New Yamato 1/48 GBP Pics

Graham

Hey Guys, I know the 1/48's are pretty sturdy, but do we have any idea how heavy this armor's going to be? I mean, the valk looks like a million bucks with the armor on and all, but I hope it doesn't mean that I'm gonna need to buy a separate stand (like the one on the pic!) just so I can put my 1J on display :huh::( .

Edited by connor99

Looking closely at the groin armor it looks like the nosecone cover is a separate piece and not molded as one-piece with the groin armor. You can clearly see the line between the groin armor proper and the additional nosecone cover.

I think Yamato have chosen to go both ways with the GBP, you either have the Valk with no nosecone and no nosecone cover, or you keep the nosecone on the Valk and use the nosecone cover.

(gawd... is this what life has come to, starring at robots groins  <_< ).

Graham

I could kinda see what your talking about. but it's hard to tell wether it's a raised panel or a separation line. I'll get a couple of these but it looks so big. It looks like a little valk buying from the Big And Tall Valk store.

show2.jpg

That's great! Yamato satisfies both categories! What a smart sculptor!

Did Yamato neglect to add the piece that goes under the valks underarm pits? I can't see it, can any of you? :unsure:

post-4-1112523626_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1 VF-1 2NV

Hey Guys, I know the 1/48's are pretty sturdy, but do we have any idea how heavy this armor's going to be? I mean, the valk looks like a million bucks with the armor on and all, but I hope it doesn't mean that I'm gonna need to buy a separate stand (like the one on the pic!) just so I can put my 1J on display :huh::( .

IMO at lest twice the weight of the fastpack set, and the vf-1 with the fps is already pretty heavy and unplayable cause the bad balanced weight, surely is mighter then the Koenig Monster, I just hope It will not tend to fall foward,( we could balance with normal fps anyways :p)

The shipping cost will kill me.

Ps

I really hope that the nosecone is optional cause its just ridiculous.

That's awesome IMHO! :ph34r:

Did you guys notice on the left leg intake, there seems to be an extra piece of armour covering the intakes? The right leg doesn't have this piece though.

That's awesome IMHO! :ph34r:

Did you guys notice on the left leg intake, there seems to be an extra piece of armour covering the intakes? The right leg doesn't have this piece though.

You're right, there is a piece missing.

That hip armour design looks good. HK was right, this allows that valk to have some articulation in the legs unlike the 1/60.

Woweeeee! I want it I want it I want it I want it! I hope that crotch piece is removable, but I wouldn't mind if it wasn't.... makes it more realistic. This design really makes me wish they had made the neck on the VF-1J a little longer... he's looking over his bust :lol: It looks pretty crappy right now with the Chicken hands, but that might just be me hating the Chicken hands.... <_<

That's a FANTASTIC photoshop coloring job Chris. maybe we can pray that the paint app on the release will look half as good...

Oh man, this is gonna rock.

Oh, sneaky hobbitses at Yamato!!

They shows us, pics of arm armor only, and makes us think that GBP preciousss is many years away, then they surprises us, and shows us the preciousss is nearly finished.

:lol:

I agree that is the absolute meanest looking incarnation of the GBP I have seen yet. Before, it just looked oafish, but that thing looks downright menacing!

Must have, preciousss. :lol:

Thanks.

I've been lurking on these boards for some time now so I thought I might finally post something...

I actually wanted to do only the basic coloring, so that I could see what the GBP would look like when Yamato finishes it. But I had to do some real work today, so of course I started adding more and more detail to the image, as an exscuse to avoid doing it.

So I have this really detailed Valkyrie image, and the work is still waiting... ah, well, tomorrow is another day.

Here is the finished pic, with some markings and noseart (or is it legart in this case?) added.

Chris

GBP2.jpg

Now that's one hell of a way to make a first impression! Welcome to the boards chris!

Good gawd this GBP armor looks fantastic. I was worried that the armor would be too thin, since the 1/48 Valkyrie is fairly thin in Battroid mode (comparing it to the anime and lineart). I'm very glad to see that the 1/48 scale GBP armor is every bit as big and bulky as it appears in the anime, even more so. The thing looks menacing to say the least.

For certain, at least two of these sets will be mine and I may even purchase a third simply to have one set for every 1/48 Valkyrie I own.

Some of you have weight and balance concerns for this. See with the legs, at least there is rubber around the balljoints to lessen the friction and looseness of the hips. This is not so for the arms. I kept my hikaru 1S with his arm always aiming at something unsupported, it became loose over time so he had to hold the gun with 2 hands, until I added the paper cushion. Although I do imagine loose shoulder joints will not matter to most of you since it will mainly be posed with 2 hands on the gun rather than jsut one...especially with the big ass shoulder armors. Although a word of advice, if any of you DO in fact want to have your 1/48 posed with 1 hand gun aiming pose high in the air, you might want to find a way to keep the shoulder ball joints from getting loose.

I think this toy is AWESOME. I hope we get a giftset with a 1/48 VF-1J.

Thought came to mind that he can no longer hold the gunpod with that bulky arm armour on.

Quick! Someone cast some "wrist extensions"! LOL!

Seriously though, it looks like kensei is correct. And that thing needs to hold a gunpod to hide how small the hands look!