Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

is that going to be available at SDCC? Phack I'm getting that one there!!!

That's New York Toy Fair Exclusive. You should ask Nick if he's going there. Someone was saying that the regular version will have the coat. I don't know if that means the SWAT uniform will only be NYTF.

There is also a Medicom RAH Eva-1 in the works.

http://www.amiami.co...0%24pagecnt%3D1

I think we had that a few pages back. We were making fun on how it said 1/6 scale. I think at 1/6 scale an EVA can still be considered a giant robot.

...sonovabitch...of all the characters to make exclusive, they picked that version of Gordon. Anyone want a kidney? :(

Edited by xrentonx

So I got the Sideshow Boba Fett in today (pretty sure he qualifies as 6th scale) and I'm really impressed. The only other actual Sideshow product I have is a maquette, so I wasn't really sure what to expect. Fett is insanely detailed, perhaps even too much. His rocket pack, belts and certain pieces of armor are all connect like they were functioning real world items. So the detail is great, but it makes him a little finicky. For a figure with actual cloth his range of motion is impressive, especially the elbows which are double jointed and feature human like range of motion even with all the armor and whatnot.

Overall I like it a lot, and I feel like it was a good purchase, especially with the 70ish dollars off I got with my Sideshow points. All that being said, I don't think I'll be building up my collection of large scale human figures. I think I prefer statues or just robots/mecha for the 12 inch + size range.

There is also a Medicom RAH Eva-1 in the works.

http://www.amiami.co...0%24pagecnt%3D1

Sweet!

Horrible timing, though. I've got way, way, way too much on my plate right now to risk another pre-order.

BTW, how do you guys keep the rubber skin on your HT figs clean. I see some of you using DETOLF shelves which are far from airtight. I'm asking because it seems like a bad idea to try and wipe off any dust from the skin, especially with a damp cloth, as it might smudge the dust over it.

I had to buy separate acrylic display cases for my DX04 Bruce Lee and Jill Valentine Battle Suit version, and I'll probably have to go to a photo-frame shop (they actually have shops specializing in picture frames here) and get them to custom build me a glass box to hold my Tumbler and batpod.

Edited by GU-11

Conressed air? I hope they have some good stuff at sdcc.

I'm working on a granas IKEA table that you can modify to make into a case by just lowering the bottom shelf and then get acrylic panels and a metal sheet for the bottom.

Anyone know where I can get metal sheets from? I still have to spray paint the table black.

Here is a picture of it done

displayn.jpg

Compressed air? That could work.

Damn, wish I had better carpentry skills. I've got no problem assembling IKEA furniture, but modifying them is a different story.

Man, using a display case for a coffee table would be the ultimate piece of man-cave furniture! I wonder if it was popularized by that Cho Woong guy from Korea. He's supposedly a SW nut who had a coffee table doubling as a display case with a scaled-down millenium Falcon in it.

A modest start to my collection... Didn't realize I had one going til I started putting them together this evening. I felt like a bit of a goob at the start, but I had fun 'playing'.

post-4655-0-74670700-1341985171_thumb.jpg

post-4655-0-33053800-1341985195_thumb.jpg

post-4655-0-65122100-1341985222_thumb.jpg

Notice Cobra Commander's outrage at being second in line to see Spinal Tap.

Hot Toys Keaton DX Batman 1989: "Keaton, you look stiff. Man, you look like you have a broom up your ass!! HAHA. Ok, sorry, I know you can't move your head with that stupi... AWESOME cowl! Damn, so stiff and yet so awesome looking... that cape looks so menacing; Bale cape is just boring compare to yours... can't get into that halo/swat looking suit anyways... I just like the stiff overuseofrubber suit”.

Chances of getting Keaton Batman: 75%...and growing.

Way to convince myself: "It will look cool next to my Medicom RAH Spawn and Jojo!!"

Medicom comic Batman looks cool too but the diaper is a bit off.

Sorry, wrong info on the Gordon and other Hot toys exclusives. Not a Toy Fair exclusive but an exclusive for toy fairs.

From the HT website:

Hot Toys - 2012 Toy Fairs & Exclusive Items

Summer has arrived and the annual Toy Fairs are around the corner!

Thanks for fan’s support, same as last year, Hot Toys will have its annual events in different countries around the world. And we are proud to present our latest collectible figures at the following Toy Fairs which will be opened to public and the three Toy Fairs Exclusive Items will be mainly available there!

The Summer Toy Fairs are –

- San Diego Comic-Con (SDCC) (July 12-15)

http://www.comic-con.org

- Ani-Com & Games Hong Kong (ACG HK) (July 27-31)

http://www.ani-com.h...12ver/index.php

- Hot Toys Tokyo Flagship Store Toy Sapiens 2012 Summer Exclusives Fair (Aug 4)

http://www.toysapiens.jp

- Taiwan Annual Exhibition (Aug 11-19)

http://www.beast-kingdom.com.tw

- Singapore Toy, Game & Comic Convention (STGCC) (Sep 1-2)

http://www.singaporetgcc.com

- Ani-Com & Games Guangzhou (ACG GZ) (Sep 30 – Oct 4)

http://www.acg-vclexpo.com

And the three highly-anticipated Toy Fairs Exclusive items are –

- The Dark Knight: 1/6th scale Lt. Jim Gordon Collectible Figurine

- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides: 1/6th scale Angelica Collectible Figure

- Captain America: The First Avenger: 1/6th scale Captain America (Rescue Uniform Version) Limited Edition Collectible Figurine

The online registration for the exclusive items available at Ani-Com HK will be open for registration for Hong Kong fans tomorrow, stay tuned with our website (www.hottoys.com.hk) and our official retail store Toy Hunters’ Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/toyhunters) for the latest news very soon!

