Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

Anyone got nice Hi-res pictures of the original ED-209 by Hot Toys?

I'm not sure how long my willpower will hold out against ED 209. Been one of my holy grails since childhood.

Initially I thought it was going to be 1/4 scale. As the preview of Hot Toys was in 3D, and miss lead the fans on the page that it looked larger than 1/6. So I was meh, too big, too expensive.

Though now I'm with you on this one in 1/6... :(

I'm still hoping for a DX Bane. After watching the film 3 times, I'm totally in love with his character and Catwoman.

Anyone got nice Hi-res pictures of the original ED-209 by Hot Toys?

Initially I thought it was going to be 1/4 scale. As the preview of Hot Toys was in 3D, and miss lead the fans on the page that it looked larger than 1/6. So I was meh, too big, too expensive.

Though now I'm with you on this one in 1/6... :(

I'm still hoping for a DX Bane. After watching the film 3 times, I'm totally in love with his character and Catwoman.

Why a DX version? I haven't watched the movie yet, but Bane doesn't look like he's got a lot of accessories. AFAIK, the only piece of accessory missing from the one they're making is a black sleeveless vest.

I've decided to go all out on the Batman figs this time, and Catwoman's definitely on my to-buy list.

Hell, I've been binge-ordering so much, I'm now tempted to get the Iron Man MK VII suit from The Avengers. Always wanted an Iron Man fig, but missed out on the previous ones, no thanks to Yamato and it's flood of VF-1's in the past two years. No special stand this time, but I prefer the bulkier design in the MK. VII suit as opposed to the super-streamlined ones. The battle-damaged parts look sweet, too, not to mention the more pronounced weapons.

I could wait for the release of the Iron Man 3 suits, but those fugly "desert cammo" and "iron patriot" suits aren't exactly filling me with hope on the other unreleased designs from the movie...considering there are any.

Why a DX version? I haven't watched the movie yet, but Bane doesn't look like he's got a lot of accessories. AFAIK, the only piece of accessory missing from the one they're making is a black sleeveless vest.

I've decided to go all out on the Batman figs this time, and Catwoman's definitely on my to-buy list.

In regards to Bane he has diffirent outfits and various accessories (very brief moments) not included in this release, however had pivotel scenes in the film.

And yes, his head needs Pers, and he talks with his eyes.

I'm still on the fence with this Catwoman, eventhough I believe no one will ever come close to Anne's performance, I'm still not fully convinced of Hot Toys first go at it. Body is a bit too skinny. Head too big. And the goggles also slightly too big.

But as with Bane, I'll wait for final images of both to decide.

Nearly I pre-ordered the Mark VII, but the knee joints when bent put me off. They look too toyish, and too skinny which ruins the realism of such a figure.

Also I'm more sold on Sideshows Comic book adaption of Catwoman... And Both Sideshow and Hot Toys will be making figures from Arkham Ayslum and Arkham City, and that Catwoman's appearance is a winner.

In regards to Bane he has diffirent outfits and various accessories (very brief moments) not included in this release, however had pivotel scenes in the film.

And yes, his head needs Pers, and he talks with his eyes.

I'm still on the fence with this Catwoman, eventhough I believe no one will ever come close to Anne's performance, I'm still not fully convinced of Hot Toys first go at it. Body is a bit too skinny. Head too big. And the goggles also slightly too big.

But as with Bane, I'll wait for final images of both to decide.

Nearly I pre-ordered the Mark VII, but the knee joints when bent put me off. They look too toyish, and too skinny which ruins the realism of such a figure.

Also I'm more sold on Sideshows Comic book adaption of Catwoman... And Both Sideshow and Hot Toys will be making figures from Arkham Ayslum and Arkham City, and that Catwoman's appearance is a winner.

Aw, hell, and I just paid the deposit to pre-order Bane! Never realized he's got so much else that's not included in the "generic" HT version.

There's aren't a lot of pics of HT's MK. VIII's knees. They look rather squarish, but without pics of the older versions on hand, I'm not sure if there's that big of a difference. Got any pics you'd care to share? I'd like to take a look before pre-ordering it.

As for Catwoman, I'm of the same opinion. I also prefer Arkham Asylum's Catwoman, but sadly she won't fit in with the rest of the Nolan cast.

DSC_0007.jpg

That eagle looks awesome. Another 3rd party accessory?

There's aren't a lot of pics of HT's MK. VIII's knees. They look rather squarish, but without pics of the older versions on hand, I'm not sure if there's that big of a difference. Got any pics you'd care to share? I'd like to take a look before pre-ordering it.

As for Catwoman, I'm of the same opinion. I also prefer Arkham Asylum's Catwoman, but sadly she won't fit in with the rest of the Nolan cast.

Well the Arkham Catwoman did have a very textured and functional outfit worthy of Nolan's world. And a nice bare cleavage. :D

These are the best pics I've come across of that Ironman.

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/productDetail.php?productID=142

As you can see here, that knee joint is way too thin for Robert's actual knee to be in it, and considering the size and price of this thing, I'm like no ways for such a visible flaw especially after all the previous attempts to get it right.

It's too Play Arts for me.

PD1343636016SK0.jpg?1344002748498

From what I've heard, Enterbay has the Batman Begins and the Dark Knight 1/4 scale (i think), and Hot toys has the TDKR license in 1/4 scale. I have yet to see them in my possession but from what I'm seeing so far from pictures the Batman OC is a keeper but the joker is making me go

31e67059.jpg

Well the Arkham Catwoman did have a very textured and functional outfit worthy of Nolan's world. And a nice bare cleavage. :D

These are the best pics I've come across of that Ironman.

http://www.hottoys.c...p?productID=142

As you can see here, that knee joint is way too thin for Robert's actual knee to be in it, and considering the size and price of this thing, I'm like no ways for such a visible flaw especially after all the previous attempts to get it right.

