1/48 Two Seater Conversion Kits

Mechamaniac

Dammit, when you think about it, the Capt might as well design a whole new 1/48, the only things that we are essentially keeping across the three variants are the arms legs and backpack!

Dammit, when you think about it, the Capt might as well design a whole new 1/48, the only things that we are essentially keeping across the three variants are the arms legs and backpack!

No, it's not nearly that severe. Most of the design of the toy works very well. The only problem is, it works well for the regular VF-1; the extra growth required for the 1D poses a slight hurdle, but it's not by any means impossible to overcome.

I think, that all this speculation and concern is unfounded - let Capt work his magic, and if he's spent some time on it, and then comes back to us and says 'Guys, it can't be done this way - but we can do it this way instead' - at that time do we concern ourselves with the intricacies. Let the man work, for gosh sakes!

Will do! I was just wondering about that cockpit thing...does ANY valk do that?

The cockpit doesn't go anywhere. The chestplate slides down over the top half and the heatshield extends down over the rest. If I understand your question correctly.

All of the toys do that. It's a key part of the transformation.

Huh...If you look at http://www.mahq.net/mecha/macross/macross.htm , they have lots of pics of the original Valks in mech and fighter mode. What I don't get is that the cockpit (especially apparent in the VF-1D) in battroid mode is more then half the size in fighter mode. Where does it go?

Please tell me I'm making *some* sense...

watch the animation in this thread and maybe you'll understand my previous post.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=12845

He's talking about the amount of room inside the cockpit in battroid mode. The seat rotates 90 degrees back and a bunch of panels surround the pilot. That's why it looks like there's less room. There's a cutaway pic in the Perfect Memory book.

GAH! In battroid mode, the friggin' cockpit shortens a shitload...look at the MAHQ pics, and you'll see what I mean. I just don't get it...In that 3D animation, the cockpit is the same size, so it looks like it's incredibly well-endowed, but in the anime the cockpit get's A LOT smaller...

Ok, here's what I really want to know. Is it possible, without variable cockpits, to make a valk, that's anime-accurate?

And sorry for de-railing the thread...it's a habit I have...

GAH! In battroid mode, the friggin' cockpit shortens a shitload...look at the MAHQ pics, and you'll see what I mean. I just don't get it...In that 3D animation, the cockpit is the same size, so it looks like it's incredibly well-endowed, but in the anime the cockpit get's A LOT smaller...

Ok, here's what I really want to know. Is it possible, without variable cockpits, to make a valk, that's anime-accurate?

And sorry for de-railing the thread...it's a habit I have...

:blink:

It doesnt get shorten. The chest plate moves down and covers a part of the cockpit.

A friend just asked me about the cockpit looking smaller in battroid when he saw my banpresto valks that I have on top of my computer monitor. :D

These are not vf1d of course, (so I'm probably going a bit OT) but clearly the chest plate moves down making the canopy appear smaller when all that happens is the chest plate moves down.

On the lil banpresto ones, all that happens is the canopy slides down into an empty space inside the nosecone (very simple) as opposed to having the chest plate cover a portion of the canopy like the 1/48 yamato. But when you view a battroid-transformed banpresto next to a fighter-transformed banprseto, people will think the cockpit is smaller because it creates an optical illusion("omg the cockpit has shrunk!"). I would really like to see a tiny vf1d banpresto. :D

vf-1d-battroid.jpg

In battroid mode the armor becomes bio-morphic like the alien bird human skin seen in macross zero.

vf-1d-fighter.jpg

In fighter mode it is disguised as a usual plane which explains why the nosecone.cockpit area looks normal.

There you go.. alien technology allows for shrinking/expanding armour plating. jk Obviously those two drawings follow the comic book style of 'exaggerate certain features to look cool' and aren't proportionally accurate. (change in size of nosecone is a dead giveaway)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

will Neova or somebody else consider selling completed modified Valks?  I'd rather let someone else do the work than butcher my own Valk and destroy a sweet custom two-seat rig and try to conceal my poor craftsmanship with the world's worst paint job.  I'm just lookin' for a hypothetical rather than an agreement of some sort...

My question would be: Are there people out there who would take my -1A, install the -1D upgrade (most of it), add a -1S head (complete with Fulcy's improved head lasers, already purchased), and then give it a heavy-duty paint job in all black (matte or gloss doesn't matter to me)? Decals are optional (I actually play with my Valk from time to time, so I'm going more for stands-up-to-punishment rather than looks-hella-cool).

Edited by Stormrider

A 1D with a 1S head? There's plenty of people here that would do that for you as long as you're willing to pay the bill.

That would be fantastic! As long as the price is fairly reasonable (Hey, some of these people are masters of the art!) I would gladly ship my precious (and only) VF-1A to someone to have it customized. I'd probably have to send at least 4 of its hands for the paint job as well. (I bought TV hands from Rohby about a year ago, and greatly prefer them to the Yamato articulated hands) I still haven't got the S head put together (I've been waiting for my replacement BP8s to show up...don't ask).

I had thought about trying to get this conversion done in 1/60, but the parts are too hard to find. (Did Yamato scrap the 1/60 FAST pack conversion?)

• 3 weeks later...

just out of curiosity i this style head being made as well for the conversion?

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Yes, since that is the 1D head :p . Anything else would just be a two seater X head valk.

Hey Cap,

Got a status for us?

As to the status, and progress pics, you can check the 1/72 Regult thread in the Models section. That one is definitely in the queue before the Cap'n can start on the conversion kits.

He indicated when I first asked him that it would probably be May(ish) for a time frame.

Yes, since that is the 1D head :p . Anything else would just be a two seater X head valk.

Hey Cap,

Got a status for us?

As to the status, and progress pics, you can check the 1/72 Regult thread in the Models section. That one is definitely in the queue before the Cap'n can start on the conversion kits.

He indicated when I first asked him that it would probably be May(ish) for a time frame.

Sounds good. Just making sure this doesnt die.

Oh no, it won't die. I don't care if I have to beat on it's chest and scream....

LIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

It will not die. :lol:

I just hope that the 1/72 Regult is the only thing John has on his plate before this project. Given the lackluster response to the fanboy Valkyrie Girl project, I would hate to see it push back this one in favor of the 5 fanboys that actually want those things to be made. :rolleyes:

Oh no, it won't die. I don't care if I have to beat on it's chest and scream....

I just hope that the 1/72 Regult is the only thing John has on his plate before this project. Given the lackluster response to the fanboy Valkyrie Girl project, I would hate to see it push back this one in favor of the 5 fanboys that actually want those things to be made. :rolleyes:

I'll be there helping you. Heck, I'll do CPR.

:lol: You sick puppy.

:lol: You sick puppy.

Hey now. You are sick too. You are the only person here that have more 1/48s than I do.