1/48 Two Seater Conversion Kits

Mechamaniac

So the next question could be, who has the photo shop (and other) skills to make the new VF-1D box?  I would love to have a completely legit looking 1D.  Pricing and all that good stuff would have to be considered.  Unfortunately, I doubt I'll have the scrill this summer to keep up my collecting....

1D box would be sweet...

just a suggestion here...if anyone is customizing the 1D box, can he/she as well customize a 1S Max box?....im sure many people here would want to see their max 1S well kept in the appropriate box

aaajin

PS: Id be down for one if anyone would recast the 1D cockpit~!

:blink:

If that is a real Yamato Box, I'll jump for joy, if that is one designed by you...damn, I don't know, I'm speechless.

Looking for errors in that pic, seems like it isn't really a 2-seater, AlphaHX, I am going to strangle you ....

Hahah... I kno I kno... I just wanted to see what you guys had to say. :lol:

I whipped it up really quickly last nite. There was still a ton of mistakes. Here, I fixed a few. ;)

I had you fooled for a second there Kensei. :p

Cummere! I'LL KILL YOU! :angry:

Regrading the Conversion kit if there will be one.

I was wondering how much modeling or customising skill does it require on the buyer's part?

As far as I've read. there seem to be quite a few changes to be made to the original valk. and also we would have to change the original color to orange.

Kindly advise if Im wrong

thanks

I was wondering how much modeling or customising skill does it require on the buyer's part?

As far as I've read. there seem to be quite a few changes to be made to the original valk. and also we would have to change the original color to orange.

thanks

Well, it's a little early yet, but the kits will most likely be made from resin.

Regarding the parts themselves, given the significant differences between the single and double seat valks, I would say that it will probably contain...

An entirely new fuselage section.

New cockpit details, chairs, and pilots.

New canopy.

New Chestplate

New Head.

New BP8 (head hatch).

If we do the VT-1 or the VE-1 then the kits will contain all of the above PLUS...

New boosters

New Leg Armors

Add on parts for VE-1 (Radomes etc)

That being said, you will probably have to have a moderate amount of skill in assembling/disassembling the Yamato 1/48 toy, and Painting will definitely be required since none of the two seater valks are even close in color to any of the current toy versions.

But, until we actually get further along on this, and Captain America starts designing etc, there's no way to tell how many parts there will be etc.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Mechamaniac

thanks

Well, it's a little early yet, but the kits will most likely be made from resin.

Regarding the parts themselves, given the significant differences between the single and double seat valks, I would say that it will probably contain...

New canopy.

New Chestplate

New Head.

New BP8 (head hatch).

If we do the VT-1 or the VE-1 then the kits will contain all of the above PLUS...

New boosters

New Leg Armors

That being said, you will probably have to have a moderate amount of skill in assembling/disassembling the Yamato 1/48 toy, and Painting will definitely be required since none of the two seater valks are even close in color to any of the current toy versions.

But, until we actually get further along on this, and Captain America starts designing etc, there's no way to tell how many parts there will be etc.

Hope this helps.

Ain't skeered, bring it on!

(Okay maybe a little...)

:lol:

Great box mock-up and yes, it does look better than most of Yamato's efforts.

Well, as Yamato seems to be moving away from the Macross toy business,and no other company seems interesting in taking over, I guess it is up to us fans to create those items that we want.

Graham

New canopy.

New Chestplate

New Head.

New BP8 (head hatch).

New boosters

New Leg Armors

Hope this helps.

Don't forget that if you change the chestplate to straighten the neckline, you need to change the corresponding piece that attaches to it in fighter mode. Hopefully the longer canopy will raise the part that holds the neck in Battloid mode because the straightened neckline will cover up half the head on a regular 1/48. But like yousaid it's too early to tell how it will turn out. But that piece that sits behind the chestplate will need to be replaced too, which will affect it if someone were to want to put a FP on it, because the part that holds the backpack down is connected to that piece.

Also, you need some bulby parts on the wingtips of the VT and the VE. And some interlocking device would be needed to secure the backpack down since the backpack position is different with these to FP valks. I'm sure Cap can address this when he gets to it. I'm just looking at my 1/48s and wondering how its gonna happen.

And don't forget that the VT and VE have smaller rear stablizers. Since they don't fold flat when using the booster packs, that's a big part of the reason why we'll need some sort of new latching mechanism for the backpack in battroid mode. I recommend some of our more technical types build some computer models to help with designing new parts. I'd do it myself, but since I learned my computer-programming skills on a Radio Shack TRS 80 back in high school, I don't think anyone would want my help.

the big question:

How much?

He has indicated that as long as we don't mind waiting a few months, then he is more than willing to take on this project!. Cap mentioned June at the earliest that he would be able to get cranking on this, so there is no rush, and noone wants your money right now.

So I think we can safely say that... we have no idea whatsoever. Hopefully Cap can shine some light on this later.

So angry.  :ph34r:

*releases his hands from AlphaHX's neck* Heh...just kidding mate. BTW, you did not fool me, I was always skeptical.... :rolleyes:

EDIT: Unfortunately I did not purchase any extra vlaks for this project. Hopefully there will still be a reissue of 1/48 in the future.

Edited by kensei

*releases his hands from AlphaHX's neck* Heh...just kidding mate. BTW, you did not fool me, I was always skeptical.... :rolleyes:

EDIT: Unfortunately I did not purchase any extra vlaks for this project. Hopefully there will still be a reissue of 1/48 in the future.

Hahah... I'm sure you were. ;)

No extra Valks??? :blink:

69 Valks and you dont have any extras? :mellow:

EDIT: Unfortunately I did not purchase any extra valks for this project. Hopefully there will still be a reissue of 1/48 in the future.

