YF-19FP SACRIFICE. What could you do without?

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Of the following what would you want yamato to do? OR what sacrifice are you okay with  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Of the following what would you want yamato to do? OR what sacrifice are you okay with

• 1-DETACHABLE LANDING gear/doors.
    • 2-BIG swappable parts (torso section, lower legs, legs in general, etc.)
    • 3-SMALL swappable parts (nose for battroid AND head fueselage piece, etc)
    • 4-NONE!! I want mine perfect variable with NO removal needed at all!

I don't suppose they'll be adding the fold booster to this?

If they did that, then they could do rocket boosters for the VF-11.

Re-create the YF-21 testing scene with Isamu chasing after Guld with a Rocket booster equiped VF-11...

Meh, I probably wouldn't spend the money on it anyway... :p

I was gonna say something about that Prototype arm weapon the 19 used to destroy that Monster in episode 2 of M+, but I honestly don't care if they make that into toy form... :p It would be thing that would delay the 19FP that's not necessary (to me).

A fold booster would be nice though... :D

I don't suppose they'll be adding the fold booster to this?

If they did that, then they could do rocket boosters for the VF-11.

Re-create the YF-21 testing scene with Isamu chasing after Guld with a Rocket booster equiped VF-11...

Meh, I probably wouldn't spend the money on it anyway... :p

I was gonna say something about that Prototype arm weapon the 19 used to destroy that Monster in episode 2 of M+, but I honestly don't care if they make that into toy form... :p It would be thing that would delay the 19FP that's not necessary (to me).

A fold booster would be nice though... :D

Probably in a separate set like the FP set for the 1/48's, but nah! I could settle without those.

Except for how far the nose sticks out in battroid I like that Perfect Trans one, but I prefer the other one with the swapping groin/nose gear and landing gear wells. It looks more accurate in all modes to me. If that is what Yamato turns out I will be thrilled to no end.

i don't really like that perfect transformation one...the mid-section is too long....the chest looks really good but having the mid-section looks almost like there's a whole there...the upper legs look kinda weird too...still looks okay...just wouldn't want it to become a massproduction toy though

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

IMHO The torso looks right, the problem are the hips joints placed too low, it reminds me the 3D models in the Macross game for PS2 .icon8.gif

Isamu or Graham, can you do some higer-resolution scans like those in the magazine section? :)

Ok, thats the battroid picture i was looking form.

i recall i saw it in one of the events that black aces covered a while ago in 2002 or 2003.

still when i first saw that battroid i did not had any idea it was a perfect variable. since i am working on a project to build my self a YF-19 variable model {already have done the hasegawa 19} i´d like to see higher resolution scans so i can check how it pulls out the transformation process with more detail.

by the way a few months ago i also founded a quick time movie from a japanese site where they had this CG movie o a YF-19 making an almost identical transformation sequence as this model {i.e. the ay the crouch part folds the right way, etc.}.

Actually the "perfect" VF-19 on this page looks better than the current retail yammie in my opinion... at least I'd say that with slightly bigger wings it would look "perfect" in fighter mode. But the model on page 1 of this forum looks absolutely brilliant... the best of the best... perfect maybe.

We'd break the legs on that "perfect variable" in about 10 minutes. Midsectiopn does look too long. Other than that very nice. Even the nicest kit conversion has some form of compromise in it's design.

The YF-19 that Isamu Dyson posted (at the top of this page) looks like something out of Evangelion (looking at the lower torso, hips, and legs). :unsure::blink:

I for one, prefer a long sleek nose, as that gives the best proportions in fighter-mode. But trying to work around that length for a good battroid-mode, is tough.

Hmm, what about some sort of sliders in the hips, to bring them up a bit, to limit the "low-rider" look?

Actually the "perfect" VF-19 on this page looks better than the current retail yammie in my opinion... at least I'd say that with slightly bigger wings it would look "perfect" in fighter mode. But the model on page 1 of this forum looks absolutely brilliant... the best of the best... perfect maybe.

I'm with you there. The pic that Rusty posted on the first page of this thread IS the "perfect" VF-19. I'd rather have that for the FP version than the one Isamu posted.

that thing (perfect-transformation) RULES!! you guys sound like those who whine about the 1:48's chest being too wide.... geez! :rolleyes:

Um, no... we sound like people that want our toys to look perfect. I didn't complain about the 1/48 at all except for the big nosecone. . . I like them pointy like the 1/60s. Plus even if you put aside the aesthetics of the kit you have to take into consideration the amount of steps in the transformation, along with all the little teensy weensy pieces just waiting to snap as with a lot of other "perfect" transformations. You think its so great, track one down and buy it... but I'd rather have something that can battle my other valks w/o breaking a nail. The one on the first page looks better, but I'll bet it suffers from the same "handle with care" syndrome.

Plus, this whole thread is dedicated to whining about how the YF-19FP isn't out yet. As I've said before; I wouldn't hold my breath... it will come when it comes.

So far I think the landing gear is at the top of my list of things to sacrifice.

But I'd sacrifice the YF-19FP all together for a VF-17D(FP) or VF-19S(with REAL 19FPs)... the YF-19 and its wussy fps are passe...

Um, no... we sounds like people that want our toys to look perfect.

Hey Patrick,

Referring to yourself in the third person now? :lol: Apparently, grammatical skills are not a prerequisite to be a moderator.

Just kidding with you, and I agree with you regarding the landing gear.

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath either, but then again, I'm not giving up hope. ;)

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Edited by ChristopherB

Um, no... we sounds like people that want our toys to look perfect.

Hey Patrick,

Referring to yourself in the third person now? :lol: Apparently, grammatical skills are not a prerequisite to be a moderator.

Just kidding with you, and I agree with you regarding the landing gear.

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath either, but then again, I'm not giving up hope. ;)

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Heh, yeah sorry... we gets that way around the precious.

But I'd sacrifice the YF-19FP all together for a VF-17D(FP) or VF-19S(with REAL 19FPs)... the YF-19 and its wussy fps are passe...

I feel completely the same way.

Graham.

Btw, just curious, how does the VF-19S look with it's FP's in comparison to the YF-19's?