Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

I swear I wouldn't get into this toy line...

So did I. Yet here I am, with pre-order receipts for a 1/6 scale Tumbler, Bat-pod, DX-12 Batman, Bane, and waiting to jump on the Catwoman figure once pre-order opens.

And I'm already stealing hungry glances at the ED-209 prototype.

So did I. Yet here I am, with pre-order receipts for a 1/6 scale Tumbler, Bat-pod, DX-12 Batman, Bane, and waiting to jump on the Catwoman figure once pre-order opens.

And I'm already stealing hungry glances at the ED-209 prototype.

I just got back form watching The Dark Knight Rises and I still dislike the bat-pod and the bat jet; I'd never consider buying either even if I could afford it, but I sudently really want that an Anne Hathaway doll. :p

Edited by anime52k8

I just got back form watching The Dark Knight Rises and I still dislike the bat-pod and the bat jet; I'd never consider buying either even if I could afford it, but I sudently really want that an Anne Hathaway doll. :p

Ann Hathaway doll you say (in Bane voice)

DSC_0119-1.jpg

DSC_0120-1.jpg

That's Yamato version in vmf50

As for the Iron Man figures, why not wait until Hot Toys starts making the suits for the third movie? I'm not sure if the new suit will look similar to the MK. VI, but if you're not too particular, Iron Man designs don't usually vary too much. Besides, HT is always finding new excuses to milk licenses.

the mk vi was milked twice already. plenty of em on ebay at way to high of a price as in over 400 usd.

I'm not buying The Bat either; no space+lack of fig funds = no buy.

But if you're gonna buy the Catwoman "doll" (it's an action figure, you hear me?! An action figure!), you MUST get the Bat-pod to display with her. Just getting the fig alone is like eating a veggie burger--it's just not the same. In any case, the fig won't be out for a while yet. They seem to have stuck the head to a generic plastic body; you can see the seams on the shiny plastic on its neck.

Please, in the name of mercy, HT! Don't open this for pre-order until at least next year! At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I hope they do something about that dry-rotting rubber on the dome.

Ann Hathaway doll you say (in Bane voice)

That's Yamato version in vmf50

That's a thing of beauty. I want one.

A 50cm fig like that can't be cheap, though.

the mk vi was milked twice already. plenty of em on ebay at way to high of a price as in over 400 usd.

How about the MK. VII from The Avengers? Just opened for pre-order recently. At least it looks a lot like the older versions, just slightly bulkier. Comes with battle damaged armor parts, optional forearms with extended missiles, and even a smiling Tony Stark head sculpt.

The Iron Man 3 "desert cammo" one is horrible, IMO.

How about the MK. VII from The Avengers? Just opened for pre-order recently. At least it looks a lot like the older versions, just slightly bulkier. Comes with battle damaged armor parts, optional forearms with extended missiles, and even a smiling Tony Stark head sculpt.

The Iron Man 3 "desert cammo" one is horrible, IMO.

probably will but i'm partial to the mk vi. found a seller on ebay but he wants to do it all through paypal.

But if you're gonna buy the Catwoman "doll" (it's an action figure, you hear me?! An action figure!), you MUST get the Bat-pod to display with her. Just getting the fig alone is like eating a veggie burger--it's just not the same.

but I don't even like the bat-pod. and I don't have the space or money for one even if I did want it. and if I did have the money for it I'd by that VMF50 doll instead.

:edit:

and the hot toys' one is still a doll. :p

Edited by anime52k8

Hey, YOU, stop calling it a doll! It's an ACTION FIGURE...now if you excuse me, I'm gonna go brush the hair on mine to keep it from going frizzy. (I really want that HT Catwoman)

but I don't even like the bat-pod. and I don't have the space or money for one even if I did want it. and if I did have the money for it I'd by that VMF50 doll instead.

and the hot toys' one is still a doll. :p

I just googled vmf50 and it was freaky.

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

probably will but i'm partial to the mk vi. found a seller on ebay but he wants to do it all through paypal.

A word of caution: the first batch of MK. VI's had fitting issues with their battle-damage chest armor. The pegs they used on the battle-damaged chest armor was initially molded to fit an older MK. V fig, which doesn't fit the MK. VI figs well. I don't know about other places, but my hobby store never released the first batches and had the recalled. HT replaced these with new chest armor parts.

I'm not sure if all the first batches of MK. VI's were recalled, but you might want to keep an eye in that, maybe ask him to post photos of the fig with the battle-damaged armor used.

but I don't even like the bat-pod. and I don't have the space or money for one even if I did want it. and if I did have the money for it I'd by that VMF50 doll instead. :edit: and the hot toys' one is still a doll. :p

What's so bad about the Bat-pod? I can understand your dislike of The Bat (kinda meh, design-wise) but what's wrong with the bat-pod?

