Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

Real on the left, Hot Toys on the Right.

For almost $300, the below is not acceptable, especially at their third attempt. And don't even get me started with the giant squirrel eyes, the tiny head, and the flat armour and out of shape shoulders.

DX02 on the left, DX12 on the right. They went backwards!

564400_397670006972655_1892519072_n.jpg

You can also see how on the bottom right wing edge, it's not aligned to the chest carbon's seam, and the top sways down from the left wing.

Also the upper arm straps and the chest plates have been shipping uneven, and they're glued to the fabric!

gallery_884_575_323991.jpg

Honestly, they could have solved the elbow pad problem by simply making it a separate piece. I didn't quite notice the eyes, though.

As for the emblem, yeah, it's ridiculous that that something molded on could be asymmetrical. Speaking of which, it looks to me that the DX02 also has the emblem problem. The seam-line on the "pecs" and the emblem don't perfectly align either.

I say bring on a more comic inspired suit with the reboot.

The glued pieces to fabric seems like a good idea in theory. Many of the rubber suit Hot Toys figures I wanted to get had pose problems because of the tight rubber suit. Appleseed Deunan and Keaton Batman for example.

If by comic-inspired, you mean gray and dark blue tights, I doubt they'll be returning to that look any time soon. Burton's batsuit design started the more realistic look and was hugely popular, as is Nolan's super-realistic look; IMO, movie producers won't be willing to try anything different.

That is, unless the script and setting are excellent and the story gives a good explanation why Batman would opt for a purely aesthetic costume instead of light-weight armor. I mean, he IS one man against many armed criminals who wouldn't think twice to gun him down. The powered suit design from Batman Beyond might be a nice idea, though.

As for DX12's glued rubber pieces on fabric, it's actually to prevent the rubber from making contact with the body underneath. The previous Batman figure's full-rubber suit reacted chemically with the figure's plastic(?), and resulted in the infamous "oily ooze." Same thing happened with The Comedian's (of The Watchmen) rubber vest.

Good thing I was never really fond of the new Batman suit. It was too realistic for me. I say bring on a more comic inspired suit with the reboot.

I'm a fan of this suit, it's logical and functional than tights.

Well then you're in luck as Sideshow is releasing the classic grey and blue suited Batman.

The glued pieces to fabric seems like a good idea in theory. Many of the rubber suit Hot Toys figures I wanted to get had pose problems because of the tight rubber suit. Appleseed Deunan and Keaton Batman for example.

Agreed, but they rushed it and none of is glued on straight on a $300 figure.

Agreed... but with Nolan serving as producer, I don't thing we're gonna be in luck.

Thankfully the suit well remain realistic and black. A guy fighting crime at night in a bright grey suit makes zero sense.

I didn't quite notice the eyes, though.

Look carefully at the size, and how the jaw is unrealistically short compared to the real image, not to mention the small head on a short fat neck.

If by comic-inspired, you mean gray and dark blue tights, I doubt they'll be returning to that look any time soon. Burton's batsuit design started the more realistic look and was hugely popular, as is Nolan's super-realistic look; IMO, movie producers won't be willing to try anything different.

With Jim Lee out of the way, hopefully the grey suit will never appear on a film.

As for DX12's glued rubber pieces on fabric, it's actually to prevent the rubber from making contact with the body underneath. The previous Batman figure's full-rubber suit reacted chemically with the figure's plastic(?), and resulted in the infamous "oily ooze." Same thing happened with The Comedian's (of The Watchmen) rubber vest.

I fully supported this idea, but it's execution is terrible. Yes, the rubber has to be glued, but notice how the straps on the right arm are glued on lower than the left arm. That's my issue.

Edited by Omegablue

Look carefully at the size, and how the jaw is unrealistically short compared to the real image, not to mention the small head on a short fat neck.

Yeah, it does look pretty different from the actual Batman.

I suppose that's what happens with hand-sculpted molds. They're almost never perfect.

With Jim Lee out of the way, hopefully the grey suit will never appear on a film.

Not a fan of the grey suit either.

