Star Wars Episode 3 Spoilers Thread

zeo-mare

Pretty good trailer. Finally got it in the 640 x 320 form.

As far as the novelizations, Hurin, there's a bit more to Empire's (particularly in Luke's training, the rod in seven pieces, etc) but agreed not nearly as much as New Hope's or Jedi.

The trailer made me drool and I can't wait. I'm hoping that this one is the one that is as good as ESB. I told my wife that I'm probably going to make sure I'm off that day so I can get in line with all the other fanboys. Naturally, as wives like to do, she rolled her eyes.

Dammit... that f'n trailer actually makes me wanna see it! <_<

But then... I felt the same way back when the Phantom Menace trailer debuted... that whole, 'Holee-sheat! A STAR WARS MOVIE. IN THEATERS!!!!'

...And then I remember how ass-erific the first two were, IMO. If any ya'll loved 'em, God bless ya, but they made my skin crawl.

I want ROTS not to suck. The trailer sure didn't... but the movie itself? Well, it remains to be seen... by necessity, of course, there's a whole lot not in that trailer or only seen briefly... like Wookies... and Padme... hmmm, well only 2 months to find out once and for all!

i hope so, they are saying this film is much darker than the last ones and may be the only star wars film to get a pg-13 (the others were all Pg). i really want to see it.

chris

Against all wisdom, I'm starting to allow myself some cautious optimism. If RotS turns out half as good as the new trailer implies, it might just be worth the previous two films just to get to this one.

i like when palpatine reveals his true form, the way he growls and jumps torwards the jedi like a animal reminds me of the Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde statement that was made in the other thread. the way he tears up the Senate chambers and plows Yoda make him much more of a savage fighter than i originally thought him as. he never seemed like a fighter more like a elusive wizard that manipulates everybody into doing his work for him and stays hidden on the side at all times. appearently he is far more powerful than we all think.

chris

Ummm... I just watched a second time... anyone catch the part where Palpy says to Anakin something to the the effect of ''I need your help son..." :blink:

Ahem.

Son?!?

:rolleyes:

OK, OK, I know its just an expression (or can be)... but what if Anakin's mum had been ravished by the dag-nasty evil Dark Side.... what if PALPY IS Anakin's PAPPY?!? God that even smacks of Lucas' trite, juvenile word-play... like the dude has been watching Popeye episodes fer Chrissakes!!! Ag, ag, ag... where's me Pappy?!? :lol:

No really. :huh:

I know, I know... I too just felt a thousand fan boys scream out in terror... but admit it: this is just the kind of thematic/ narrative mirroring that Lucas has been doing throughout the prequels... Luke overcomes/ redeems his Father (Vader/ Anakin)... Episode 3, as we all know, ends in Anakin's 'damnation'... will we, then, find Anakin succumbing to HIS FATHER?!? This would, in affect achieve balance... to the Force, as it were, and to Lucas' sense of mythic narrative. :unsure:

People call others "son" when they aren't related. Its just a way of speaking towards someone really. Palp has basicly been a father figure of sorts to Anakin, the same way Obiwan has been and the way Quigon was. To suggest that Palp is Anakin's real father is really pushing and grasping at thin air. Trying to make something out of nothing.

People call others "son" when they aren't related. Its just a way of speaking towards someone really. Palp has basicly been a father figure of sorts to Anakin, the same way Obiwan has been and the way Quigon was. To suggest that Palp is Anakin's real father is really pushing and grasping at thin air. Trying to make something out of nothing.

Actually, I think there IS a good chance that could be the case, otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it.

Granted, I'm not saying I care for the idea, but it WOULD make sense given the narrative mirroring Lucas is engaging in with the PT and the OT.

Whether or not ya like the idea, or not... think it likely, or not... we'll just haveta see in coupla months! :D

what was jabbas right hand mans name again Bib Fortuna? he looks alittle like him if you put a hood over his head.

chris

I hope we get to see Mace make some serious saber mobves in this flick. I mean, he has a purple Lightsaber. The ONLY purple lightsaber. You better be one bad futhermucker if you are going to be a Jedi with a purple lightsaber. He really didn't get too much fighting in Ep 2, just playing T-ball with Jango Fetts head. The confrontation with Palps should be cool. He moved DAMN fast...it seems the older a Jedi/Sith is, the faster he becomes. Yoda showed a similiar hyper-speed jumping around Dooku at the end of 2

i do not know, i think boba has his own. i found a new pic from what i am told is the kid from episode 2 ( a little older now) dressed in the boba fett armor, it was mixed in with the star wars episode 3 pics, does anyone know if he makes a appearance in the new film?

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

This flick is gonna rock. My only question is with all this combat and fighting going on (Republic warships, Windu et al vs Sidious, Anakin vs Jedi, Anakin vs Obi-Wan, Yoda vs the audiece) I wonder if there will be enough time left over to make a decent plot to string them together. If there isn't, we'll just get Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat again.

it seems the older a Jedi/Sith is, the faster he becomes.

Not really. It's just that the older you are, the more experience you have with manipulating and using the Force, thus you're able to call on it in greater and greater amounts. Yoda used that control (plus the extra power he absorbed from Dooku's lightning) to give himself a short burst of speed, and I imagine Sidious to be doing something similar.

It just happens to be that the more advanced Force techniques can make lightsaber combat somewhat... clumsy, by comparison :p

the trailer is not to long aminute or 2, but is very good. i to have wondered about how much story this movie will have, with all the saber battles space battles, plus general grevious, i hope they have enough time to wrap this all up and tie together any loose ends.

I dunno, that pic of palps/sidious looks more like Jabba than the Palps....He just looks FAT for some reason.

Prolly because the Actor has gotten old in the past 20 years...

Ummm....Ian McDiarmid is actually just wearing heavy clothes. In that pick, he's wearing the cloak over his Senate robes/costume. He's got a gut but in that particular pic, they layered the cloak over and the costume underneath has puffy shoulders. So of course he'll look bigger.