Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

I really love ThreeA stuff. They're not as intricit and ultra detailed as Hot toys products, but they're more affordable and have a lot more character.

I just got these two from threeA last Thursday. Darwin Rothchild and R.I.P. 003 Caesar:

7178099769_c868302a96_z.jpg

Father and Son by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

7363327536_2f5e70f0d4_z.jpg

Here is the Young Man by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

7363329288_86f33d07ff_z.jpg

We are Better by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

I like the Retro utilitarian look to Ashley Wood's robot designs. reminds me of old 50's sci-fi:

7178099035_97c3e78735_z.jpg

Forbidden planet by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

While the 3A human designs aren't exactly my cup of tea, the bots look sweet. Very old-school and utilitarian--in other words, very Soviet. At the same time, there's also enough of a modern feel to them that they don't look too dated.

Medicom RAH Unit 1: http://www.collectiondx.com/news_item/61112/16_rah_evangelion_unit_01_medicom

Looks pretty sharp overall I think. Love the head sculpt, but I'm unsure about the slimmer build and long neck that seems to always pop up in the rebuild pieces. Though Unit 1 was kinda my first love for a Mech (even though it really isn't one) so depending on when and how much, maybe I'll try and get it.

Medicom RAH Unit 1: http://www.collectio...unit_01_medicom

Looks pretty sharp overall I think. Love the head sculpt, but I'm unsure about the slimmer build and long neck that seems to always pop up in the rebuild pieces. Though Unit 1 was kinda my first love for a Mech (even though it really isn't one) so depending on when and how much, maybe I'll try and get it.

Looks sleek, and it'll be nice and big for sure, but I've always found whenever RAH figures have some sort of soft vinyl coverings, they never hold their pose as tightly as the pictures show. Happened with the RAH Alien, and all the plug-suited Eva pilots. That would be my concern.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd pay good money for a 1/6th Priss in hardsuit. :(

I'd pay good money for a Priss in hardsuit in ANY scale. Missed out on the Yamato version, both the toy and the model kit--heard there were some issues.

I want a high quality Priss statue. I have one of the original models. The one from the B-Club cover that I still need to put together eventually. I also have the Atelier Sai Priss figure. One would think that companies would revisit a lot of the classic anime shows for statues now that high quality and fairly low cost versions can be made.

I'm sure Hot Toys could do some knock out original Dirty Pair figures of Kei and Yuri.

Edited by JetJockey

I want a high quality Priss statue. I have one of the original models. The one from the B-Club cover that I still need to put together eventually. I also have the Atelier Sai Priss figure. One would think that companies would revisit a lot of the classic anime shows for statues now that high quality and fairly low cost versions can be made.

I'm sure Hot Toys could do some knock out original Dirty Pair figures of Kei and Yuri.

I just picked up an new Atelier Sai Priss for 2,900 yen - hope that was a good price. I've seen them for a good bit more.

If I like it I may try to get the others. Is it 1/6th scale? Since that's what this thread is I hope so...

I just picked up an new Atelier Sai Priss for 2,900 yen - hope that was a good price. I've seen them for a good bit more.

If I like it I may try to get the others. Is it 1/6th scale? Since that's what this thread is I hope so...

I wish that Priss figure was 1/6. I didn't know it was 1/12. The Yamato release with the Motoslave is smaller I believe. I couldn't get the Yamato after seeing a few reviews. Even the metallic version which looks cool is still the same toy.

Time to open that checkbook again, Kicker. TDKR Batman DX12 has just been announced. Overall, I'm glad I missed out on all the previous versions, as this one looks to be the definitive Batman, with all his accessories from all three movies, plus a light-up stand and Christian Bale's head sculpt.

Oh, and here's another reason for you to get that second Bat-pod; the re-release has a slot for a connector that comes with the DX12 Batman for attaching what looks like an EMP cannon (the toy has LED's that light up, although what it actually does remains to be seen in TDKR). The cannon and it's connector comes with DX12. Not sure if the first version can hold the EMP cannon or not, though.

Not quiet accurate.

The new one yes is indeed a better sculpt, but only the bruce wayne head. The batman cowl needs to be fixed. Again this is just a prototype from their pictures so nothing is final. The bat symbol on the chest also needs to be fixed. Also it does not* have all accessories from all three movies. The DX2 had the back pack. Light up stands are available on the DX02 as well. The connector for the pulse cannon is not going to be available with the batpod, but with the DX12.

Notice that piece below the pulse cannon:

PD1341564253YtO.jpg

PD1341564249lA3.jpg

iFk40YaZolDWd.gif

PD1341564240rrf.jpg

senzanomrre.jpg

senzanomrrwwwe.jpg

413596_10100126099018964_351345364_o.jpg

474602_10100125705951674_1569950382_o.jpg

323153_10100125701770054_126399276_o.jpg

For the tennis fan

bataracket.jpg

Also for some reason there is something off with his optional mouths

This is how its suppose to look like (A Medix custom from another member comprised of Hot toys parts and Medicom Parts with a custom widened and painted cowl. I was lucky enough to snag one similar like the one you see on the previous page withe the diorama. That one is also a medix)

medix-belt2.png

the difference between the other batman

batman-dx_backstage_2_1261050442.jpg

Comparison of Bruce Wayne Heads, one from hot toys and one is a custom Adam Sculpt

bale-compare.png

And my Bruce Wayne Custom with custom Kato suit (Kato is the same guy that collaborated with Hot Toys to make the clothes for the new 2.0 Joker)

DSC_0191.jpg

Edited by Kicker773

Wow, you ARE a Batman expert. Didn't notice so many tiny differences in the detailing.

And yeah, my bad regarding the accessories thing. Totally forgot about the backpack from TDK.

Actually, I did say that the connector comes with DX12:

The cannon and it's connector comes with DX12. Not sure if the first version can hold the EMP cannon or not, though.

BTW, just out of curiosity, does the batpod come with a wire or something to make Batman's cape look like it's flapping in the wind?

Edited by GU-11

There are some really talented sculptors out there other than hot toys which I just found out and kinda got lucky snagging that custom Bruce Wayne that I now have since I was late in the game

How the one on the right started off as:

5162750476_42f56122e2_z.jpg

Then painted..absolutely amazing..

Its your fault Exo for getting me started on those.. you jinxed me!!!

How is medicom these days? I have mgs4 grandpa snake and his hip broke on it's own. Funny I know... he just stayed in a static pose, but it's really irritating for something like that to happen.

I was interested in this bats, but I'm afraid of the body's QC.

post-10971-0-34762300-1341824680_thumb.jpg