1/48 Two Seater Conversion Kits

Mechamaniac

Hi Chris.

The possibility is always there; it's really more an issue of how many people would actually be willing to purchase what would probably be a fairly extensive (and expensive--maybe $150-ish) upgrade kit.

The Ostrich & Elint would require a whole new nose section with its own canopy & cockpit, as well as a new chest, heat-shield, modified FAST packs, a new set of V-tails, different head, as well as the huge radome on the Elintseeker. Do-able, but at a price.

will Neova or somebody else consider selling completed modified Valks? I'd rather let someone else do the work than butcher my own Valk and destroy a sweet custom two-seat rig and try to conceal my poor craftsmanship with the world's worst paint job. I'm just lookin' for a hypothetical rather than an agreement of some sort...

Hi Chris.

The possibility is always there; it's really more an issue of how many people would actually be willing to purchase what would probably be a fairly extensive (and expensive--maybe $150-ish) upgrade kit.

The Ostrich & Elint would require a whole new nose section with its own canopy & cockpit, as well as a new chest, heat-shield, modified FAST packs, a new set of V-tails, different head, as well as the huge radome on the Elintseeker. Do-able, but at a price.

As long as there isn't crazy prep work I'd be down for 1 of each.

i would love a elint seeker i hope you consider it, it looks like Yamato will not be making it. if it is priced right i am sure on this board you could get all the buyers you need.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

With the Elintseeker and SuperOstrich, I believe that the existing NP-FB-01 section of the current FAST Packs would be able to be used, with the appropriate modifications to the front sections.

I would like to mention another problem that we might have to face. This project might take several months or more per type. Not that I want to rush the Captain, but what about the availability of 1/48s in the future? That would make it really hard for some people to get what they want, as they would not neccessarily like to butcher their current existing valks for the VE/VT/VF. Anymore news of any releases? A release of the VF-1J Hikaru would be useful for the VF-1D, as well as the VF-1S Hikaru or VF-1A Max for the Elintseekers and Ostrich. Is this project along with the population of Macrossworld able to warrant another rerelease of 1/48 Yamato and their FAST Packs for customisation?

BTW Captain, I know it's not concrete, but if it is around $75 USD/kit, that would be hell sweet. Can't ask for a much better price than that. If I were to order more than one kit, would you be able to package it together for cheaper shipping? And also what payment would you accept? I will start saving in the beginning of April, regardless of whether you have started the project or not! :)

I'm so excited, I just can't hide it! :D A true Macross collection is within my grasp!

I for one am not worried about getting 1/48's to customize.

That is the good thing about hating the 1A head, plenty of custom fodder out there. :D

And yeah, $75 a kit is an AWESOME price point, and well worth it. Doubling that for the Super O and Elint is more than fair as well considering what would have to be done to make those kits.

Can't wait to see the baby steps of this project.

With the Elintseeker and SuperOstrich, I believe that the existing NP-FB-01 section of the current FAST Packs would be able to be used, with the appropriate modifications to the front sections.

I would like to mention another problem that we might have to face. This project might take several months or more per type. Not that I want to rush the Captain, but what about the availability of 1/48s in the future? That would make it really hard for some people to get what they want, as they would not neccessarily like to butcher their current existing valks for the VE/VT/VF. Anymore news of any releases? A release of the VF-1J Hikaru would be useful for the VF-1D, as well as the VF-1S Hikaru or VF-1A Max for the Elintseekers and Ostrich. Is this project along with the population of Macrossworld able to warrant another rerelease of 1/48 Yamato and their FAST Packs for customisation?

BTW Captain, I know it's not concrete, but if it is around $75 USD/kit, that would be hell sweet. Can't ask for a much better price than that. If I were to order more than one kit, would you be able to package it together for cheaper shipping? And also what payment would you accept? I will start saving in the beginning of April, regardless of whether you have started the project or not! :)

I'm so excited, I just can't hide it! :D A true Macross collection is within my grasp!

Why are you, of all people, worried about the availability of 1/48 valks??? ;)

Well, just got a PM from Anasazi37, he's ON BOARD to make the decals for the 1D conversion kits!

The designs will essentially be a scaled up version of the Yamato 1/60 VF-1D set I've already made. It shouldn't take very long to rescale and produce these sets, which can be done as either stickers or decals--customer's choice. All I'll need is a few weeks notice before the kits are ready to ship. Same goes for the Elint and Ostrich kits, if those materialize.

Here's a pic of the 1/60 VF-1D set so you can get some idea of what's coming:

1d.jpg

take it easy everyone.

i don't know why people are asking about VEs and VTs?

let the cap'n get the 1D going and then, sometime down the road when its finished(like in may) you can ask him all about other 2 seaters. no reason to bombared the dude with a bunch of pointless questions at this time. besides, every time he has to come here and respond to a post(that has nothing to do with the 1D), that less time hes getting to put into the 1D finished. ;)

[conan]be cool my babies[/conan]

but why would they send you a big box for something that just contains an upgrade kit...

not only that but why would you spend on bunch of money on a upgrade kit, sand it, file it, paint it, apply decals, then box it up? :unsure:

yeah, same thing I was thinking... :lol:

i'm still trying to figure out what the heck hes gonna do with 60+ valks? :unsure:

theres only a total of 8 1/48s so even if you had to have 5 of each, 3 in each mode, 1 to play with and 1 to keep MIB, there still leaves 20+ unaccounted for? i'm telling you man, him working for MS is a smokescreen, you and i both know what godzilla really does for a living. :ph34r::lol:

Just for your info, I am not a drug dealer. :rolleyes::ph34r: As for my valks, I told you my project: 1/48 Prometheus or Armor-01. Sheesh. Need an airwing you know. ;)

Also I am not going to covert all my 60 plus valks but I am going to convert maybe 7-9 of them. I still have the other projects like the 2x VF-1S and 2x VF-1J LVs, CF VF-1A, Kakazaki TV, CF VF-1J. It is gonna be a busy couple of summers. <_<

Since we are stating problems here for the 2 seaters, maybe Yamato forseen these issues so that is why they won't make the 2 seaters. Just a thought here.

