Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

Okay, I did a bit of googling and lurking at the sideshowscollectors site, and someone said it's more a case of a split shipment, where certain places will be getting their stock early, while a second shipment will be coming in in December. HT gave no reasons for the split shipment.

I guess HT just wanted to take things slow, so as to avoid QC problems due to rushing at the factories.

I'm not sure if Resident Evil and Metal Gear counts. It's almost as if there's not enough detail for them to bother with standard anime. The version they did of Appleseed was the CG with hyper-detail. I'd look towards Medicom for anime figures though. They did really well with their Akira and Evangelion stuff.

Oh wait, they did Astroboy!

I wish Hot Toys would do more anime characters. They did the Appleseed figures but I think that's it.

Considering the "moe" nature of recent anime releases, Max Factory's Figma line is more appropriate for the figs. I doubt Puella Magica figs would work well in super-detailed 1/6 form.

That said, I'd kill for HT to release GitS figures from the Mamoru Oshii film.

A pity that Medicom and Bandai stopped after releasing the Akira Kaneda and his bike. A Motoko Kusanagi fig would make a great second project for them.

Nice Ada fig, but I'm worried aboutthe durability of the rubber skin over the knees and elbows. In any case, not interested since I missed out on RE 4 Leon when it was released.

eh, if limbs are done the same way as the torso on true type bodies (i.e. a relatively thin rubber sleeve over a filled out internal structure) I think it'll be fine; just don't leave the arms fully bent all the time. Personally, I'm just not going to worry about it because I want it; It's just too awesome looking.

eh, if limbs are done the same way as the torso on true type bodies (i.e. a relatively thin rubber sleeve over a filled out internal structure) I think it'll be fine; just don't leave the arms fully bent all the time. Personally, I'm just not going to worry about it because I want it; It's just too awesome looking.

Do you already have an HT Leon fig, or do you plan to get the inevitable RE 6 Leon. 'Cuz, you know, Ada just isn't complete without her boy toy. :p

Depending on when HT plans to release the RE 6 figures (because I might either have some cash to spare or be tied up with some other pre-ordered item), I'll just get that version of Leon and Ada.

Considering the "moe" nature of recent anime releases, Max Factory's Figma line is more appropriate for the figs. I doubt Puella Magica figs would work well in super-detailed 1/6 form.

That said, I'd kill for HT to release GitS figures from the Mamoru Oshii film.

A pity that Medicom and Bandai stopped after releasing the Akira Kaneda and his bike. A Motoko Kusanagi fig would make a great second project for them.

I'd love to see the manga version of Deunan and Briarios and also Motoko in the figma line, but more preferably Playarts line.

I think some company made a Motoko figure. Maybe it was Hot Toys. I can't remember but it wasn't that good. At least not enough for me to purchase. And definitely not better than my two Motoko statues.

I think some company made a Motoko figure. Maybe it was Hot Toys. I can't remember but it wasn't that good. At least not enough for me to purchase. And definitely not better than my two Motoko statues.

Features are totally lacking but the sculpt was good. Needs more ass though. :(

Do you already have an HT Leon fig, or do you plan to get the inevitable RE 6 Leon. 'Cuz, you know, Ada just isn't complete without her boy toy. :p

Depending on when HT plans to release the RE 6 figures (because I might either have some cash to spare or be tied up with some other pre-ordered item), I'll just get that version of Leon and Ada.

Waiting for an RE6 leon. From the photo's I've seen I don't think the RE4 leon's head sculpt looks all that good, and I don't have a preference between his RE4 vs RE6 outfits. but I vastly prefer Ada's RE4 dress to her RE6 outfit so there you go.

:edit:

and on the subject of RE6 figures, the one I really want is a Sherry Birkin (would it be too much to ask to get her DLC costume with that :wub: ).

Edited by anime52k8

I'd love to see the manga version of Deunan and Briarios and also Motoko in the figma line, but more preferably Playarts line.

Figma, yes; most definitely. They're the perfect size for anime characters and the details and accessories are VERY thorough.

Playarts? Not so much. I just don't like the rubbery feel of the figures, and they can't stand up by themselves worth a damn. Ironically, there are no stands included with them, when the more posable and sturdy Figma's actually have them included.

You're right; nice sculpt, but seriously lacking in features. If it were HT, that knife would be removable from its sheath and the handgun and assault rifle would have separable magazines and a working slide (for the handgun). HT would also include various nick-knacks like a cellphone, "cyborg taiyaki and sandwiches in a box" , and of course, spare magazines.

Waiting for an RE6 leon. From the photo's I've seen I don't think the RE4 leon's head sculpt looks all that good, and I don't have a preference between his RE4 vs RE6 outfits. but I vastly prefer Ada's RE4 dress to her RE6 outfit so there you go.

:edit:

and on the subject of RE6 figures, the one I really want is a Sherry Birkin (would it be too much to ask to get her DLC costume with that :wub: ).