I fully supported this idea, but it's execution is terrible. Yes, the rubber has to be glued, but noticed how the straps on the right arm are glued on lower than the left arm. That's my issue.

Wow, that's pretty sh!tty QC, especially for a DX figure. I just wonder what's up with the downward spiral of QC in so many companies these days.

Wow, that's pretty sh!tty QC, especially for a DX figure. I just wonder what's up with the downward spiral of QC in so many companies these days.

Me and you both. Between this year and last, of the die cast cars, figures and other collectables I buy, I either returned or sold half of them due to QC issues.

There was a time when certain brands were safe, not anymore with the exception of Alter, the only ones I've yet to have an issue with and their final product looks like the prototype.

I'm so fearing now for the DX11 Joker. If I cancel that Amiami has threatened to blacklist me, oh well, lol. I can already imagine a repeat of the paint issues the previous releases had... :angry:

Regardless, sincerely hope your Batman will arrive with no QC issues.

Edited by Omegablue

That is, unless the script and setting are excellent and the story gives a good explanation why Batman would opt for a purely aesthetic costume instead of light-weight armor. I mean, he IS one man against many armed criminals who wouldn't think twice to gun him down. The powered suit design from Batman Beyond might be a nice idea, though.

I like the first Keaton Batman suit. I still like Batman 89 more than the new Nolan movies. They are good but they always had small things that bugged me. Which is too much to get into here. But I think the realistic suit can and should be more iconic. They could use dark gray armor. I don't want Batman to wear tights. The movies won't be like the comics. Also, even the Keaton Batman suit had the yellow Bat symbol. It doesn't even have to be yellow it could be dark yellow. Or compromise and have one or the other. Dark yellow Bat symbol or dark gray armor. I remember not liking the X-Men costumes in the first movie but really liking them in X2. I don't know if it was the cinematography in X2 but I noticed that the characters all had their comic colors in their black leather costumes. That was cool to me.

I love Terry's suit in Batman Beyond. But it's probably too futuristic for a new Batman movie.

You would think Hot Toys would test these figures or know about the types of rubber they are using. The whole oil thing is crazy. I read some older figures have peeling/degrading rubber too.

I'm a fan this suit, it's logical and functional that tights.

Well then you're in luck as Sideshow is releasing the classic grey and blue suited Batman.

Thankfully the suit well remain realistic and black. A guy fighting crime at night in a bright grey suit makes zero sense.

I wasn't crazy about Sideshow's Batman or Superman for that matter. Right now, I'm waiting to see if Hot Toys will release a version 2 of the Keaton Batman for the Batmobile. I still don't see how that figure can stay in the Batmobile for long periods of time. Certainly not with the cape either. I'm going to get the Reeve Superman for the holidays.

Me and you both. Between this year and last, of the die cast cars, figures and other collectables I buy, I either returned or sold half of them due to QC issues.

There was a time when certain brands were safe, not anymore with the exception of Alter, the only ones I've yet to have an issue with and their final product looks like the prototype.

I've stopped buying Playarts figs due to their decreasing QC. Their overuse of rubber on limbs only encourages bent arms and deformed parts.

Alter stuff is rather pricy, but I guess with quality comes cost.

I'm so fearing now for the DX11 Joker. If I cancel that Amiami has threatened to blacklist me, oh well, lol. I can already imagine a repeat of the paint issues the previous releases had... :angry:

Regardless, sincerely hope your Batman will arrive with no QC issues.

Thanks, and I hope your DX11 turns out to be free of QC problems too.

I like the first Keaton Batman suit. I still like Batman 89 more than the new Nolan movies. They are good but they always had small things that bugged me. Which is too much to get into here. But I think the realistic suit can and should be more iconic. They could use dark gray armor. I don't want Batman to wear tights. The movies won't be like the comics. Also, even the Keaton Batman suit had the yellow Bat symbol. It doesn't even have to be yellow it could be dark yellow. Or compromise and have one or the other. Dark yellow Bat symbol or dark gray armor. I remember not liking the X-Men costumes in the first movie but really liking them in X2. I don't know if it was the cinematography in X2 but I noticed that the characters all had their comic colors in their black leather costumes. That was cool to me.