For exclusive items in the U.S. other than the Captain America Collectible Figure, please stay tuned with Sideshow Collectibles’ website http://www.sideshowtoy.com for details later on.

Wait wait wait.....Sideshow? This means I still have a chance of not gettin gouged by a Chinese dude on eBay? :) (not just Chinese but those were the first two that showed up when I searched for Gordon on eBay)

Edited by xrentonx

Love the cammo version Tumbler. I've seen some behind-the-scenes pics of a different version with armor-plating on the windscreens; are they making that one too?

I'm curious about the Bat-wing, or whatever they're callng it now. No problem for those who bought it online, but how's anyone going to lug that thing back home from, say, a hobby store? It's huge enough without the styrofoam packaging; all boxed up, it might not fit into the passenger compartment of your average car. A pickup truck or SUV would be big enough, though.

Edited by GU-11

Love the cammo version Tumbler. I've seen some behind-the-scenes pics of a different version with armor-plating on the windscreens; are they making that one too?

I'm curious about the Bat-wing, or whatever they're callng it now. No problem for those who bought it online, but how's anyone going to lug that thing back home from, say, a hobby store? It's huge enough without the styrofoam packaging; all boxed up, it might not fit into the passenger compartment of your average car. A pickup truck or SUV would be big enough, though.

theBatbox.jpg

Ok, before buying the Keaton Bats I see they also have Returns in the works... ok cool, I still like the organic suit better than the armored Returns version; but now this:

Great news for Batman fans! We are now proud to present the license of the hugely popular classic Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series! First bringing to fans is this finely crafted 1/6th scale Batmobile collectible from the Series which is proudly unveiled at San Diego Comic Con today! Fans, please visit the booth of Sideshow Collectibles (booth number: 1929) to have a close look at our one-of-its-kind Batmobile! More collectibles from this Series are coming soon! Stay tuned

Read more:

http://robotjapan.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=BandaiOther&action=display&thread=20152#ixzz20SCBUjHe

post-2996-0-33349700-1342135340_thumb.jpgpost-2996-0-35090600-1342135363_thumb.jpg

What Batman properties ARE NOT being done by Hot Toys? LOL

Well, there's still the Arkham Asylum Batman they haven't made yet.

As for the Adam West version, definite pass. It was way before my time, and when it was shown on TV, I hated it as a kid. Micheal Keaton was the Batman of my generation (80's-90's.)

Game over Man!

I'm glad that I don't collect the Hot Toys. I'd be eating rammen noodles every night. But I would like to get my hands on the Hot toys Iron Man, Thor, black widow and captain america.

Ok, before buying the Keaton Bats I see they also have Returns in the works... ok cool, I still like the organic suit better than the armored Returns version; but now this:

post-2996-0-33349700-1342135340_thumb.jpgpost-2996-0-35090600-1342135363_thumb.jpg

What Batman properties ARE NOT being done by Hot Toys? LOL

The Tumbler intrigued, but never really enticed me.

The Keaton Batmobile enticed, but couldn't get over the price and logistics.

The classic George Barris Batmobile? I think I'll have to acquire that.

Now all we need is 1/6 Adam West. :lol:

Edited by Penguin

Bane's HT figure is up next. Thankfully, it's pretty no-frills, which means a more affordable figure. My wallet rejoices. My bad. Apparently, the teaser's been up for a while now. No pre-order yet, and hopefully, it'll remain so for a while until Q4 this year.

This year's getting way too expensive for me.

376553_412267202152156_1737816588_n.jpg

Edited by GU-11

and Burt Ward's Robin... :blink:

... and Bruce Lee's Kato, so we can re-enact the scene from the Batman/Green Hornet crossover episode where Burt windmills his arms frantically while Bruce desparately tries to make it look like Kato couldn't snap Robin in two with a sharp sneeze. :lol:

Whaddayaknow? Bane IS up for pre-order at my hobby store. Anybody going for this one? Kicker?

... and Bruce Lee's Kato, so we can re-enact the scene from the Batman/Green Hornet crossover episode where Burt windmills his arms frantically while Bruce desparately tries to make it look like Kato couldn't snap Robin in two with a sharp sneeze. :lol:

The producers initially wanted Robin to win the fight, but Bruce would have none of it. So they had to settle for a draw. :mellow:

Edited by GU-11

Whaddayaknow? Bane IS up for pre-order at my hobby store. Anybody going for this one?

I know I'll be acquiring it.

The producers initially wanted Robin to win the fight, but Bruce would have none of it. So they had to settle for a draw. :mellow:

Yeah, I heard that too. I don't blame him. Would've shattered my suspension of disbelief.

I know I'll be acquiring it.

Me too. I'm glad its a no-frills version (not that Bane seems to have any noticeable gadgets in the trailers; he's basically a weapon in and of himself.)

Didn't feel like getting it first, but the trailers and the BTS videos sold me. Seems Bane is much more than just a mindless brute in TDKR.

Yeah, I heard that too. I don't blame him. Would've shattered my suspension of disbelief.

Agreed. There's no way I could believe a martial artist like Lee could get his ass whooped by a kid in a fruity costume.

where's a good site to order HT figs from? cheapest if in the states.. :)

edit: I just ordered HT bane at bbts... unless there's a better reputable vendor out there for less than $179.99

Edited by Negotiator