What scale Destroids?

EXO

What would complete your collection more?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. What would complete your collection more?

• 1:48 scale
    • 1:60 scale

1/60 scale and diecast for $40usd-60usd. We know Yamato can make some damn nice non-transforming diecast toys. Take a look at their original diecast Giant Robo toy. Heavy, detailed, posable, and plenty of gadgets/extras.

Yamato, we know you can do it at that price point, now make it happen!

F that, they just need to reissue these!

No thanks. <_<

[rant]

If Yamato are gonna have a go at Destroids they'd better be at the same level of detail as the recent 1/60 releases.

And because they won't be able to transform, they would need a LOT of articulation, preferably as much as the Revoltechs.

Oh, and there need to be two packed in a box.

Except the 1/60 Monster. That would be the only Yamato Macross toy that deserves a large box.

Not an oversized box, a large one.

Nobody likes an oversized box.

[/rant]

Except the 1/60 Monster. That would be the only Yamato Macross toy that deserves a large box.

Someone had the idea of a 1/60 Monster kit like the Hot Toys ED209.

t would save on shipping, reduce possible damage, and make custom paint jobs easier.

What if they did a conversion kit?

no conversion kits! whats the point, so you can only display one at a time?

thats the takatoku schtick, lets not go backwards in time shall we. :p

as i suggested way back when, they need to be sold 2 destroids per box.

that way people are forced to buy 2 and yamato is guaranteed to sell 2.

it'll be "o-kay" for us(meaning we can deal with buying 2 at a time) and a win for yamato.

if they sell them individually, there will always be that one destroid that gets no love.

no conversion kits! whats the point, so you can only display one at a time?

thats the takatoku schtick, lets not go backwards in time shall we. :p

as i suggested way back when, they need to be sold 2 destroids per box.

that way people are forced to buy 2 and yamato is guaranteed to sell 2.

it'll be "o-kay" for us(meaning we can deal with buying 2 at a time) and a win for yamato.

if they sell them individually, there will always be that one destroid that gets no love.

Depending on the scale, the box for the two would be huge. But this is indeed a nice strategy for sales and marketing purposes.

Shipping for a Monster would be truly monstrous... :p Okay, bad pun.

Although I'd have to set it up in a case of some sort and use the case-top as a table, because a 1/60 Monster would be huge as we've seen of the old prototype pics before it got canned.

Other than a Monster I wouldn't get any destroids. Not even the one from M0, which I thought was pretty cool.

Depending on the scale, the box for the two would be huge. But this is indeed a nice strategy for sales and marketing purposes.

thats what i'm saying!

say you bought a destroid 2 pack, you get home, bust them out and put them on your shelf but you can't help but to think, "whats missing? the other 2 destroids thats whats missing!"

by making someone purchase 2, it kind of forces the buyer into becoming a completists...."i have to get the other 2 cause my display looks all wrong! these 2 are cool but i wish i had the other 2 so i can have them all.", etc.

they could even go a step further and offer 1 destroid and 1 regult in a 2 pack. this would ensure sales of both the enemy mecha as well as the destroids. granted theres only 3 regult varients and 4 destroids but what better way to introduce the TV rau. :D

theres lots of ways to work this to their advantage, i just hope they take off their blinders and see the big picture....

thats what i'm saying!

say you bought a destroid 2 pack, you get home, bust them out and put them on your shelf but you can't help but to think, "whats missing? the other 2 destroids thats whats missing!"

by making someone purchase 2, it kind of forces the buyer into becoming a completists...."i have to get the other 2 cause my display looks all wrong! these 2 are cool but i wish i had the other 2 so i can have them all.", etc.

they could even go a step further and offer 1 destroid and 1 regult in a 2 pack. this would ensure sales of both the enemy mecha as well as the destroids. granted theres only 3 regult varients and 4 destroids but what better way to introduce the TV rau. :D

theres lots of ways to work this to their advantage, i just hope they take off their blinders and see the big picture....

Yup! I mean just the thought of having a two set just send chills through my body. For the most part, the concept of giftsets and two-packed items seems to have a higher appeal than one. Kind of like an eye catcher.

Edited by Agent-GHQ

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...