Yeah, I also find Burton's movie more rewatchable than Nolan's Batman movies, probably due to its more fantastical atmosphere.

As for the suit, I'm of the opinion that if you're going for realism, the yellow emblem has to go. It defeats the purpose of a completely black suit, with a bright yellow symbol on your chest. Then again, the shiny bronze belt kind of does that already. In any case, I recall that the original Batman simply had a black emblem on his suit, much like the Nolan version. The bright yellow badge was Burton's original idea.

Yeah, they could have worked a bright-colored symbol if they wanted to. Maybe make it light up in flames on his chest (fire contained in a glass emblem?), for theatrical purposes to scare his enemies or something.

I love Terry's suit in Batman Beyond. But it's probably too futuristic for a new Batman movie.

Well, they could make it work by making the technology closer to what we have, instead of super advanced.

You would think Hot Toys would test these figures or know about the types of rubber they are using. The whole oil thing is crazy. I read some older figures have peeling/degrading rubber too.

Yeah, it's surprising just how careless they can get, especially when producing such high-end figures and asking for for much money for them.

I wasn't crazy about Sideshow's Batman or Superman for that matter. Right now, I'm waiting to see if Hot Toys will release a version 2 of the Keaton Batman for the Batmobile. I still don't see how that figure can stay in the Batmobile for long periods of time. Certainly not with the cape either. I'm going to get the Reeve Superman for the holidays.

Can the Keaton Batman even sit in the Batmobile? The full-rubber suit looks kinda rigid and prone to creasing if you ask me.

Yeah, I also find Burton's movie more rewatchable than Nolan's Batman movies, probably due to its more fantastical atmosphere.

I can rewatch the first Burton film, but the second one is too cheesey. Though I will not mention the amount of times I've rewatched TDK, and TDKR will catch up when the blu-ray is out. LOL

As for the suit, I'm of the opinion that if you're going for realism, the yellow emblem has to go. It defeats the purpose of a completely black suit, with a bright yellow symbol on your chest. Then again, the shiny bronze belt kind of does that already. In any case, I recall that the original Batman simply had a black emblem on his suit, much like the Nolan version. The bright yellow badge was Burton's original idea.

I think the bright yellow badge was from the 70's comics.

But, I'm for the all black suit, or as in TDK, it's actually a very dark grey, another miss of Hot Toys. :angry:

I can rewatch the first Burton film, but the second one is too cheesey. Though I will not mention the amount of times I've rewatched TDK, and TDKR will catch up when the blu-ray is out. LOL

There must be something wrong with my taste in movies, as I tend to "go against the grain" when it comes to Nolan's Batman movies. I've watched Batman Begins countless times, and still have the DVD in my player. I like TDK too, but not quite as much as Batman Begins. The first movie IMO has a more focused story (my personal opinion), better action, not to mention more screen-time involving the Tumbler. :p I also prefer Katie Holmes as Rachel a lot more than her replacement in TDK.

Can't comment on TDKR yet, as I've yet to watch it. Waiting impatiently for the DVD/Bluray to come out this December.

And yeah, Batman Returns is too campy for my tastes as well. The first Burton movie was perfect.

But, I'm for the all black suit, or as in TDK, it's actually a very dark grey, another miss of Hot Toys. :angry:

Wow, I can't believe I missed all these little details on the HT fig. You guys sure are Batman connoisseurs.

I just re-watched both burton films for the first time in several years last week. I've got to say that Batman Returns is by far my favorite batman film of all time. The whole film is just over-the-top crazy, and it's got Christopher Walken. Also, Michelle Pfeiffer is the best catwoman ever.

There must be something wrong with my taste in movies, as I tend to "go against the grain" when it comes to Nolan's Batman movies. I've watched Batman Begins countless times, and still have the DVD in my player. I like TDK too, but not quite as much as Batman Begins. The first movie IMO has a more focused story (my personal opinion), better action, not to mention more screen-time involving the Tumbler. :p I also prefer Katie Holmes as Rachel a lot more than her replacement in TDK.