Just for your info, I am not a drug dealer. :rolleyes::ph34r: As for my valks, I told you my project: 1/48 Prometheus or Armor-01. Sheesh. Need an airwing you know. ;)

Also I am not going to covert all my 60 plus valks but I am going to convert maybe 7-9 of them. I still have the other projects like the 2x VF-1S and 2x VF-1J LVs, CF VF-1A, Kakazaki TV, CF VF-1J. It is gonna be a busy couple of summers. <_<

Since we are stating problems here for the 2 seaters, maybe Yamato forseen these issues so that is why they won't make the 2 seaters. Just a thought here.

Oh that reminds me... thanks for the hash and crack package....it was the best shipment yet! I still can't feel my left arm!

Oh and stop smoking half the merchandise! A 1/48 Prometheus??? :lol: Just stop!

Jeez - are you going to live inside the Prometheus once you're done? oh, Godzilla's next conversion is going to be his house!

Hey, here's an idea for you nuts :)

Invite Bob Villa over and convert a closet into a scale aircraft carrier hangar, your shelves could be lifts what are they called? Gantry lifts? you can simulate asphalt/Tarmac with roofing shingles, which are cheap as heck, a coat of paint and some details, Viola! If the closet is dedicated to Macross anyhow you could use part of it for a Display / Diorama / Photo set.

Just for your info, I am not a drug dealer.  :rolleyes:  :ph34r: As for my valks, I told you my project: 1/48 Prometheus or Armor-01.  Sheesh.  Need an airwing you know.  ;)

Also I am not going to covert all my 60 plus valks but I am going to convert maybe 7-9 of them.  I still have the other projects like the 2x VF-1S and 2x VF-1J LVs, CF VF-1A, Kakazaki TV, CF VF-1J. It is gonna be a busy couple of summers.  <_<

Oh that reminds me... thanks for the hash and crack package....it was the best shipment yet! I still can't feel my left arm!

SHHHHHHH!!! I told you keep that under wraps.eusa_doh.gif

That's it I am cutting you off! 075.gif

:p:p:p

Yes i can build a 1/48 prometheus. My initial calculations say it can be a size of the car. (Or so I think).

Just for your info, I am not a drug dealer.  :rolleyes:  :ph34r: As for my valks, I told you my project: 1/48 Prometheus or Armor-01.  Sheesh.  Need an airwing you know.  ;)

Also I am not going to covert all my 60 plus valks but I am going to convert maybe 7-9 of them.  I still have the other projects like the 2x VF-1S and 2x VF-1J LVs, CF VF-1A, Kakazaki TV, CF VF-1J. It is gonna be a busy couple of summers.  <_<

Yes i can build a 1/48 prometheus. My initial calculations say it can be a size of the car. (Or so I think).

I hope you're joking... :blink:

The Prometheus is 512 Metres or 1680 Feet Long.

At 1/48 scale, your "car" would have to be 35 feet long.

Better start thinking about an 18 wheeler! :lol:

Makes me think of that Rebel Blockade runner that dude made to scale with the 4 inch Star Wars figs... :huh:

I hope you're joking... :blink:

The Prometheus is 512 Metres or 1680 Feet Long.

At 1/48 scale, your "car" would have to be 35 feet long.

Better start thinking about an 18 wheeler! :lol:

Makes me think of that Rebel Blockade runner that dude made to scale with the 4 inch Star Wars figs... :huh:

Actually I wasnt kidding. Well it was going to the armor-01 or prometheus which depends. But they will be in a cutaway detail.

Here's a pic of the 1/60 VF-1D set so you can get some idea of what's coming:

1d.jpg

Can you add the black shapes for the chest and top of the head since these kits will have to be painted?.

Can the black shapes on the chest be recessed so they have some depth?

I don't think they're supposet to be.

Actually I wasnt kidding. Well it was going to the armor-01 or prometheus which depends. But they will be in a cutaway detail.

You're going to need a small army laborers to construct that thing. And, out of what material were you planning on building it?

I can imagine the looks you'd get from your neighbors when you open the garage door and you have a Honda and a blue aircraft carrier in there. :o

You're going to need a small army laborers to construct that thing. And, out of what material were you planning on building it?

I can imagine the looks you'd get from your neighbors when you open the garage door and you have a Honda and a blue aircraft carrier in there. :o

well we will.I said I had plans to. I have other projects sitting around.

Hey, I never said you weren't going to. I don't doubt you. Hope I didn't offend you.

I'm in the construction trade. I will work if I can build a room for myself :lol:

I don't think that the VT or VE needs the V tails changed at all. See the comparison pic in this thread:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...=0entry261702

I didn't think the tail fins between the normal VF-1 were any different from the Elint/Ostrich - there was just the difference between the transformations - the VF-1 folded up it's tail, and the Elint/Ostrich didn't...

I think that the Captain was basing the 1/48 VE and VT on the 1/60 Yamatos. They had dinky little tailfins. Have absolutely NO idea why Yamato did that. Then again, I don't have any 1/60s, so maybe they were to be modified for a function that the VE and the VT had, I don't know.