My input here would be biased. I have one and would want it to be worth as much as possible.

Yeah, I hear ya. I've been looking at different boards, here, and on ebay, and they're from $250-$600. There's on on sale here, the Beagle version for $500. Those may go as well, but right now, I'm trying to figure out getting this one sold.

The timing on selling the MPC version isn't really ideal. I just bought one from RT.com last month for $199. If I were you I'd hold onto it until next fall and just put it on ebay and take the ride. These toys were selling for $400 for a bit there and there shouldn't be any more surprise restocks anywhere.

I am getting a CM Iota Legioss/Tread Combo off ebay after my order for my v2 VF-1J was mistakenly sent to Canada instead of me. After looking around ebay and reading some reviews it seems that I will not enjoy connecting them as much without the upgrade kit part. Since new intakes or the extra big gun are not of much concern, if there is anyone willing, and with the required skillset, can the new connecting part be recast? Is it possible?

Thanks,

Twich

Edited by twich

Ok, I am a little confused, perhaps I didn't explain that I don't have the upgrade kit, and I have no idea what the part looks like or does, so how can I "use shapeway" to make it? If you were talking to prospective recasters, then please disregard what I just said....

Twich

A little late to the party, but decided I needed a Ride Armour toy, as its probably over a decade since I sold off my old large Gakken one.

I took the plunge today and bought both the CM's dark Stick type and Yellow type from a local shop in Causeway Bay. For US$32 (HK$250 each).

Despite the horrible reviews on the CM's Ride Armor toys on Anymoon and Collection DX, I gather these may be among the best of the CM's Ride Armors given some of the plastic parts were changed to metal. Still, I'll probably no dound end up hating the small size and likley fiddlyness of them.

Looked around but couldn't find any Megahouse or Beagle locally, otherwise I might have picked up a Beagle.

Graham

A little late to the party, but decided I needed a Ride Armour toy, as its probably over a decade since I sold off my old large Gakken one.

I took the plunge today and bought both the CM's dark Stick type and Yellow type from a local shop in Causeway Bay. For US$32 (HK$250 each).

Despite the horrible reviews on the CM's Ride Armor toys on Anymoon and Collection DX, I gather these may be among the best of the CM's Ride Armors given some of the plastic parts were changed to metal. Still, I'll probably no dound end up hating the small size and likley fiddlyness of them.

Looked around but couldn't find any Megahouse or Beagle locally, otherwise I might have picked up a Beagle.

Graham

I dont have the CM's but the megahouse blows

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU5zuHDVx9Y&list=UUSWycPtf1utSMWASTtg9GgA&index=21&feature=plcp

The Megahouse Yellow and CM's Bartley I have are the most frustrating things I have ever picked up. I transformed the Yellow once when I got it and never want to touch it again...the CM's I just left in cycle mode as it took my like an hour just to get the figure in a descent pose on the bike. However.....the AWESOMENESS of the Beagle's can never be spoken of enough...if you have the funds--get both--or if you just have to have one--get the Scott/Stick one. You will never regret owning it!

Unpacked my CM's dark Stick last night and spend about 30 fairly frustrating minutes just getting the bike assembled and getting the rider sitting on the bike.

Also very disappointed to find the wheels don't spin, guess I must have missed that in the reviews I read :(

And yes, getting the front wheel assemblies all connected up in bike mode was the most frustrating part. In the end I had to resort to super glue to glue in the pegs on the rear of the missile launchers (the ones that connect to the forks), as these pegs kept popping off the rear of the missile launcher panels. I also had problems getting the left missile launcher panel to stay connected to the metal pin that sticks out of the wheel, as the hole in the rear of the missile launcher panel seemed over-sized.

Still, when it was finally assembled, it looked quite nice and the plug that connects from the saddle into the rider's butt held the rider on very securely.

I'm sorta toying with the idea of hunting down a Beagle, the engineering looks awesome. The only thing that really puts me off is the cloth suit, which does make the figure look really doll like. I really hate cloth on action figures as it seldom looks good or lasts long. I would have far prefered that Beagle just molded those parts in plastic instead of using cloth.

Graham

I actually just took my CMs Ride Armor off the shelf recently with the intentions of packing it up and selling it. Aside from the already broken windshield, some other parts fell off/broke/Idon'tevencareanymore so it's now sitting at the bottom of a storage box where it probably wont be seen until it's dug up by an archaeologist.

As far as looks are concerned, the CMs is still my favorite design, but unfortunately it just doesn't like to be touched. The riders are still good figures though, so there's that. :/

I loath the way the ankle armor looks on the suited riders so I only display the CMs bikes with the rubber figs.

And never touch them. Sometimes when I just enter the room I can hear parts falling off.

I really do like the CMs collectable figures but my 4 year old daughter asked the other day- "Where's the girl with the pink hair?"

Meaning the Marlene / Ariel character (or whatever her Mospeada name was).

Bummed that Cms decided to do a Yellow in a dress rather than Ariel - a waste IMO...

(mint should have come with a black stand as well, instead of white)

post-8486-0-75492200-1328713495_thumb.jpg

I agree with the general opinion of the CM's being very fiddling and I totally how most can get frustrated by those but they are just too cool to pass, especially when most shops got rid of them with massive discounts ^_^

Here's my Mospeada corner, before things went out of control (now it's much much worse) :

Mospeada1.jpg

Mospeada2.jpg

I like the CM's for the Female Ride Armors, the Megahouses for the Male counterparts. When it comes to the Legioss, the Aoshima's represent the older AFC's, while their CM Dark Legioss, and Dark Pilotless represent the newer upgraded models. The Tread is the Tread, Aoshima all the way!

post-12515-0-28335000-1328728942_thumb.jpg

post-12515-0-83639700-1328729139_thumb.jpg

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

I'm not that big on the CMs figures for the ride armor. The way the joints are connected with screws, and the plastic that's on them make them pretty fragile. The one thing they get big kudos on, is the fact that they made them all, including some variants. I wish Megahouse made them all, as to me, those are better (although they have some serious issues as well).

I was excited about the megahouse when they first showed it off, but when I saw the Stick version in person I was immediately turned off. The proportions on the figure were hideous and the transformation wasn't great.

I've only opened the Stick version so far and to me it's a GI Joe scaled Gakken. The plastic does seem cheap and thin though. It's like they scaled down the thinness of the Gakken also.

Making an Ariel figure wouldn't be that hard, but the cost of printing it would turn a lot of people off, it's not even worth the effort. I think if I had a set of those figures I'd do it for myself. I should check how much it would be to print a figure that big.

I am way jealous of you guys and your Mospeada collections. Started fig collecting too late to pick up those gorgeous ride armors. Now if Yamato were to release some ride armors, I'd sell my pet dog to a Vietnamese hot pot restaurant to buy one [just kidding...sort of :p ]

And the Toynami Rand looks like Eric Stoltz about to stab Rook with an adrenaline needle.

BTW, this discussion is to blame for me recently buying a CMs Fuke ride armor. Can't wait to get it.

Just be very careful with the knees when you get your Fuke, or any other female ride armor figure. The knee is a very thin piece of plastic and it's very likely to break off the leg if you try to bend it the wrong way. But it might also be damaged out of the box sometimes. I fixed mine which was broken from the start by replacing the broken piece with a similar piece that I picked from a spare Mospeada male soldier figure (not the same piece of the knee which is too thick on male figures, but there's another similar part, I just can't remember which one).

Otherwise I llove mine, and it's the best looking Fuke that ever made it to mass-production, I'm sure you'll enjoy it despite its flaws!