I agree on all counts. Katie remains the only Rachel for me. And Begins was true Gotham, which surprises me how that gritty misty feel was omitted in TDK. Where TDK has a stronger appeal, is mainly due Ledger's work.

And yeah, Batman Returns is too campy for my tastes as well. The first Burton movie was perfect.

Especially the young Kim Basinger!!! :wub:

Wow, I can't believe I missed all these little details on the HT fig. You guys sure are Batman connoisseurs.

LOL, well it's since TDK I've been waiting for the definitive Nolan Batman. And almost 9 years later no one has it right, so yeah, details are starting to stand out. :lol:

Also, Michelle Pfeiffer is the best catwoman ever.

I use to feel the same, until Anne's famous line "Don't be shy", instant hard-on material.

I agree on all counts. Katie remains the only Rachel for me. And Begins was true Gotham, which surprises me how that gritty misty feel was omitted in TDK. Where TDK has a stronger appeal, is mainly due Ledger's work.

Agreed. Ledger totally stole the show. Dent was almost a non-entity in the movie, being vastly overshadowed by Ledger's Joker. The fact that I didn't really like the new Rachel doesn't help in empathizing with Harvey's loss. Should have gotten Katie back for the role.

The first time I watched the movie at the cinema, I couldn't keep my eyes off her whenever she appeared on screen. And I was just ten-years old back then!

LOL, well it's since TDK I've been waiting for the definitive Nolan Batman. And almost 9 years later no one has it right, so yeah, details are starting to stand out. :lol:

I just googled some old pics of the Batman Begins fig HT made, as well as DX2 and DX12. I gotta say, while it's steadily gotten better, none of them are anywhere near perfect. Although with the price they're asking for them, they damn well ought to be perfect.

I use to feel the same, until Anne's famous line "Don't be shy", instant hard-on material.

Damn, I can't wait for the DVD to come out! I heard her performance was excellent in TDKR.

Damn, I can't wait for the DVD to come out! I heard her performance was excellent in TDKR.

Never a fan of Anne until this film, and her next one where she takes off her whole kit. :D

But yeah, Hot Toys also botched up her Catwoman prototype. :unsure:

Oh yeah, was reading that the Gordon figure is taller than DX12... :rolleyes:

Edited by Omegablue

Can the Keaton Batman even sit in the Batmobile? The full-rubber suit looks kinda rigid and prone to creasing if you ask me.

The Batman TV show had the yellow symbol. So did the animated show which was inspired by Batman 89. I don't know the history of the Batsuit so I'm sure there are many variations. The story in Batman Year One was that Bruce wanted to give the bad guys a target or something. I just want something iconic that says Batman. Not miltary suit turned into Batsuit.

I believe Hot Toys said the Keaton Batman would fit in the Batmobile. I saw an image of the Keaton Batman in the Tumbler. It looked like it was squeezed in.

I just re-watched both burton films for the first time in several years last week. I've got to say that Batman Returns is by far my favorite batman film of all time. The whole film is just over-the-top crazy, and it's got Christopher Walken. Also, Michelle Pfeiffer is the best catwoman ever.

Batman Returns is also why we got those two horrible sequels. I can't watch Batman Returns anymore. It's too over the top.

I agree on all counts. Katie remains the only Rachel for me.

The fact that I didn't really like the new Rachel doesn't help in empathizing with Harvey's loss. Should have gotten Katie back for the role.

The first time I watched the movie at the cinema, I couldn't keep my eyes off her whenever she appeared on screen. And I was just ten-years old back then!

I'm surprised that you guys actually liked Katie Holmes in Batman Begins. I thought that she was the worst part of the movie. I thought she was fine too in that teenage soap opera that I can't remember the name of right now. In part, her character ruined the ending of Batman Begins and helped me not really care about her fate in The Dark Knight. I thought people would have cheered if Katie Holmes played the character in The Dark Knght during that pivotal scene.