It's too Play Arts for me.

LOL! I don't mind sparing some space for this little kitty, but I know all too well where this road leads...before you know it, I'll be looking to add Asylum Batman to my already long list.

As for the MK. VII, after taking a good look at the knees, I think I'll hold off on making that pre-order for now. The only thing keeping me from completely passing this up if the fact that I really like the design.

You were right. The knee parts look too thin for Tony Stark to possible fit his knee into. And that seam in the middle makes it look even worse. It does look like a Playarts joint.

In all probability, I'll end up saving the cash for ED 209.

I love RDJ and he's the perfect Tony Stark but it always makes me laugh when I think of him filling out that Iron Man suit with his stocky(-ish) build.

Edited by xrentonx

i don't get why there's 2 1/4th scale figure licenses. Are they from different movies? Sorry if it's been addressed. Are these articulated also?

Yes they are articulated. And posing them is like a child. Just to creepy for me. Like those Japanese pervert dolls.

haha, I have friends that say that 1:6 scale passes the "doll collecting" event horizon. For me 1/4th scale is just to big to consider as toys. I like some of the quarter scale mixed media statues but I don't collect statues. But to each their own, I guess.

the batman stuff in 1/4 i'll probably collect. I was already warned by the wife about the VMF50 collections which I believe is now on series 9 i have series 1-6. Held off on the last three. Maybe I'll catch up but who knows. I haven't even taken them out of their shipping boxes. I really want that cat woman version though.

I was reallybon the fence about the 1/6th scale stuff. But TDKR Batmam, Bane and the eventual Arkham releases are too coop to ignore. The desire to collect these larger pieces has really snuck up on me.

If Hot Toys opts to produce the Batmobile from the Arkham games, my resolve against large vehicles may break as well.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

Since we're all hot on batman, can someone help me identify this? It's not 1/6 of course and was supposed to be the mattel tumbler with 3 button electronics. Now as far as I've seen, there's only been a purple and a black one, but I got this from ebay today, and the picture used was the purple one. Well...this is black and has one button. It has the clear plastic where lights would have been, with rubbery tires. It's not a problem that it's black, I was going to paint it black and customize it anyway, but I cannot find any info on this version.

post-10971-0-63357100-1344117565_thumb.jpg

Aw, hell, and I just paid the deposit to pre-order Bane! Never realized he's got so much else that's not included in the "generic" HT version.

That eagle looks awesome. Another 3rd party accessory?

yes it is...

my custom bruce wayne

DSC_0051.jpg

Been looking at the Bane figure a bit more closely, and while I'm excited to have it, I see potentially some disappointing things about him.

His elbows don't appear to be double jointed, so it will likely be impossible for him to do one of his signature poses. The one where he grips his vest. I realize that HT probably sacrifices some poseability for the sake of a clean look and I'm not sure you could get proper elbow articulation without some unsightly joints. Still kind of a let down though.

I may be wrong on this next point since I only have a HT Predator, but the body for Bane seems generic. It matches Hardy close enough I suppose but there doesn't seem to be any of the scarification he had in the movie. I'm sure it's extremely cost prohibitive to come up with new body molds for every figure, but I would have liked to see it on Bane.

Still excited for the figure, still have him on pre-order. I'll just have to re-evaluate how I display him when the time comes.

Awhile back I promised myself I would not buy a Hot Toy. Months later I find myself with a preordered Commissioner Gordon and most of the new Batman cast and Joker 2.0. Commish Gordon is gonna easily be the most handsome fella of the bunch. B))

Edited by xrentonx

His elbows don't appear to be double jointed, so it will likely be impossible for him to do one of his signature poses.

I can't say for sure, but HT seems to prioritize aesthetics over articulation for figures where the bodies are exposed. I noticed the same thing on my DX-04 Bruce Lee. I can barely get a 90 degree angle from his elbows. His knees have much better articulation. Seems to also be the same case with the Avengers Hulk.

Awhile back I promised myself I would not buy a Hot Toy. Months later I find myself with a preordered Commissioner Gordon and most of the new Batman cast and Joker 2.0. Commish Gordon is gonna easily be the most handsome fella of the bunch. B))

How'd you get a pre-order for Gordon? Isn't he supposed to be some convention exclusive?

How'd you get a pre-order for Gordon? Isn't he supposed to be some convention exclusive?

Sideshow but they put him on waitlist now. Luckily I paid in full when he was released a couple weeks ago.

Anyone have the appleseed ht figures?

I have all of them. Those and Jill Valentine in the battle suit are all I have.

------

Was it confirmed that HT are doing the Batman: Arkham game series of figs? I don't like the movie so much, but I might crack if they do Arkham...

And so it begins....

post-11832-0-91039700-1344482351_thumb.jpg

I partially blame kicker

8208818_orig.jpg

I have all of them. Those and Jill Valentine in the battle suit are all I have.

------

Was it confirmed that HT are doing the Batman: Arkham game series of figs? I don't like the movie so much, but I might crack if they do Arkham...

HT_BatmanArkhamCity01.jpg

HT_BatmanArkhamCity02.jpg

all pics are courtesy of other forums.

Anyone have the appleseed ht figures?

@ gu 11 sideshow collectables.

Yep Tober has a set..and here is mine

AppleseedCollection-1.jpg