What scale Destroids?

EXO

What would complete your collection more?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. What would complete your collection more?

• 1:48 scale
    • 1:60 scale

1/60 for me, the 1/48 VF-1's should only be a one off. Especially with the VF-0's and the Mac Plus line all in 1/60. A part of me wishes they did a special 1/60 remake of the VF-1's with today's tech, and wipe out the 1/60 originals all together. I got only '1' 1/60 but it was my first valk, and it was a two seater. (the VT). After i saw the quality i went bleh and upgraded to the 1/48. Ahh but the trainer is sweet as looking sighh. My fav valk in the movie! :p Really do hope yamato developes two seaters in 1/48. :rolleyes:;)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

You've got to remember that most of the destroids (at least from the TV series and DYRL) were quite a bit shorter than the VF-1

Can someone back this up? I seem to recall the destroids (except the MACII) were all just about exactly the same height as the battloid valks.

You've got to remember that most of the destroids (at least from the TV series and DYRL) were quite a bit shorter than the VF-1

Can someone back this up? I seem to recall the destroids (except the MACII) were all just about exactly the same height as the battloid valks.

411981[/snapback]

Here's a (not very good) shot from the TV series.

71004.jpg

1/48 all the way, imagine the detail

411788[/snapback]

not necesarily... the q-rau was pretty big, but there's very little detailing. Same with the garland. It could just be big.

411792[/snapback]

only because they went cheap, look at the GBP

One thing to consider though is that valks have high heels while the destroids have flat feet. So they might look taller but I think they would eventually be about the same height? (with destroid making up for any differences in thier chunky body.)

I think standing a 1/48 destroid next to a GBP equipped 1/48 would be cool. 1/48 must get lonely. Maybe by upscaling the little details look more realistic? (the 1/100 monster for example had the little chest cannons taken out, maybe out of fear they would snap off?)

If they made it at 1/60 first that would be good. Then dip thier toes into making 1/48 (individual missiles that you can take out and put in like the 1/48 fast packs) but with exchangeable legs. Just buy the legs like you would GBP armor or fast packs for those on a budget. (with people who have money to burn just buying the destroid fully, like how they did the Super packs for vf1 1/48?) What do you think of that?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

• 6 months later...

I voted 1/60 because the Q-Rau and the newer yamato stuff is 1/60. But there's some good arguments for 1/48, like having a scale to go with model diorama figures. Also the fact that 1/48 VF's and 1/48 Destroids would be in line with the same series SDF/DYRL where as all of the newer 1/60 stuff is M+ and Zero.

Also voted 1/60.

The Monster is on the top of my Destroid-list, but I'd rather see some 1/60 enemy mecha like the Regult. Looks pretty easy and cheap for Yamato to develop.

I know they won't sell well enough to justify even the low developmentcosts of a non-transforming mech. The Queadluun-Rau proved that point, but a man can dream can't he?

Guys, 1/60 Destroids would be smaller than 1/60 battroids, probably they would be as tall as 1/72 hasegawa battroids; how can you put them togheter with those gigantic 1/48 valks, or even the new Mac+ and Mac0 valks????? :wacko:

Edited by Gatsu

I know they won't sell well enough to justify even the low developmentcosts of a non-transforming mech. The Queadluun-Rau proved that point, but a man can dream can't he?

dream away, i'm totally with ya! :)

the reason for poor sales for enemy mecha IMO was..

1. they were too expensive.

i don't know what the wholesale price was but seeing the price for these now, its easy to tell that a lot of sellers were taking us to the cleaners. had they not sold them for as much as they did to begin with, people might have bought a few extras(like they're doing now) for customs and such. like a wise man once told me, "sell them for less and you'll sell a lot more of them"

2. they released the wrong one from the start.

had they released the TV-rau or a battle pod, everyone would've bought one with no hestitation and probably multiples at that. i can't speak for everyone but i bought the other 2 raus without a second thought because they were the only enemy mecha available for purchase. if they release a regult, i believe they would sell out faster than the "personalized" raus.

3. if they want people to buy more, they need to have more variety.

you can't make one enemy mecha toy, make a 2 repaints and expect people to jump up with joy. when people see a variety of enemy mecha toys, thats when fans get sucked into it. as is, the 2 raus ain't doing nothing in anyone collection other than collecting dust. if they made battle pods and officer pods, the rest of the enemy mecha toys would get much more action and praise on these boards, which would draw more fans and more sales. its a fact that people always want what the next mans got.

you listening yamato? do you hear me? i know you frequent these boards, i know you're reading this, so make it happen and we'll make you rich/er. :D

a 1/60 Destroid would be almost exactly the same size as a 1/60 VF-1 in battroid no? I'm not a huge destroid fan, would rather have Regults and Glaugs, but the 1/60 seems like a fine scale to me. I think the Gladiator would be the most fun as far as toys go (that might be a Robotech name, I don't follow Destroids). The other destroids are just legs and weapons, at least the Gladiator had arms. All time favorite would definitely have to be the MacII though... I'm going to replace my coffee table with one if they ever make it! :D

Id like 1/60's. I mean do any of us want them as much as we want transforming mecha? or even Zentradi mecha?

I mean dont get me wrong, i think they'd be cool additions, especially with the level of detail Yamato would put into them. but they'd still be less fun that a transforming mech, at least to me. At 1/.60 they would be (god willing) cheaper and therefore more people would be willing to invest.

and id buy some enemy mecha, but again it would have to be cheap. i got my milia Qrau about 2 weeks ago, and it cost me $75 aussie shipped (About 60 us). to me, thats a great price, and im very happy with the toy. Im lookin round for a max one now.

The valk is a bit taller. There is a tiny pic of this in the hidetaka design works. (they show them all standing together in a group shot)

Some of the newer valks like the vf19 and the vf0 must be pretty tall standing next to the destroid.

mecha_size_comparison.jpg

The size difference isn't all that great. I'd say.... BOTH!

I'd go for them at 1/60 scale for $40 each max, but I doubt Yamato would that generous with the price.

Though, the Destroids would prime material for repaints! Just imagine, desert camo, forest camo, snow camo, and of course don't forget the battle-damaged Destroid complete with flatbed truck to haul away it's carcass! :p

edit: At 1/60 scale, you could also fit them all in an uber special giftset.

Edited by TheLoneWolf

At 1/60 they'd be small which is ok but the cost had better be small also

given that they're not transforming then they should have a lower price tag to boot.

Now if they're 1/48 scale then that would be cool but I'm still not willing to pay an inflated

price for these guys.

At 1/60 they'd be small which is ok but the cost had better be small also

given that they're not transforming then they should have a lower price tag to boot.

Now if they're 1/48 scale then that would be cool but I'm still not willing to pay an inflated

price for these guys.

Smaller doesn't always mean cheaper. In order for these to be worth what Yamato wants for these they would have to come with some heavy articulation, opening hatches, cockpits, missles, pilot, removable armour, and some very nice detailaing.

1/48 is really the way to go. This would keep in line with the size that Yamato is currently promoting and not necessarily the 1/60 scale.

yamato is currently promoting the 1/60 scale more heavily, at least basewd on the releases over the next few months....

I wouldn't say the scale, just the size.

If they were promoting the 1/60 scale, Yamato would have not mentioned anything about more 1/48 re-issues or repaints. ;)