Yamato is really making Megazone 23

CF18

They shown the prototype in Wonderfest.

Source:

http://www.visualmedia.com.hk/cgi-bin/news...em=134685&utag=

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

:o that looks awesome, any idea of the size of it? also is'nt there another one coming out from a different company as well, does anyone have the pics for that.

:o oh that's a must have, it needs a lil shogo too! damn thing better transform to G-form or I'mah be mad :p it also needs to be a Hargun when ever they get the chance for that!

Wonder if they'd make a Original Garland? Or maybe even E=X Garland? Those weren't bad looking.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Screw you Graham!! You said they weren't doing it!!!!

I KNEW IT WAS MEGAZONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I TOLD YA'LL 2 YEARS AGO IT WAS MEGAZONE AND NO ONE LISTENED TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Vostok 7

:ph34r:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Screw you Graham!! You said they weren't doing it!!!!

I KNEW IT WAS MEGAZONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I TOLD YA'LL 2 YEARS AGO IT WAS MEGAZONE AND NO ONE LISTENED TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

*chucks a miriya plushie into the air* GO FETCH!

:o Somebody pinch me because I'm afraid that I might be dreaming this. Any pics of robot mode yet? What about release date and the expected price? I can't wait for this toy. :) Hope they make both versions of the Garland...transformable motorcycles rule! :D

Trueblueeyes: The robot in anime looks like the one on the pic:

From the bike's prototype, it looks similar to the pic. B))

post-26-1093907495_thumb.jpg

That does look really cool! How is the anime? Is it out on DVD? I was thnking about trying to track it down.

Parts I and II are excellent, though most fans tend to like one a lot more than the other (I'm partial to II myself). Avoid Part III like the plague. All three parts are currently available from ADV.

Here's the line art of the Garland from Part 1 to Part III, from what I'm seeing on the toy, this will be more close to the variation of Part 1 compared to Part 2 which had a very funky yet amazingly detailed styled.

I wonder if they'll make an E=X Garland :p that'd be intersting to see moving hydrolic pistons on the legs! While the story wasn't great, I did like the Mecha.

post-26-1093923785_thumb.jpg

The prototype was shown at 2 booths, but they are identical. Atelier-sai is the sculptor and had one at his booth(with figure) And yamato had an identical copy at their booth. I didnt see one in robot mode and neither one would let people touch the Garlands. It is perfect variable and looks like a pilot figure would fit inside. It would have to be much smaller than what you see in the anime though. If it sells well they might make the other ones.

megazone.jpg

I've been looking forward to this release for a while, ever since Graham had dinner with the guy from Yamato and alluded to the release of something from an anime besides Macross.

Does anyone have information regarding the (2) jets shown in the picture above. The medium blue one in the upper left hand corner, and the light blue one at the bottom both look pretty sweet.

Do they transform? What do they look like in battroid mode? Do they play a pretty big role in the anime? If so, perhaps Yamato will make them next. ;)

Edited by ChristopherB

You think Yamato USA will be able to release it? I mean, since ADV holds the rights to Megazone 23 (the anime at least). And since ADV is basically HG... <_<

I don't think HG decided to renew their Megazone license and they no longer hold it. But who knows what they'll claim. ADV has an exclusive deal to do HG material but that doesn't mean HG=ADV.

I don't think HG decided to renew their Megazone license and they no longer hold it. But who knows what they'll claim. ADV has an exclusive deal to do HG material but that doesn't mean HG=ADV.

They no longer hold the rights to MZ23, and they only had part 1 cause of Robotech the movie.

I asked them about it a long time ago and they said they had lost the rights and weren't planning to get them back really....I'll email them about this later see what they deal is.

Since ADV is an affiliate with HG, its possible they could uptain the rights if they really felt it nessessary, but I'll say no....

Does anyone have information regarding the (2) jets shown in the picture above. The medium blue one in the upper left hand corner, and the light blue one at the bottom both look pretty sweet.

Do they transform? What do they look like in battroid mode? Do they play a pretty big role in the anime? If so, perhaps Yamato will make them next.

The other figures in the picture are the Flaggan (I think is the name) which is the hover craft just infront of the Garland, behind it in robot form is the Hargun which is a cannon fodder variation of the Garland, in Part 2 the Harguns pretty much went thru a big overhaul in appearance...

The ones up top and below the Garland are the cannon fodder jet planes used to combat the Delzag in parts 1 and 2, you never really ever see them unless theres a battle in space.

A nifty trick is that the Hargun and the Flaggan can connect with eachother to be like a special unit carrier. And than it can just release the Hargun and walah!

But no, the fighters do not transform sadly, only Garlands and Harguns are the only ones I've seen be able to transform.

Hell after part 1, you ONLY see the Garland transform, there's only like 1 scene I think when Shogo and his gang are being chased by Harguns that you ever see those transform.

Very cool. Now if someone (other than Toynami) would do Ride Armor in a similar scale.

Remember last winter's Mospeada figures? I wonder if Toynami will hire the sculptor for them like they did the VF-1 SPs

7051.jpg7048.jpg

Are those the superposable cyclones?

Yeah (though NOT Toynami), they were from the last wonder fest. Noel posted some pics of them... Not these but his own...

7049.jpg

so are these available yet or what? Or are these just fan made figures? I gots ta know! These look pretty cool and I want them! :p:D:lol: