Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

Didn't someone post a side by side of that Mechabatman next to the Iron Man armor it looks to be ripped from? I thought I saw it here but can't find it now.

Here is a pic of a custom someone did using a HT IM MKII body:

post-2996-0-69757900-1345247966_thumb.jpg

The mechabats looks more complex than just a head swap. Too much remolding on the armor to be a rip-off. Articulated hands look more slim. There is no engineering on the Hot Toys Iron-Man to begin with other than the light piping. The rest is really just a very big and hollow action figure with limited mobility but with a great head sculp and paint job. Mechabats looks limited to posing but not as much as the Iron-men by HT.

• 2 weeks later...

Hot Toys Collector on today's Collection Intervention show.

They did TF's the last time, and it got some collectors all riled up. Didn't watch it myself, but shows like these tend to dramatize the extent of the collector's addiction and generalize about collectors as a whole.

@ Kicker: Love the bat-pod and tron bike, BTW. Would have bought one myself, except I'm not a fan of Tron.

BTW, I just pre-ordered TDKR Catwoman--about 8 USD cheaper than Bane. The goggles are supposedly removable, but the LED lights are understandably non-functional. The only extras are a handgun and extra hands for riding the Bat-pod.

The rooted hair looks nice.

I also noticed that she can actually crouch, thanks to the more flexible fabric of her suit. Battle Suit version Jill couldn't possibly do that...at least, I'm too afraid to try posing her that way for fear of ripping or stretching the suit.

Edited by GU-11

Watching it now. Wife is watching it and had some ideas. I told her I better not see that lady in my drive way anytime soon. But I do have to get rid of some of my figures and narrow it back down to some hot toys stuff, bishoujo and macross only.

I need to sell the vmf50 dolls still in sealed boxes and all the other clothings and wigs and accessories but we'll see.

Wife said there is a reason why isn't allowing any of the toys in the living room because she is afraid I might end like that.

Btw Akira bike is also on stand by. Lol

Might part the pg gundams but I dunno.

I just called the local hobby store this morning to pre-order it. Haven't watched TDKR yet so I don't know what accessories and gizmos she has, but the HT fig is pretty no-frills--handgun, extra hands for the bat-pod, and that's it. Her suit's flexible enough to enable her to crouch, so that's a definite plus. And her hair's rooted, too, instead of sculpted.

Work in progress? What did you do with it?

It's a combination of parts from the medicom batman and dx02. I have to get the head widened and painted still

I can easly undertsand a VF squadron, but why a "Batman Squadron"??

:D

P.S.: Because he is Batman?

Yes... Because he is. Lol

Gordon on the way! Just got my notice this morning. Woot woot

Gordon on the way! Just got my notice this morning. Woot woot

Is there a day you DON'T get something in? lol. I'm gonna send that Elise chick to Chicago. But your stuff is so neatly arranged. That guy's house was trashed with toys.

i don't get stuff everyday...lol....the guy from last night's show with all those posters, if pay close attention to his interview outside his house you can clearly see usps plastic trays piled up. I don't have that, although the lady at the post office knows me already, actually all three of them.

That lady is "not welcome in my house" lol (doing the Jamaican voice from Bad Boys 2)

I'm glad I got those display cases.. jesus I remember how cluttered my room was when I lived at home in the attic.

DSC_0119.jpg

Conressed air? I hope they have some good stuff at sdcc.

I'm working on a granas IKEA table that you can modify to make into a case by just lowering the bottom shelf and then get acrylic panels and a metal sheet for the bottom.

Anyone know where I can get metal sheets from? I still have to spray paint the table black.

Here is a picture of it done

displayn.jpg

Lowered the table rack and MDF board on it. Will start painting it this weekend, hopefully I can order the acrylic panels next week. Going to go pick up a dioder set from Ikea on Sunday. Wish me luck.