But Kim Basinger. Yeah, she was and probably still is one of the most beautiful women around. I love that Batmobile scene when they are driving to the cave.

Edited by JetJockey

Never a fan of Anne until this film, and her next one where she takes off her whole kit. :D

But yeah, Hot Toys also botched up her Catwoman prototype. :unsure:

Oh yeah, was reading that the Gordon figure is taller than DX12... :rolleyes:

I noticed that the Catwoman prototype's neck looked "patched up." Anything else I should know about it? I've also pre ordered Catwoman, as well as Bane.

As for the Gordon figure...WTF?

The Batman TV show had the yellow symbol. So did the animated show which was inspired by Batman 89. I don't know the history of the Batsuit so I'm sure there are many variations. The story in Batman Year One was that Bruce wanted to give the bad guys a target or something. I just want something iconic that says Batman. Not miltary suit turned into Batsuit.

My bad. I kept thinking of some of the comic images of Batman with just the bat symbol without the yellow. I watched Batman Year One recently, and recall something similar now that you mentioned it.

I believe Hot Toys said the Keaton Batman would fit in the Batmobile. I saw an image of the Keaton Batman in the Tumbler. It looked like it was squeezed in.

The question is, what happens to the figure after he's been placed inside the car for a long time? The rubber suit might crease or even stretch.

I'm surprised that you guys actually liked Katie Holmes in Batman Begins.

Well, I didn't like Megan Fox with her pornstarish looks and subpar acting either, but it didn't stop millions of others from crying foul when they pulled her character from DOTM. :p

Seriously, I think Katie Holmes played the role well enough, and the ending works for me. Maybe she no longer sees the Bruce Wayne she knew and loved as a kid in the man who returned to Gotham so many years later--he's been replaced by a creature of anger and vengeance called the Batman. It's bittersweet, but it works IMO.

Admittedly, I would have liked to see Rachel and Bruce together in the end.

But Kim Basinger. Yeah, she was and probably still is one of the most beautiful women around. I love that Batmobile scene when they are driving to the cave.

My favorite scene in the movie. Period.

I noticed that the Catwoman prototype's neck looked "patched up." Anything else I should know about it? I've also pre ordered Catwoman, as well as Bane.

Heads too big, zipper way too big, hands too small, and only comes with extra hands and a gun for the DX price of a year ago.

Bane is epic fail in proportions, but apparently HT is beefing up it's body before release?

As for the Gordon figure...WTF?

This is the thing with HT. They entered the 1/6 market when it was still using old technology to develop figures, and their head sculpts made them stand out to notch top licenses. But in all honesty, everything else about the final retail product of HT is nothing too wow or revolutionary for their now asking price, and the more figures they produce, the less attention to detail, like Gordon's height, is cared for.

Seriously, I think Katie Holmes played the role well enough, and the ending works for me. Maybe she no longer sees the Bruce Wayne she knew and loved as a kid in the man who returned to Gotham so many years later--he's been replaced by a creature of anger and vengeance called the Batman. It's bittersweet, but it works IMO.

Agreed, Katie is a fine actress and did justice to the Rachel part, and she was a looker in Begins.

The question is, what happens to the figure after he's been placed inside the car for a long time? The rubber suit might crease or even stretch.

Well, I didn't like Megan Fox with her pornstarish looks and subpar acting either, but it didn't stop millions of others from crying foul when they pulled her character from DOTM. :p

Admittedly, I would have liked to see Rachel and Bruce together in the end.

True, leaving Batman in the Batmobile might be asking for disaster. I read that some people are wary of leaving the Reeve Superman in the flight pose with the clip straining the costume. Stuff like this is why I favor statues. Or just getting a good figure and not even opening the box provided the box has good artwork and a viewing window.

Katie Holmes wasn't that believable as a D.A to me in Batman Begins. The other actress does a far better job in Dark Knight. Also, Bruce basically opens up to her at the end and she lets him down. Then a second later jumps to what are you going to do with the mansion. Like the previous conversation never happened. Maybe it's just bad writing. Don't forget that she also gave her arrow head "finders keepers" gift back to him on his birthday. Maybe I just didn't like the character. Besides which, Batman was always a loner. He doesn't need the whole love interest thing going on.