And NO it's NOT a doll...unless you have an afternoon tea-time session with it. :lol:

I just googled vmf50 and it was freaky.

Looks like a Dolfie cosplaying as Catwoman. Dolfie's will start to creep you out if you stare at it too long...they start to stare back at you. :ph34r:

A word of caution: the first batch of MK. VI's had fitting issues with their battle-damage chest armor. The pegs they used on the battle-damaged chest armor was initially molded to fit an older MK. V fig, which doesn't fit the MK. VI figs well. I don't know about other places, but my hobby store never released the first batches and had the recalled. HT replaced these with new chest armor parts.

I'm not sure if all the first batches of MK. VI's were recalled, but you might want to keep an eye in that, maybe ask him to post photos of the fig with the battle-damaged armor used.

Looks like a Dolfie cosplaying as Catwoman. Dolfie's will start to creep you out if you stare at it too long...they start to stare back at you. :ph34r:

You mean like this (Note that's not the one). May just go with the Scalper from HK who has pics of it unopened.

gooled dolfe also creepy.

You mean like this (Note that's not the one). May just go with the Scalper from HK who has pics of it unopened.

Well, your main concern should be that the battle-damage chest part fits perfectly on the figure. The pic on that link merely showed that the the peg on the part was snapped off.

Only buy if there are authenticated pics of the fig with the battle-damaged armor piece fitted perfectly onto the figure, with no noticeable gaps.

What's so bad about the Bat-pod? I can understand your dislike of The Bat (kinda meh, design-wise) but what's wrong with the bat-pod?

It's mostly that I don't like how it's used in the movie. The whole 'it's actually an escape pod that constitutes a third of the tumbler's mass' thing was rediculous as was it's ability to roll it's wheels purpendicular to their normal rolling axis. Aesthetically, there's nothing wrong with it but It doesn't absolutely wow me just sitting there either.

And NO it's NOT a doll...unless you have an afternoon tea-time session with it. :lol:

Maybe I do :ph34r:

Edited by anime52k8

It's mostly that I don't like how it's used in the movie. The whole 'it's actually an escape pod that constitutes a third of the tumbler's mass' thing was rediculous as was it's ability to roll it's wheels purpendicular to their normal rolling axis. Aesthetically, there's nothing wrong with it but It doesn't absolutely wow me just sitting there either.

I know where you're coming from. It does seem quite ridiculous the way it just pops out of the tumbler like that. Yeah, that perpendicular rolling thing...even after rewatching that sequence for the nth time, I still don;t see how that works. Looks cool, though.

Personally, I love the aesthetics of it, and that early pic of Anne Hathaway riding it just made me put the cash down for it.

Maybe I do :ph34r:

You know, since the HT fig is confirmed to have authentic rooted hair instead of sculpted, we'll all ending playing with our Catwoman "dolls" at some point, brushing out the tangles. HT should really include a free hairbrush like the ones that come with those Barbie dolls.

Well, your main concern should be that the battle-damage chest part fits perfectly on the figure. The pic on that link merely showed that the the peg on the part was snapped off.

Only buy if there are authenticated pics of the fig with the battle-damaged armor piece fitted perfectly onto the figure, with no noticeable gaps.

not too many of those up. Just MIB autions and buy it nows.

Bit the bullet and pre-ordered the new Hot Toys Batman and Bane. I really loved both characters in the new movie and I figure if I'm gonna own some form of them, it might as well be the Hot Toys versions.

I guess Sideshow Fett didn't swing me as clear of the format as I'd have thought.

3A's halo figure goes up for pre-order in just over half an hour... I don't know if I should do it. I've already cancelled some HLJ pre-orders and passed up some ebay purchases to free up the 200$, but I feel like I shouldn't do it... being broke sucks. :(

Edited by anime52k8

3A's halo figure goes up for pre-order in just over half an hour... I don't know if I should do it. I've already cancelled some HLJ pre-orders and passed up some ebay purchases to free up the 200$, but I feel like I shouldn't do it... being broke sucks. :(

Dang it didn't think it was today. was still able to order.

I know your pain. Dark Knight Rises is cruel with it's releases... Figma too... Kotobukiya as well... :(

You can say that again. DX-12 Batman and Bane both started pre-order in the same week, just like the Tumbler and the Bat-pod. And then there's Catwoman.

I'm not sure how long my willpower will hold out against ED 209. Been one of my holy grails since childhood.

Goddamn I am a ThreeA whore. I should be ashamed of myself... ^_^

I'm sitting this one out after all. The Carter version will be coming to retail stores and that's the only version I wanted to get anyways. Given how things have gone in the past it'll probably end up costing more ($200 + $10~$20 for shipping) getting it through BBTS, but I'll have 5~6 months to save up before I have to pay and I'll be able to cancel that pre-order at any time if something else comes up (catastrophic financial meltdown or them announcing a Master chief and/or Emile figure).