Major Tom (1)

wickedpr1nce (2)

Wildstar (1)

TheFrenchOne (1)

Killerx (1) 2 if price is $75

MecGojira (1)

JoLe727 (2)

nismoflip (1)

Fortress_Maximus (1) Possibly 2 Dependent upon price.

Zeta Otaku (1)

Postman Pat (1)

bbarr97 (2)

Hurricane29 (1)

Total Orders (64)

Popular Questions & Answers

I have been getting many questions, so I posed them to him, and here are the responses.

1 - PRICE? - I know this is probably the most important issue, so here it is...

It'll be between $75-100.00

2 - TIME FRAME - WHEN WILL YOU START THE CONVERSION KIT?

-Probably sometime in late May. This is, however, tentative; so it could very wel be the 1st, second week of june, depending on existing projects.

3 - WHO WILL BE CASTING THESE? (anyone local, Rohby, Myersjesse, MSLZ22 etc)

-I'll be molding/casting everything myself, and I'll be using a high-impact polymer instead of regular resin

4 - HOW LONG DO YOU KEEP THE MOLDS?

For as long as they usually last, which is for rougly 35-45 castings.

5 - HOW MANY WOULD IT TAKE FOR YOU TO DO MORE PAST THE INITIAL PRODUCTION RUN?

20 or more

6 - WILL YOU DO PILOT FIGURES? (Minmay Figure)

This is about the only point I'm still iffy on; I never cared for sculpting microscopic figures, it's not my bag.

So, there you have it, I think that covers most of the questions in a nutshell. I am going to update the first page of this thread as well.

2/22/05 - Yeah, it's only been a few days, but this thread is growing fast!. So, quick update #1 - A sacrificial VF-1J valk has been obtained by myself, and is being sent to Captain America for the initial phase of review and early design.

2/23/05 - Decals for the VF-1D conversion kits will be made by none other than...ANASAZI37!!

4/14/05 - Project is still on track, see Page 12 for update.

OK, well, as most of you probably know, the Champagne box sets are in production, which means....I need a new quest. :lol:

The general consensus around here seems to be that Yamato isn't going to come through for us on two seater 1/48's. <_< Or, at the very least, they aren't going to come through any time soon. All that is on their Macross horizon is the 1/48 GBP, and the more than likely defunct 1/100 VF0. Many of us fear that their Macross days are nearing the end.

So, I have contacted our very own John Moscato (Captain America) to see if he would be interested in making a two seater conversion kit for the Yamato 1/48 toys. For those of you (as if there are any) who are not familiar with Cap'n's work, he is the genius who made the 1/72 Valk Booster and the 1/18 Tachikoma projects become reality.

He has indicated that as long as we don't mind waiting a few months, then he is more than willing to take on this project!. Cap mentioned June at the earliest that he would be able to get cranking on this, so there is no rush, and noone wants your money right now.

So, I propose that we start small, with a VF-1D conversion kit. This would entail a new head sculpt, a chestplate modification, and nosecone/cockpit modifications. Since the VF-1D has no specialized Fast Packs, or staggered cockpit, it seems to be the most logical place to start.

I decided not to make this a poll, cuz, well, after the poll vs pay ratio of the Champagne box project, polls don't seem to count for much around these parts... ;)

So, let the discussion begin. IF you are interested, let's get some buzz going!

Edited by Mechamaniac

finally, someone who actually wants to see this project to be done...i've read people on these boards wanting a 1D and are finally gonna get the chance to have one...oh well, i might as well be in, it'd be interesting enough of a venture :p

So the next question could be, who has the photo shop (and other) skills to make the new VF-1D box? I would love to have a completely legit looking 1D. Pricing and all that good stuff would have to be considered. Unfortunately, I doubt I'll have the scrill this summer to keep up my collecting....

Man oh man...thats cool...but seriously...since the Capn's time is so scarce....I'd like to suggest we aim higher...how about a VT1 or VE? I'd like a VF1D...but I would LOVE a 1/48 VT1...maybe we could even get John to sculpt a Minmei figure to go with it?!?! Come on now...how cool would that be?!?!?! Then...with that done doing a VF1D would be easy...and the VE a someday.

Please please please???? I mean, truly its a great idea...and I'm in in a heartbeat...but for the VT...well..thats the grail for me.

Man oh man...thats cool...but seriously...since the Capn's time is so scarce....I'd like to suggest we aim higher...how about a VT1 or VE? I'd like a VF1D...but I would LOVE a 1/48 VT1...maybe we could even get John to sculpt a Minmei figure to go with it?!?! Come on now...how cool would that be?!?!?! Then...with that done doing a VF1D would be easy...and the VE a someday.

