of plain or Super VF-1J's. Let's wait and see!

Well, I guess it's time for me to retire from this thread now, until next month's edition of the Hobby Magazine that is. Would you agree that if these are the pics they show now, the sculptor is already well on his way to another part of the armour, backpack, chest, crotch or legs? When's the next edition of the Dengenki Hobby Mag come out?

Edited by kensei

Guest Bromgrev

Hey, what's that picture doing on the toy forums? Thought you could sneak one past us model lovers, eh? Have to get up earlier than that to evade the old matt-finish radar! :D

I am just hoping that this seems to indicate that Yamato has not stopped with Macross toy production and we do indeed see some Macross Zero toys as well as the YF-19 FP...but one could only hope.

Twich

I am just hoping that this seems to indicate that Yamato has not stopped with Macross toy production and we do indeed see some Macross Zero toys as well as the YF-19 FP...but one could only hope.

Twich

For the M0/YF-19, very dark the future looks....(in Yoda's voice)

I'm getting a couple of these armors, if the price permits that is.

Vic...

any chance a separate tv version of the 1/48 booster pack would

be released??

I mean since they are doing the GPS armor..

also one thing that would sell alot I know many guys have been

customising theirs but would a brown vf1-a be a suitable option??

I mean even though I like the yammie

1/48 boxes maybe to save space and packaging

they could release a standard 1/48 brown vf1-A

with the wings "retracted". I am sure manyw ould buy more than one

to "bolster" their models numbers.

any chance that the destroids owuld get the 1/48 treatment??

Okay, do you mean a different version or packaged separately, like the GBP with or without a Valk?

If you mean a different version, then there's only one, and that's and that's the TV ver. Side question - was there a DYRL? GBP? I don't seem to recall...

As for the latter, Yamato did it in the 1/60 line and so far for the 1/48 line as well.

So as far as the predicted pattern goes, more than likely.

Graham

any chance yamato wil rpoducte a separate 1/48 Tv series booster pack??

also I means even though peole here are comming up with

stunning customs, would It be a wise thing to ask yamato if they can

make vf-1a 1/48 in teh standard brown tv series type??

I mean people would find another good excuse to buy more

than one of the same generic type to bolster their "collection"

perhaps even though I love the standard 1/48 boxes

maybe for the generic brown valk you could package it with

wings fully retracted. It would save on space,

plastic, cardboard and would be ideal for storage.

also will the destroids get the 1/48 treatment??

love to see at least a generic tomahawk

Ummm...that's really up to the customers in Japan inclusively.

As for the Destroids getting the 1/48 treatment, everyones guess is as good as yours. Though some of us are a little bit pessimistic(and for good reason), and'll say no way.

But IMO, having them in 1/48 scale is a little over kill. I just bought a Playmates 7" Exo Squad Tomahawk on eBay for a killer deal and I think that any bigger than that would be too big for something that does transform. Note that the VB-6 is in the 1/100 scale and variable. Where as the Playmates are a little bigger than 1/100 scale, more closer to 1/72 scale or a bit shy from that scale. A good compliment to the Monster or any 1/72 Valks. So any bigger would be over kill, IMO.

Great news. Thanks Graham.

Next questions:

1) How much?

2) How will it be marketed? Bundled with VF-1J or sold separately like the FAST Packs?

The price is TBA, as is the release date.

As a very rough guestimate knowing the speed Yamato work, I'd say we'll see it by Christmas 2005 if we are lucky or perhaps first quarter 2006.

It hasn't been announced how it will be sold, but there were rumors flying around a while back that two versions are planned, the armor by itself and also sold bundled together with a Hikaru VF-1J, just like he 1/60 version. It would not surprise me if this were true.

Graham

That wasn't really a rumour, that was the official announcement back when we saw the first pics.

Although things change, of course (eg, VF-0), so it's not like it's set in stone.

looks like I'll have to buy another 1/48 soon to replace the Low Vis I sold to Hirohawa....I'll get a Millia this time, as that's what I was wanting in the first place.

Yamato, where's my VF-4???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read the text about the 1/48 GBP,

said that will have a new version "big hand" in

"manipulator style",

I think is a big size " movie style" hand,

not TV style version again

That's cool. I wonder what they will look like? Or maybe manipulator hand TV style?

Definately want the nosecone to be removed for the crotch armor. Line art accurate damnit! :p

Not interested in a "well hung" Valk? :lol:

Not really. I got the 1/60 version as a b-day gift and it's the only area that looks off. Well, at least Yamato is still making Macross toys.

Definately want the nosecone to be removed for the crotch armor. Line art accurate damnit! :p

Not interested in a "well hung" Valk? :lol:

Not really. I got the 1/60 version as a b-day gift and it's the only area that looks off. Well, at least Yamato is still making Macross toys.

Well, then there is a glimmer of hope for mmore Macross toys.

Graham

any chance yamato wil rpoducte a separate 1/48 Tv series booster pack??

no.

they only released the TV armor with the VF-1J hikaru and the M&M's(but those are colored). if you want the TV FP armor, you got 2 choices....buy a super VF-1J or try and convince someone to sell their TV armor.

otherwise you can get the strike armor and not use the strike cannon(though the color isn't the same).