TBH, I also prefer RE 4's version of Ada; from her sexy red dress to the shorter hair. The reason I'm not getting her is that it would look weird having RE 6 Leon with RE 4 Ada. I bought RE5 Battle Suit Jill on a whim, and she just looks funny displayed all by her lonesome without Chris and Sheva.

Then again, I might just skip Ada altogether and pair Leon with Helena instead. Or, if funds allow and the releases are far apart enough, I'll get all three. Leon get to be a playah with two hot chicks flanking him.

As for Sherry, the sailor uniform seriously reminds me of Baby Doll from Sucker Punch. Which reminds me; yet another figure I regret not buying.

This is the figure. I didn't like it too much. I don't think any Motoko figure will ever top the Vice/Alter Motoko statue.

As for Sherry, the sailor uniform seriously reminds me of Baby Doll from Sucker Punch. Which reminds me; yet another figure I regret not buying.

I still haven't seen a really good Baby Doll statue/figure that gets all the energy of the character. They are all too static for me.

I still haven't seen a really good Baby Doll statue/figure that gets all the energy of the character. They are all too static for me.

True. Though the HT fig's head sculpt looks fantastic. If only they'd give an alternate head with more expression, giving her a more dynamic pose would solve the problem.

Figma, yes; most definitely. They're the perfect size for anime characters and the details and accessories are VERY thorough.

Playarts? Not so much. I just don't like the rubbery feel of the figures, and they can't stand up by themselves worth a damn. Ironically, there are no stands included with them, when the more posable and sturdy Figma's actually have them included.

I wasn't aware that playarts was rubbery. I've only seen them in boxes. I was jut thinking that I prefer the height of the figures more. Though Figma's sculpt would be preferable. 1/6 would be awesome but then it would have to have so much more detail even compared to the Beagle.

I wasn't aware that playarts was rubbery. I've only seen them in boxes. I was jut thinking that I prefer the height of the figures more. Though Figma's sculpt would be preferable. 1/6 would be awesome but then it would have to have so much more detail even compared to the Beagle.

There are certain parts that are plastic, depending on the figure, but there's a lot of rubbery parts in any Playarts figure. A lot of the rubber is also in unsuitable places, too. FF XIII-2 Lightning's lower legs are composed entirely of rubber, and the one I got had a bent left leg. This wouldn't have happened if they had used plastic instead. I don't know that the designers were thinking, but using rubber to make the legs, especially if the figure doesn't have a fricking stand, is just idiotic.

I also don't like the joint system they used for the shoulders and knees. They look very fake, and just take away the illusion of the figures lookng lifelike. Despite them releasing many of my favorite video game characters (Mr. 47, Raiden and Liquidus) I've decided to stay away from Playarts and take my chances with the possibility of HT making them someday,

Playarts is definitely the perfect size, but not the right company.

this one looks pretty good, it's also a $350 1/4 scale statue...

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=300127&ref=home_featureA

Will admit, the DX12 Dark Knight is a total disappointment by Hot Toys.

Almost 300$ for endless inaccuracies on the suit, a figure that cannot sit as the hips are restricted, skew bat emblem on the chest, the cheap out on the EMP gun, horrible proportions, incorrect matt toning, armour plates not glued on straight, armour plates already peeling, magnet attachment from head to neck, and gerbil eyes.

Pleased I cancelled my order as all the reviews popped out. As it's their third attempt at this particular Batman, and at that price, there's no excuse.

Will admit, the DX12 Dark Knight is a total disappointment by Hot Toys.

Almost 300$ for endless inaccuracies on the suit, a figure that cannot sit as the hips are restricted, skew bat emblem on the chest, the cheap out on the EMP gun, horrible proportions, incorrect matt toning, armour plates not glued on straight, armour plates already peeling, magnet attachment from head to neck, and gerbil eyes.

Pleased I cancelled my order as all the reviews popped out. As it's their third attempt at this particular Batman, and at that price, there's no excuse.

I'm glad the owner of my local hobby store had the foresight to forgo this early shipment and opt for the December shipment. The QC issues would have been weeded out by then, although some of the design issues might remain.

Well, for me it's either DX12 or no Batman at all. At least, not without paying a premium on Evil Bay aftermarket.

I'm glad the owner of my local hobby store had the foresight to forgo this early shipment and opt for the December shipment. The QC issues would have been weeded out by then, although some of the design issues might remain.

Well, for me it's either DX12 or no Batman at all. At least, not without paying a premium on Evil Bay aftermarket.

Unfortunately the skew emblem, restricted hips, missed proportions are sculpted defects that will remain.

I hear you, I've waited years for a definitive Batman, but not going to sell a kidney for something that went backgrounds in quality.

Unfortunately the skew emblem, restricted hips, missed proportions are sculpted defects that will remain.

I hear you, I've waited years for a definitive Batman, but not going to sell a kidney for something that went backgrounds in quality.