Please please please???? I mean, truly its a great idea...and I'm in in a heartbeat...but for the VT...well..thats the grail for me.

I'd be down with either the VF-1D or the VT-1 Super O.

An Elint would be a distant third for me as well.

Ultimately, I don't care what we make, as long as we get some dang two seater Valks!!

So the next question could be, who has the photo shop (and other) skills to make the new VF-1D box?  I would love to have a completely legit looking 1D.  Pricing and all that good stuff would have to be considered.  Unfortunately, I doubt I'll have the scrill this summer to keep up my collecting....

1D box would be sweet...

just a suggestion here...if anyone is customizing the 1D box, can he/she as well customize a 1S Max box?....im sure many people here would want to see their max 1S well kept in the appropriate box

aaajin

PS: Id be down for one if anyone would recast the 1D cockpit~!

Edited by aaajin

Man oh man...thats cool...but seriously...since the Capn's time is so scarce....I'd like to suggest we aim higher...how about a VT1 or VE?  I'd like a VF1D...but I would LOVE a 1/48 VT1...maybe we could even get John to sculpt a Minmei figure to go with it?!?!  Come on now...how cool would that be?!?!?!  Then...with that done doing a VF1D would be easy...and the VE a someday.

Please please please????  I mean, truly its a great idea...and I'm in in a heartbeat...but for the VT...well..thats the grail for me.

I'd be down with either the VF-1D or the VT-1 Super O.

An Elint would be a distant third for me as well.

Ultimately, I don't care what we make, as long as we get some dang two seater Valks!!

Sold! Super O with Minmei and Rick it is! :)

:rolleyes:;):lol::p

I think the Capt should try the VF-D first, not because I like that the most, but becasue it is probably the easiest to do of the three. Any problems that come up he can fix later using the experience he gained from the VF-1D.

So the next question could be, who has the photo shop (and other) skills to make the new VF-1D box?  I would love to have a completely legit looking 1D.  Pricing and all that good stuff would have to be considered.  Unfortunately, I doubt I'll have the scrill this summer to keep up my collecting....

1D box would be sweet...

just a suggestion here...if anyone is customizing the 1D box, can he/she as well customize a 1S Max box?....im sure many people here would want to see their max 1S well kept in the appropriate box

aaajin

:blink:

Edited by AlphaHX

1D box would be sweet...

aaajin

If that is a real Yamato Box, I'll jump for joy, if that is one designed by you...damn, I don't know, I'm speechless.

Looking for errors in that pic, seems like it isn't really a 2-seater, AlphaHX, I am going to strangle you ....

Edited by kensei

I'm down for it as long as the cost doesn't get too wacky.

My thoughts:

So are we looking at a kit with the needed VF-1 D parts:

Chest sheild

Head,

Nose cone parts,

Canopy,

Dual cockpit details,

Heat sheild?

Because IIRC, that is what we'll need for a 1/48 VF-1D conversion kit.

You forgot the BP9 that is different in the D variant.

A new cockpit aerea(bd6-bd7) is sufficient, the nosecone is a different piece , no need to change it I think.

1D box would be sweet...

aaajin

If that is a real Yamato Box, I'll jump for joy, if that is one designed by you...damn, I don't know, I'm speechless.

Looking for errors in that pic, seems like it isn't really a 2-seater, AlphaHX, I am going to strangle you ....

Hahah... I kno I kno... I just wanted to see what you guys had to say. :lol:

I whipped it up really quickly last nite. There was still a ton of mistakes. Here, I fixed a few. ;)

I had you fooled for a second there Kensei. :p

Edited by AlphaHX

I whipped it up really quickly last nite. There was still a ton of mistakes. Here, I fixed a few. wink.gif

Probably it taked more time then the actual yamato box arts :D

Very nice Box, but that Hikaru & minmay is just odd, they didn't writed it on the 1/60 box and IMO they will not write it on a 1/48 box.

I whipped it up really quickly last nite. There was still a ton of mistakes. Here, I fixed a few. wink.gif

Probably it taked more time then the actual yamato box arts :D

Very nice Box, but that Hikaru & minmay is just odd, they didn't writed it on the 1/60 box and IMO they will not write it on a 1/48 box.

Hahah, I'm surprise that wasnt the dead give away when it was first posted. :lol:

Changed it. :p