Hahah... I'm sure you were. ;)

No extra Valks??? :blink:

69 Valks and you dont have any extras? :mellow:

Hey I'm speaking the truth! :rolleyes: Damn, I have no credibility here at all.

All 69 valks have a purpose. :(

I know that resin can never compare to ABS plastic in terms of strength, but how much weaker can we expect the material to be? I am generally gentle when handling my valks, but is that enough to stop any breakages? Also what can he do (I know it is still early but I am nevertheless curious) to slow down or prevent the wearing away of resin during repeated transformations?

Hi Guys.

In order to maintain a decent amount of strength on the toy, I can always mold the parts out of the same high-performance polymer that I used on the VF-1 Launch Pylon as well as the Tachikoma. The material is significantly stronger than the more widely-known resins, but like anything else, it still has its limitations and isn't quite as strong as ABS. The stuff also incurs a slight cost penalty, as it's a bit more expensive and needs to be post-cured.

I immagine that from a complexity point of converting a regular Yamato 1/48, you'll basically have to become familiar with the use of a screwdriver, but beyond that, it should be a piece of cake, and as with anything I'd offer, you'd get full-color, step-by-step in structions on how to dismantle, AND replace all the necessary parts.

I'd contemplated offering the 1D parts pre-pigmented ( a la Tachikoma) but in so much as the rest of the toy would end up having to be painted anyway, I can just mold them in one standard color.

Hi Guys.

In order to maintain a decent amount of strength on the toy, I can always mold the parts out of the same high-performance polymer that I used on the VF-1 Launch Pylon as well as the Tachikoma. The material is significantly stronger than the more widely-known resins, but like anything else, it still has its limitations and isn't quite as strong as ABS. The stuff also incurs a slight cost penalty, as it's a bit more expensive and needs to be post-cured.

I immagine that from a complexity point of converting a regular Yamato 1/48, you'll basically have to become familiar with the use of a screwdriver, but beyond that, it should be a piece of cake, and as with anything I'd offer, you'd get full-color, step-by-step in structions on how to dismantle, AND replace all the necessary parts.

I'd contemplated offering the 1D parts pre-pigmented ( a la Tachikoma) but in so much as the rest of the toy would end up having to be painted anyway, I can just mold them in one standard color.

If the added strength justifies the added cost, then I'm all for it. Hope that won't be too much trouble for everyone if you were to use two different materials on the same mold? Therefore, you can amke an economy kit, and a high grade kit?

Maybe if you use a certain pigment that could correspond with an available color that would be great. Less chance fro scracthing up the head and fuselage.

I'm in for the stronger material as well.

Might even have to get two of these kits.

Great Project and Thanks!

Edited by hirohawa

Say Cap'n, you could dye them blue for an instant Max and Millia wedding valk. ;)

From comparing a 1/60D to a single seater it looks like the bottom half of the fuselage is the same and only the top is a little longer so that'd be one less piece to make. The only problem is there's nowhere for the heatshield to go.

If this looks like it will turn out good, I might pick up one or two.

But be warned everyone, when John was trying to get people interested in his Legioss, Harmony Gold laid the smackdown on him so who says it won't happen again, even if he doesn't actively promote it on his website or on the front page of Macross World?

Edited by Apollo Leader

I think this will be OK, as it will stay with us in MW. When John was promoting the Legioss he had to go outside MW to get a bigger market to justify the production costs and that when HG swooped from the sky like an angry licencing demon. Or something along those lines.

ok, this is probably not the best place or time to bring this up but I was in the works of a 2 seater. only 3 ppl other than myself knew about this before I put this up because I don't like to throw ideas out before anything is done.

I am in no way doing this just because I see how many ppl want it...I seriously dropped off the parts to be recasted the day this thread was started. and I had asked to purchase haterists extra fuselage last week as well.

anyway, I'm not saying mine will be great or anything, but I just wanted ppl to know, I'm not stealing the idea to take this on as my own. I've talked with captain america a bit about this and it seems he's alright with it...so I'm going to go ahead and start once I get my parts in next week.

and no I haven't forgotten about the dyrl hands...I'm almost done with the left fist and will soon start working on the other fist and open hand.

One color (white or whatever resin colors - same as the stock VF-1J or VF-1A/1S would be perfect) is fine due to the need to repaint most of the Valk. If anything, color match the two Blue and Red TV VF-1Js to make the wedding Valks!!!

I'm glad someone is seriously considering this (finally!)

Keep the price reasonable and you got all my money!!! :D

thanks

New canopy.

New Chestplate

New Head.

New BP8 (head hatch).

New boosters

New Leg Armors

Hope this helps.

Are the "pilots" going to be Racer outfit Hikaru and Minmay from the first episode? Because that is what I would suggest.

Also I like the fan-designed box, but I also would like to see other box designs, too, not necessarily in line with the Yamato Macross product style. I'm thinking more along the lines of the new Scopedog box art, or maybe old-school Bandai 1/55 SuperO or Elint box art.

:blink:

Two seater! :o

SWEET! :D

:unsure: I'm up for one, but I need to get another 1/48 for it though.....one that's not too pricey. That is if I can find one. <_<

Even an used or slightly damaged one. :ph34r:

Imagine this baby in 1/48...

- Jin

I have been for two years, that's why I PM'd the Cap'n! :lol:

EDIT - Well, I just got a sacrificial VF-1J, and it should be on it's way to the Cap'n shortly.

I was hoping that Yamato would eventually come around to creating the 1/48 VF-1D. But the ways things are going its highly un-likely. Anyways, im glad you did contact the Cap.

I can only guess how the final product will look like when its done and painted.

- Jin