Now, I don't like the Transformers movies at all. But Megan Fox was the girlfriend to have. Sam (I think was his name) was in love with this girl. Part 2 even though I barely remember the movie was about how close they were. And what they went through to save each other. I think that's why people were upset about Megan Fox not being in Transformers 3. Which I haven't seen yet by the way.

Now, I don't like the Transformers movies at all. But Megan Fox was the girlfriend to have. Sam (I think was his name) was in love with this girl. Part 2 even though I barely remember the movie was about how close they were. And what they went through to save each other. I think that's why people were upset about Megan Fox not being in Transformers 3. Which I haven't seen yet by the way.

Really? All this time I thought Megan's character lost her contacts and had hearing issues that immuned her from Shai la Dork's girly screams.

Why does James Dean have all this ammo??

LOL. And almost $300 for that.

And Hot Toys just failed again...

What in the name of John Connor....

True, leaving Batman in the Batmobile might be asking for disaster. I read that some people are wary of leaving the Reeve Superman in the flight pose with the clip straining the costume. Stuff like this is why I favor statues. Or just getting a good figure and not even opening the box provided the box has good artwork and a viewing window.

Yeah, statues do have the advantage of keeping their pose without the risk of damage...although it's just the one pose.

Katie Holmes wasn't that believable as a D.A to me in Batman Begins. The other actress does a far better job in Dark Knight. Also, Bruce basically opens up to her at the end and she lets him down. Then a second later jumps to what are you going to do with the mansion. Like the previous conversation never happened. Maybe it's just bad writing. Don't forget that she also gave her arrow head "finders keepers" gift back to him on his birthday. Maybe I just didn't like the character. Besides which, Batman was always a loner. He doesn't need the whole love interest thing going on.

You've got a point, but I just like Katie as Rachel for no other reason than the fact that I just do.

As for the arrow thing, she hasn't found out Bruce was Batman yet when she gave it to him.

With Katie, I can believe she's the girl Bruce would fall for and hold a candle for her even after her rejection of him. The new Rachel has a rather platonic feel about her, and doesn't have much chemistry with either Bruce or Harvey. I'll agree that the new Rachel makes for a more convincing D.A., but IMO she pretty much fails as a love interest.

I don't have a problem with her character, just her (lack of) acting prowess. It was so glaringly bad in ROTF. There are scenes where the camera doesn't focus on her but she's captured on screen, and she just goes blank and looks totally disinterested in what's going on. It's like she's thinking, "Wrap it up already, I've got a spa appointment at six."

Really? All this time I thought Megan's character lost her contacts and had hearing issues that immuned her from Shai la Dork's girly screams.

LOL! Quoted for truth.

As for the arrow thing, she hasn't found out Bruce was Batman yet when she gave it to him.

With Katie, I can believe she's the girl Bruce would fall for and hold a candle for her even after her rejection of him. The new Rachel has a rather platonic feel about her, and doesn't have much chemistry with either Bruce or Harvey. I'll agree that the new Rachel makes for a more convincing D.A., but IMO she pretty much fails as a love interest.

I don't have a problem with her character, just her (lack of) acting prowess. It was so glaringly bad in ROTF. There are scenes where the camera doesn't focus on her but she's captured on screen, and she just goes blank and looks totally disinterested in what's going on. It's like she's thinking, "Wrap it up already, I've got a spa appointment at six."

The worst thing about the arrow give back scene was that to me she was saying that she was finished with Bruce and had more serious things to do. She did this on his birthday of all days. If you want to see a similar situation with a character played with far more compassion, you should watch Arrow on CW. Very similar but played far better by Katie Cassidy, who is awesome by the way.

With Megan Fox and Transformers, I've only seen both movies once. But she's pretty, knows cars, and rides motorcycles. That's enough for any guy :lol: Plus, in real life she seems geeky wearing Star Wars and Voltron stuff and even knowing about comics. Also, her whole pinup thing is funny too.

