New Yamato 1/48 GBP Pics

Graham

Shoulder adaptors on the 1/48? (shrug). From the CAD diagram, it seems the too-long nosecone will also have to be "adapted" as well. Shows insufficient forward-thinking, but excellent detailing and gimmicks otherwise.

If Yamato had gone for a blunter looking nose cone, people would be moaning and bitching about that. I myself like the long realistic nose cone Yamato used. If the nose cone has to be removed for the sake of the armor, so be it. At least the nose can be easily removed.

GBP groin armor has always been a tricky issue. You either have to have a short nosecone on the VF-1, like on the 1/55 to keep the length of the GBP groin armor reasonable or if you have a longer more 'fighter mode' accurate nosecone on the VF-1, then you end up with overly long groin armor on the GBP.

More than a year ago when they first mentioned the possibilty of a 1/48 GBP to me the plan IIRC to keep the length of the 1/48 GBP groin armor a reasonable length was that you would have to remove the nose cone to attach the groin armor.

However, there was also talk of having a hole in the bottom of the groin armor, so that those who wanted to maintain perfect transformation could still leave the nose cone on, but the tip would stick out the hole on the bottom of the groin armor.

I have no idea if they still intend to follow this idea.

Graham

looks good so far but i still don't understand why would they still need an attachment for the shoulder!

Take a look at your 1/48 in Battroid mode. Now imagine it is wearing GBP chest armor. Even if the chest armor was made out of very thin plastic, it is still going to partially obscure the Battroid's already fairly narrow shoulders.

This would mean that in order to add the shoulder GBP missile pods without adaptors, the missile pods would either have to be disproportionally thin, or would overhang the sides of the shoulders.

Graham

Great news. Thanks Graham.

Next questions:

1) How much?

2) How will it be marketed? Bundled with VF-1J or sold separately like the FAST Packs?

The price is TBA, as is the release date.

As a very rough guestimate knowing the speed Yamato work, I'd say we'll see it by Christmas 2005 if we are lucky or perhaps first quarter 2006.

It hasn't been announced how it will be sold, but there were rumors flying around a while back that two versions are planned, the armor by itself and also sold bundled together with a Hikaru VF-1J, just like he 1/60 version. It would not surprise me if this were true.

Graham

Given the propensity of even the redesigned nosecones to fall off during transformation etc... I would rather they make a nosecone removable version.

Imagine how pissed you would be if you spent forever outfitting your favorite 1/48 with the GBP only to hear it start rattling in the crotch area, and have to take it all apart again to reseat (or remove) the nosecone.

It is still a prototype, this is still going to be a long wait.  <_<

:rolleyes: Which gives you time to save. Geez, they are still doubting Yamato.... <_<

I'll give the price at a maximum 20-30 dollars more than a VF-1J w/FPs. Time to start saving. I have another long term goal now. Looks like that shelf will never be finished... :(

Edited by kensei

It hasn't been announced how it will be sold, but there were rumors flying around a while back that two versions are planned, the armor by itself and also sold bundled together with a Hikaru VF-1J, just like he 1/60 version. It would not surprise me if this were true.

Graham

C'mon, give me a break Yamato. Bundle it with a CF-1A already.

Imagine how pissed you would be if you spent forever outfitting your favorite 1/48 with the GBP only to hear it start rattling in the crotch area, and have to take it all apart again to reseat (or remove) the nosecone.

I already hear rattles when I store the intake covers in the micromissile boxes. It takes ages to take the intake covers off. Whenever I fly it around, you hear the noise as if something inside is broken.

Here's an idea:

Maybe they could include a special transformable nosecone tip?

-Split the tip in half like a binal tech at the centre so both sides fold back. (Or instead have it split at the bottom and top of nose cone tip.)

-It should now look like a peeled bannana or two petals off a flower. (the centre of the flower is the now-exposed radome)

-Each "petal" (the split parts of the nosecone tip) will have an articulated hip at it's base that rotates 180 degrees so the petals now sorta face flush on the round parts of the nosecone base.

-folding the petals back onto the nosecone base now has the effect of shortening the whole nosecone area a little bit.

Now there is now no more pointy nose sticking out! (we live in a time where you can have individually articulated fingers joints. A few extra joints in an alternate nosecone wouldn't hurt)

and meanwhile sculpt some dual seaters already!

Whoa there, they haven't even gotten around to releasing DYRL kakazaki or a tv cannon fodder paint scheme yet. They still got to milk this single seat sculpt for all it is worth. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

They should milk the TV mold for all it's worth. I want a CF, Kakizaki and Max 1A dammit! I'm too lazy and unskilled to make some of these myself. :D

I'm going to have someone recast those side armour panels for me. I want to put them on my unarmoured valks too.

All those people that skipped the 1/60 GBP are feeling pretty good about themselves right about now.