I'd have to forfeit my deposit of 200 local dollars (approx. 60+ USD) if I cancel my pre-order.

As for the restricted hips, I guess I'll have to put him on the Bat-pod instead of the Tumbler, or just have him standing on his base. Better that way, actually, as you can't even see Batman inside the car anyways.

BTW, when you said it had a skewed emblem, did you mean it was off-center or just not 100% accurate to the shape of the one on the actual suit?

I'd have to forfeit my deposit of 200 local dollars (approx. 60+ USD) if I cancel my pre-order.

As for the restricted hips, I guess I'll have to put him on the Bat-pod instead of the Tumbler, or just have him standing on his base. Better that way, actually, as you can't even see Batman inside the car anyways.

BTW, when you said it had a skewed emblem, did you mean it was off-center or just not 100% accurate to the shape of the one on the actual suit?

That sucks. Yeah, Amiami gave me grief for cancelling the order, then let it slip as others also cancelled it.

The right wing is slightly short and it's bottom edge is not aligned to the chest carbon plate. Once noticed, it stands out.

Also the biggest F-up is that the elbow pads are not stuck to the suit as per the original suit, but molded as one piece with the guanlets, so whenever the arm is bent, the elbow pad horrifyingly sticks out.

To honest as statue piece it's the best Dark Knight Batman to date, but it's not the definitive perfect version Hot Toys boasted about.

Where is this review of the new Batman? I thought Hot Toys rarely made big mistakes.

Just go read the war on Sideshowfreaks forums. Not really, Hot Toys has had it's shares of F-ups, not as many as with this Batman, but unfortunately they're best in the 1/6 scale.

Edited by Omegablue

That sucks. Yeah, Amiami gave me grief for cancelling the order, then let it slip as others also cancelled it.

Amiami seems to be really strict about canceling orders.

I've stopped buying from them, as their return policy is totally one-sided...in fact, they don't even HAVE a return policy, as anything that leaves the warehouse can't be refunded or even replaced, even if it's a manufacturing defect!

The right wing is slightly short and it's bottom edge is not aligned to the chest carbon plate. Once noticed, it stands out.

Also the biggest F-up is that the elbow pads are not stuck to the suit as per the original suit, but molded as one piece with the guanlets, so whenever the arm is bent, the elbow pad horrifyingly sticks out.

To honest as statue piece it's the best Dark Knight Batman to date, but it's not the definitive perfect version Hot Toys boasted about.

Damn, that's horrible. Maybe I shouldn't have asked; the first thing I'll be staring at now when I get DX12 will be the emblem... :unsure: How on earth could HT eff up such simple thing as the batman emblem? The damn thing's molded on, isn't it?

Yeah, the elbow pads look ridiculous when you bend the arms. Gluing them doesn't seem to be an option as there's no telling how the glue or CA will react to the rubber. Also you might risk causing creases on the faux leather/rubber if you bend it too much.

This is a ridiculous design flaw for a DX FIG!

Amiami seems to be really strict about canceling orders.

Yeah, agreed, all I have are two more orders with them, and I'm probably done buying from their site.

Damn, that's horrible. Maybe I shouldn't have asked; the first thing I'll be staring at now when I get DX12 will be the emblem... :unsure: How on earth could HT eff up such simple thing as the batman emblem? The damn thing's molded on, isn't it?

Yeah, the elbow pads look ridiculous when you bend the arms. Gluing them doesn't seem to be an option as there's no telling how the glue or CA will react to the rubber. Also you might risk causing creases on the faux leather/rubber if you bend it too much.

This is a ridiculous design flaw for a DX FIG!

Totally, it's why I'm furious. Nope, the emblem is sculpted on which is even more shocking. If it wasn't for the emblem and the elbow pads I would have kept my order.

Real on the left, Hot Toys on the Right.

For almost $300, the below is not acceptable, especially at their third attempt. And don't even get me started with the giant squirrel eyes, the tiny head, and the flat armour and out of shape shoulders.

cowlg.jpg

DX02 on the left, DX12 on the right. They went backwards!

564400_397670006972655_1892519072_n.jpg

You can also see how on the bottom right wing edge, it's not aligned to the chest carbon's seam, and the top sways down from the left wing.

Also the upper arm straps and the chest plates have been shipping uneven, and they're glued to the fabric!

gallery_884_575_323991.jpg

Edited by Omegablue

Good thing I was never really fond of the new Batman suit. It was too realistic for me. I say bring on a more comic inspired suit with the reboot.

The glued pieces to fabric seems like a good idea in theory. Many of the rubber suit Hot Toys figures I wanted to get had pose problems because of the tight rubber suit. Appleseed Deunan and Keaton Batman for example.

Good thing I was never really fond of the new Batman suit. It was too realistic for me. I say bring on a more comic inspired suit with the reboot.

Agreed... but with Nolan serving as producer, I don't thing we're gonna be in luck.