The worst thing about the arrow give back scene was that to me she was saying that she was finished with Bruce and had more serious things to do. She did this on his birthday of all days. If you want to see a similar situation with a character played with far more compassion, you should watch Arrow on CW. Very similar but played far better by Katie Cassidy, who is awesome by the way.

Now that you mentioned it, it does seem pretty cruel to reject your childhood friend's affections on his birthday. Or maybe she was really disappointed with his apparent millionaire playboy antics at the hotel? They didn't exactly part on the best of terms--she dropped him off at Falcone's, after slapping him for what he intended to do at the courthouse.

With Megan Fox and Transformers, I've only seen both movies once. But she's pretty, knows cars, and rides motorcycles. That's enough for any guy :lol: Plus, in real life she seems geeky wearing Star Wars and Voltron stuff and even knowing about comics. Also, her whole pinup thing is funny too.

Whoa, I didn't about that geeky side of her. Either way, it doesn't really make a difference to her horrible acting in ROTF. Strangely, she didn't look so spaced out in TF1.

She's pretty all right, but I'm not so sure on the part about the cars...or are we talking about her character in the TF movies?

Now that you mentioned it, it does seem pretty cruel to reject your childhood friend's affections on his birthday. Or maybe she was really disappointed with his apparent millionaire playboy antics at the hotel? They didn't exactly part on the best of terms--she dropped him off at Falcone's, after slapping him for what he intended to do at the courthouse.

This is kind of going off topic. But Rachel was disappointed by the hotel thing. And even though Bruce said he was different, Rachel didn't believe it because of what she was seeing. However, closing the door and ending the friendship with your childhood friend, on his birthday is horrible. Plus, after learning that he is Batman and still basically saying you're different now is again terrible. This sort of thing continues in Dark Knight. If you're watching Arrow, you'll see how the whole party disguise and inner turmoil is handled with compassion. At least so far. But Dinah will become Black Canary too I assume so she's already in a far different category compared to Rachel.

Whoa, I didn't about that geeky side of her. Either way, it doesn't really make a difference to her horrible acting in ROTF. Strangely, she didn't look so spaced out in TF1.

She's pretty all right, but I'm not so sure on the part about the cars...or are we talking about her character in the TF movies?

Yeah in the Transformers movies, I believe her character is kind of a gearhead. I barely remember them but doesn't she fix a car in the first movie?

This is kind of going off topic. But Rachel was disappointed by the hotel thing. And even though Bruce said he was different, Rachel didn't believe it because of what she was seeing. However, closing the door and ending the friendship with your childhood friend, on his birthday is horrible. Plus, after learning that he is Batman and still basically saying you're different now is again terrible. This sort of thing continues in Dark Knight. If you're watching Arrow, you'll see how the whole party disguise and inner turmoil is handled with compassion. At least so far. But Dinah will become Black Canary too I assume so she's already in a far different category compared to Rachel.

Yeah, kind of going off-topic here.

You got a good point. I guess it's not so much Katie that's the problem, but the script itself.

I haven't watched Arrow (what is it? Movie? HBO series?) but after your recommendation, I intend to.

Yeah in the Transformers movies, I believe her character is kind of a gearhead. I barely remember them but doesn't she fix a car in the first movie?

It was during the park scene, where Bumblebee, still disguised as an old Camaro, pretends to malfunction and leave Sam and Mikaela stranded in front of a setting sun. She pops the hood and fiddles around with the engine in a very unconvincing way.

But...back on topic. I just got the Bat-pod!!!! B))

Beautiful representation of the actual bike in TDK. Silver drybrushing everywhere, even on the engine block under the hood. I really like the subtle post-shading on the guns and engine cover. Love the fact that the light switch is on the underside of the engine block. With the Tumbler, it was on the left side of the car, and from a sideways angle, the painted ON/OFF near the switch it makes it look like a toy.

Can't wait to get DX12 Batman or Catwoman to ride it.

