Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

^ this heard the rubber is prone to cracking.

No surprise there. The kind of rubber HT uses tends to crack from dry-rot, or react with other materials.

Batman and Comedian: rubber suit oozes an oily substance when in contact with body.

ED 209: rubber dome cracks from dry-rot.

It's a good thing the new Batman has a cloth suit then. That's what I fear about rubber suits...

Actually, the DX12 Batman suit has a fabric coating underNEATH the rubber parts. It's supposedly to prevent contact between the rubber and the figure's skin, serving as both a feature that adds realism and detailing to the figure, as well as a sort of a stopgap solution to the "oozing oil" problem.

DSC_0109.jpg

That's got to be 3rd party, right? I remember HT mentioning that they won't be releasing a "Nurse version" Joker out of "respect" for the deceased's family.

Which release is that? I have the new DX-12 on Pre-order and I cannot wait. This reminds me a lot of him, but I'm not a HT (or Medicom) expert so it could be the TDK one from either company.

Either way, it looks great and I can't wait for the TDKR version to actually release. It'll be my first Batman purchase in years.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

For f@#k's sakes, man, don't keep us guessing. :D

What version is it?

For real.

But w/e one it is it looks great.

This whole 1/6 collecting thing has become a dangerous "problem". I went from one Hot Toys figure (the new Classic Predator) and the Sideshow Boba Fett to having pre-order on Bane, DX-12 and the Camo Tumbler. I thought I was content with smaller pieces overall. But I find myself eyeballing many of larger collectibles as I get older.

For real.

But w/e one it is it looks great.

This whole 1/6 collecting thing has become a dangerous "problem". I went from one Hot Toys figure (the new Classic Predator) and the Sideshow Boba Fett to having pre-order on Bane, DX-12 and the Camo Tumbler. I thought I was content with smaller pieces overall. But I find myself eyeballing many of larger collectibles as I get older.

I hear you.

I started out with one Jill Valentine Battle Suit figure, before proceeding to add the DX-04 ETD Bruce Lee fig. I counted it a blessing in disguise when I came into the game a little too late to pre-order the first release of the Tumbler. I couldn't pass up the chance when HT re-released it this year.

And that was then things got out of control.

Started adding the Bat-pod to the list, before going for DX-12 and Bane. I've already bot my eyes set on Catwoman. I just know I'll be going for the 1986 Robocop fig and ED 209 once they start opening pre-orders.

Just counting my blessings that Yamato's still going through the M7 line, in which I have absolutely no interest. If they start remaking the DYRL Super Ostrich with non-exploding arms though, my wallet's gonna start looking flatter than the abs of a Venezuelan supermodel.

Everyone actually prefers the suede version since it more movie accurate. All of the Hot toys and Medicom capes on mine have been replaced with the movie accurate fabric.

Did not know that. You guys sure know your Batmen.

BTW, is that fig on your armchair articulated?

OK. I PROMISE MYSELF, I will never buy a 1/4 scale figure! I simply cannot afford to collect 1/4 scale and no space. I promise :)

(Jesus, that Joker looks nice...)

The MASS EFFECT 3 1/4 Scale Premium Figure - Sheppard Male version has just gone up for pre-order at Amiami.

Looks good, great even, but I don't want to collect 1/4, so is it known if HT or anyone else has the 1/6 license? :unsure: The Play Arts ME figs are too hit and miss for my tastes.. :(

How's the rubber suit holding up on Deunan and Bri? I really want that Deunan...I hope HT does a version 2.0 so I don't have to go hunting on eBay :(

Mine are all okay still, Appleseed figs and Jill.

The MASS EFFECT 3 1/4 Scale Premium Figure - Sheppard Male version has just gone up for pre-order at Amiami.

Looks good, great even, but I don't want to collect 1/4, so is it known if HT or anyone else has the 1/6 license? :unsure: The Play Arts ME figs are too hit and miss for my tastes.. :(

You do realize that premium format figures are non poseable painted polystone statues, right? Also, you can also buy it direct form Sideshow with a bonus alternate head for $60 cheaper than amiami before shipping. http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=3002221&ref=home_new

Many Batman figures I see…

You know what is better than a huge bunch of different Batman 1/6 figures and a bunch or Iron-Man 1/6 figures? Well… one that is BOTH!!!! With real metal even!!!!

post-2996-0-33983200-1344978828_thumb.jpeg post-2996-0-96213200-1344978881_thumb.jpeg

Based on Jim Lee design for the new 52 Justice League comic:

http://playimaginati...ialedition.html

Kinda like it, but kinda find it stiff looking. Movable fingers are cool. Difficulty to get means pass.

My Keaton Hot Toys Batman arrived and let me tell you I love the figure. The way you can fold the cape to get those gothic-y shoulder spikes some artists like to drawn looks awesome.

I’m going to try and get the Iron-Man Unleashed prototype boots to make my own Iron Batman

Edited by Twoducks

Many Batman figures I see…

You know what is better than a huge bunch of different Batman 1/6 figures and a bunch or Iron-Man 1/6 figures? Well… one that is BOTH!!!! With real metal even!!!!

post-2996-0-33983200-1344978828_thumb.jpeg post-2996-0-96213200-1344978881_thumb.jpeg

Based on Jim Lee design for the new 52 Justice League comic:

http://playimaginati...ialedition.html

Kinda like it, but kinda find it stiff looking. Movable fingers are cool. Difficulty to get means pass.

you can get the same figure without the cheap looking gloss finish from BBTS :http://www.bigbadtoy...020&mode=retail

only $270+shipping! :p

Edited by anime52k8