Official 1/100 BANDAI VF Hi Metal VF-1J Valkyrie

Black Valkyrie

Yeah, I guess my point is that there's gotta be some sort of compromise related to the tail section. It was earlier remarked that the backpack looked too high in battroid mode for the Hi-Metal 1/100 (which is fair) but the point is that it kinda has to be too long or too short somewhere.

You know, the Toynami 1/100 had the ability to shift the backpack up or down slightly. The little hinge piece that held the backplate and the backpack together had two positions. If it was up, the backpack sat higher (good for fighter/gerwalk) and when it was down, it sat lower (good for battroid). The only problem was that it only snapped into place for one position (I think the up position). If Bandai implemented this right, it won't be a problem.

Edited by danth

Very impressive, you think its a Yamato VF-1 at first, good job.

why must they release the first one in the most boring paint scheme ever.

im also not too happy about the uber flat backpack complete with holes. I might stick to my toynamis on this one. (I do love them)

Looks like this one will have more replaceable parts than the 19:

- heatshield

- intake covers

- landing gear (these don't count since the 19 doesn't have any :p )

- hands

Still, it looks nice and I can't wait to put it next to the Toynami Battlepod :lol:

Looking good, I'll be skipping this first one though since it's dull, roll on a Focker version with Strike pack.

Its just a prototype.

At this point though what you see is probably what you're going to get. I don't mind it myself.

Edited by Fort Max

Looking good, I'll be skipping this first one though since it's dull, roll on a Focker version with Strike pack.

At this point though what you see is probably what you're going to get. I don't mind it myself.

I don't mind either but I want only CFs since I stopped purchasing the main ones, even for Yamato. More fun to play with :D

Bandai is really doing a good job at tempting me to start collecting at the 1/100 scale.

1/100 is a good scale for Macross, with a lot of related mecha support from Toynami, Imai, Arii and Bandai's reissues. Good space-wise, and also displays nicely with 1/144 Gundam items - like HCM. And don't forget the whole Chain Base display.

I'm not liking that blue canopy. :(

I suspect that may be close to a final color choice, given the whole colorway seems so strictly based on the anime model, rather than a 'real type' look.

I could live with that, though.

I like fighter and gerwalk modes the best B))

Something is off in battroid mode. There's too much space between the intakes and the chestplate, the torso is elongated.

It has Vader feet :lol:

For the price it's a good company for my 1/100 Yamato König Monster!!! Yamato's new 1/60 VF-1's are king though.