Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

Nice, Kicker! Did you get that Batman mask (the one the fig on the back left is holding) as an exclusive bonus from the Singapore convention exclusive?

BTW, I just received my Tumbler. As awed as I am by the sheer size and detail of it, that damn roof hatch is driving me crazy! How the hell do you properly close it?! No matter how I massage and angle it, the damn thing won't close without a seam! Some pics and instructions would be a great help.

Also, I'm placing this in my man cave, which happens to be air-conditioned. I'm worried about the tires drying out. Should I apply any lubricant on it just to be safe?

I got that empty cowl of eBay. Where is the senam at? There are spots on each side of the op that attaches to certain spots on the tumbler. My tires are ok and its in an air conditioned room. I guess it depends where your located. I've never heard of putting lubricant on them. Does it help or prevent damage? Just finished my third coat on the display table.

I'm not sure how to explain this without pictures, and my damn camera's not with me right now.

You know the photos on the instructions that tell you how to correctly close the roof? The two pictures with a tick above and one with an x below? If I try to do it as shown in the instructions (placing the roof over the flaps), I can never get the roof to sit flush, and it leaves a big seam under the windscreen.

Well, most of the pics I've googled show the tumbler using the so-called incorrect way: slipping the front end of the roof panel under to two flaps. The so-called incorrect way seems to close up the roof panel much better than the correct way. Or did HT make a mistake with instructions?

About the lubricant, I use Holts rubber lubricant for the rubber tires on my Masterpiece Transformers. It's used to lubricate car dashboards and the rubber linings that seal car doors, to prevent them from dry-rot. It should prevent toy tires from drying out as well. Others use Armor-all, but I can't seem to find this brand in my hardware stores.

IMG_3338.jpg

The pics shows it done in the so-called "incorrect way," with the windscreen tucked under the two flaps on the sides. The supposed correct way, placing the windscreen OVER the flaps, just doesn't work, leaving a huge gap.

Edited by GU-11

Thanks for the confirmation, Kicker.

I think HT messed up big time with their instructions. They actually said that was the wrong way.

Dry rot happens to rubber when it dries out and basically degrades and crumbles. It's one of the most common causes of split tires in toys ranging from G1 TF's to M.A.S.K. toys. It takes at least years if not decades to actually affect rubber, and the lifespan of your tires and be easily lengthened by avoiding extreme heat and sunlight. Some rubber lubricant doesn't hurt either, although it might alter the matte finish on the Tumbler's tires, making them somewhat shinier.

BTW, as cool as those LED lights are, they're so damn bright I can't even look at them directly, which kind of defeats the purpose of having functional headlights.

Edited by GU-11

Well, that depends on how the pros and cons of either material affect you. Both are basically polar opposites. Glass is more scratch-resistant, but obscenely heavy. Acrylics scratches easier, but is much lighter. If that display actually doubles as a coffee table, I suggest you for glass at least for the top, as it's tougher against scratches and damage. You can always use acrylic for the sides to lessen the weight.

As for the tires, I'm probably going to leave the ones on my Tumbler alone for now too. Ain't a fan of shiny tires, myself.

Edited by GU-11

Never thought I'd be getting this, but after listening to the soundtrack and watching a few reviews I ended up stopping by my local vendor.

Their website showed that they were sold out, but I thought I'd give it a shot anyway. Turns out that they had one more in stock (brand new too) :o

The lighting on this thing......AWESOME even in daylight B))

Hot_Toys_184.jpgHot_Toys_183.jpgHot_Toys_185.jpg

Hot_Toys_186.jpgHot_Toys_187.jpg

A little friendly competition . . . . . .

Hot_Toys_188.jpgHot_Toys_189.jpgANIME_015.jpgHot_Toys_190.jpgHot_Toys_193.jpg

Night Shoot . . . . . .

Hot_Toys_195.jpgHot_Toys_191.jpgHot_Toys_196.jpgHot_Toys_197.jpgHot_Toys_192.jpgHot_Toys_194.jpg

Edited by VF1A-FAN

Love those light-up dashboards on those bikes!

Personally, I'm a bigger fan of the Kaneda bike. Sports bikes always look better in red. B))

Agreed. :D

VF1A-Fan, you should post more of your 1/6 collection, it looks like you have some other cool pieces in the background.

-b.

Medical glycerin Is supposed to restore/protect rubber also. Never tried it but have read alot about it.

Is it available at pharmacies?

Since its a coffee table might as well put something on it for now.

DSC_0018-3.jpg

Wait, your wife finally consented to letting you display your stuff in the living room? So how many Gucci handbags did that cost you? :p

BTW, is that a book on dedicated solely to the Nolan batmobile? Where did you buy that? I want one of those.

Edited by GU-11

Wife said yes as long as it looked ok. Wife is not a Gucci person. Wife is a pretty down to earth person.

That is a book dedicated to the bat mobiles.

Just the bat pod and tumbler. Figures not allowed.

You're a lucky man, Kicker. Wives like that are not easy to come by.

Where did you buy the book, anyway?

And yeah, I was wondering where that Batman figure went. :lol:

BTW, after installing the glass panels, how will you be able to access the tumbler and the batpod? From the top?

There are differences between the tumbler version 1 and version 2

I thought the relaunch was just that; a relaunch. What are the differences? If there were any, I certainly didn't notice them.

Wait, did you mean the actual movie prop, or the HT 1/6 replica?

Edited by GU-11

The hot toys release. Version one has the side panels already attached. 2nd version has them shipped separately

Not attached to the tumbler.

I see. I guess it was to protect them during shipping.

Question about the windshield wipers. Are they articulated? They were pretty tight when I tried to move them, and I didn't dare to use any force on them. Was hoping to display them upward, like in the movies.

Gu-11, yes you should be able to get it in a pharmacy or even a craft/hobby store because of it being used to make soap.

Thanks for the info, shdwfx2000. So I just rub some onto the tires, like lotion?

Ok, I was rereading somethings. Glycerine is a good restorative for rubber but not protectant. So any old tires should recover some pliability and color. If you were to use it, it is VERY viscous AND attracts dust. If you use it use it sparingly and rub it in just like a lotion. A little goes a long way. But again, it is more for restoration then protection. Sorry about that.

Edited by shdwfx2000

No worries, shdw!

I guess I'll just stick to Holt's rubber lubricant. Keeping the Tumbler in an air-conditioned environment, I wanted something to fight against the dryness. I thought of just leaving the plastic sheets on the tires, but I heard that it might fuse with the rubber tires after a few years. I guess the only way now is to apply some lubricant on it every few months.

No worries, shdw!

I guess I'll just stick to Holt's rubber lubricant. Keeping the Tumbler in an air-conditioned environment, I wanted something to fight against the dryness. I thought of just leaving the plastic sheets on the tires, but I heard that it might fuse with the rubber tires after a few years. I guess the only way now is to apply some lubricant on it every few months.

Yeah, definitely avoid glycerine in terms of contact with rubber. As shdw stated, it's rediculously viscous, and thanks to the prominence of -OH bonds in its structure, it can actually end up bonding to and damaging the surface of the rubber tires over time, due to rubber's core make up of hydrocarbon polymers.

I'd actually suggest, based on what I've gotten from organic chemistry, some type of UV resistant coating. UV light can actually cause cracking in rubber over time, although that might be more common sense than anything else :p

Hope that helps a bit. Don't mind me if that didn't make any sense :D

Edited by Archer