QUESTION:

You guys think I should try lubricating the tires on my Tumbler and Bat-pod with rubber lubricant? Both are being kept in an air-conditioned environment, which can be pretty drying due to the desiccants in the cool air.

Thing is, all those stories about the batsuit reacting chemically with his figure torso got me scared. I've no idea what kind of rubber HT uses for the tires, and it might not be such a good idea to get any chemicals on it.

Any advice?

Edited by GU-11

Yeah, kind of going off-topic here.

You got a good point. I guess it's not so much Katie that's the problem, but the script itself.

I haven't watched Arrow (what is it? Movie? HBO series?) but after your recommendation, I intend to.

But...back on topic. I just got the Bat-pod!!!! B))

Can't wait to get DX12 Batman or Catwoman to ride it.

QUESTION:

You guys think I should try lubricating the tires on my Tumbler and Bat-pod with rubber lubricant? Both are being kept in an air-conditioned environment, which can be pretty drying due to the desiccants in the cool air.

Thing is, all those stories about the batsuit reacting chemically with his figure torso got me scared. I've no idea what kind of rubber HT uses for the tires, and it might not be such a good idea to get any chemicals on it.

Any advice?

Arrow is a TV show on The CW. It's their version of Green Arrow. Since you like Batman you'll probably like Arrow too. I think it's great.

I'm holding off on the Bat-pod until I see the Catwoman figure. No clue on the rubber.

Arrow is a TV show on The CW. It's their version of Green Arrow. Since you like Batman you'll probably like Arrow too. I think it's great.

I'm holding off on the Bat-pod until I see the Catwoman figure. No clue on the rubber.

Sadly, "CW isn't available at your location," according to the site. I'll see if I can watch it on youtube or something.

Oh, and before you make any decisions on that Bat-pod, I should tell you that there are some QC issues with it. A few have reported misaligned front wheels and "crooked" back pedal rests. Personally, the tires on mine look nicely aligned, but the batpod doesn't sit perfectly level; it tilts a little to the left, but no more than a few degrees. Not sure it it's a defect or it it's just due to the fact that the tire is connected to the front axle on the left side. I don't know if leaving the plastic sheet on might have had something to do with it.

At first I thought the back pedal rest on mine were misaligned, but after looking at some pics, it seems that's the way it's supposed to be.

And it's so much better than the new HT.

I'm really starting to hate HT for this DX12 debacle. According to sideshowcollectors.com, the damn figure can't even sit properly on the bat-pod. The only Batman that can pull off a decent pose is the first TDK fig HT ever released.

Here's hoping Catwoman can actually look decent riding the bat-pod.

My other dark knight...

In all seriousness, I almost couldn't tell it it's an actual pic of Bale in the suit or a figure.

And it's so much better than the new HT.

I don't remember and I dont wanna remember lol. You basically had to buy a dx02 and a medicom batman, then get the head customized. I can't wait for a way to put in on the dx12 body which i think will work fine with it.

I haven't played with the batpod and dx12 combo.. been focusing on the display table.. still awaiting my LEDs

I'm really starting to hate HT for this DX12 debacle. According to sideshowcollectors.com, the damn figure can't even sit properly on the bat-pod. The only Batman that can pull off a decent pose is the first TDK fig HT ever released.

Here's hoping Catwoman can actually look decent riding the bat-pod.

In all seriousness, I almost couldn't tell it it's an actual pic of Bale in the suit or a figure.

thanks..

Yip, it's sad. Apparently the padding within the suit locks the hip area. It's like people paid $280 for an articulated doll, that isn't very articulated. Might as well buy Kotobukiya's 1/6 PVC statue of TDK.

Yip, it's sad. Apparently the padding within the suit locks the hip area. It's like people paid $280 for an articulated doll, that isn't very articulated. Might as well buy Kotobukiya's 1/6 PVC statue of TDK.

You mean there's actual padding inside the suit that hinders the legs from lifting upwards?

That's a stupid design if I ever saw one.

And yeah, maybe I should have just ordered the Kotobukiya statue instead. The HT figure might as well be a statue given its limited articulation, except the Kotobukiya statue probably looks more dramatic.