I dunno, I've actually been expanding my 1/60 collection simply because it has more variety than the 1/48ths ever will (I still hope I'm wrong about that). I picked up a Millia Q-Rau, an Elintseeker and a Super Ostrich just in the past couple months. Over the next couple I was thinking a GBP, a Strike, possibly a Max Q-Rau, and if I can find one I'd probably nab a VF-1D.

Of course, I'll definitely be picking up a 1/48th GBP (packaged with a VF-1J) whenever it comes out.

and meanwhile sculpt some dual seaters already!

Whoa there, they haven't even gotten around to releasing DYRL kakazaki or a tv cannon fodder paint scheme yet. They still got to milk this single seat sculpt for all it is worth. :D

Oh yeah... how could I have ever forgot them? Esp the CF 1A? LOL~! :lol:

Just bring'em on!

i always thought the removeable nose cone was more gimmick than anything else.. .. was there really a demand from fans for seeing the radar thingy?

someone said the long nose was a lack of forsight. really i think this armor might be the "real" reason the nose pops on and off so easily. I wouldn't be supprised at all if the nose needs to be off for the armor to fit, and honestly it wouldnt' ruin my day either.

as for the arms.. i like the exagerated look, big honkin shoulders and huge popeye forearms looks kinda cool with skinny little upperarms. imho its a intresting mix of bulk and skinny. (contrast is a good thing people!)

Edited by KingNor

wow Thanks for the Pics Graham.

I guess this will be my next yamato purchase (if they really cancelled the VF-0)

I have the same tiny gripes Graham has but I guess we'll have to wait and see the final to really say anything.

Look great so far IMO.

holy!!!! the removable missles look very sweet! wow.... i'm impressed.... but i can bet this is gonna put a dent in the wallet just for the armor alone..... I'm guessing alone it'll go for about $60-$75 to start since the 1/60 GBP's are $45.... and w/ the 1J it'll be almost $200!!!

just a guesstimate.... no??

Damn, Damn, Damn!!!!! :angry: I should have most definately have gotten that VF-1J Hikaru w/o the fast packs I really want that armor now that it has side armor that Yamato neglected to make with the other 1/48's.

holy!!!! the removable missles look very sweet! wow.... i'm impressed.... but i can bet this is gonna put a dent in the wallet just for the armor alone..... I'm guessing alone it'll go for about $60-$75 to start since the 1/60 GBP's are $45.... and w/ the 1J it'll be almost $200!!!

just a guesstimate.... no??

personally, i think its going to be the same price as the strike FP armor, if not less. the FP armor has all sorts of details and gimmicks in comparison to the GBP which so far, looks as though the only gimmicks they made for it was removeable missiles(this should be a given and not considered an extra bonus feature) and the side armor(thats if it actually comes with it?). until i see pics of details/gimmicks that surpass the quality of the strike armor, i can't see it being worth more.

i.e. the original MSRP for the 1/60 super VF-1J was more than the original MSRP for the 1/60 VF-1J GBP, therefore, i can't see the 1/48 VF-1J GBP selling for more than the 1/48 Super VF-1J.

off topic,

please don't jump down my throat about this but....

its never a good idea to discuss prices of up and coming products. it only helps sellers gauge the maximum amount they can charge for the item which IMHO is information they don't need to know.

i.e. if something costs $40 but everyone and their mom says they'd pay $80 for it, how much would you charge as a seller? ;)

C'mon, give me a break Yamato. Bundle it with a CF-1A already.

Now that is an idea. A 1/48 VF-1A CF would not sell well enough to justify a full run of 15,000. But if they bundled it with the GPB they could.

It is also cannon that the CF used the GPB.

How many people would rather have a CF with their GPB over a 1J? There are many 1J still unsold from various sources.

How many people would rather have a CF with their GPB over a 1J? There are many 1J still unsold from various sources.

i've been saying this since they first released the news.

if they take this route, they get to release a new valk with new armor and they'll make a killing on them cause everyone would buy the bundled version with the CF and probably an extra GBP set on top of that.

they can bundle it with the 1J but i don't think they'll see the sales they would if it was released with the CF. we all want a CF, none of us really want another 1J do we? atleast i know i don't.

haterist Posted on Mar 28 2005, 02:23 PM

i've been saying this since they first released the news.

if they take this route, they get to release a new valk with new armor and they'll make a killing on them cause everyone would buy the bundled version with the CF and probably an extra GBP set on top of that.

they can bundle it with the 1J but i don't think they'll see the sales they would if it was released with the CF. we all want a CF, none of us really want another 1J do we? atleast i know i don't.

I'm with you on this one, H! How hard can it be for YAMATO to do a repaint of a 1A :blink: ?!! Well, I'm still hoping they'd come out with a 1/48 CF.