Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

10 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Any idea on the chances of grabbing one of these off the shelves at retail? Will be in Tokyo next week.

If you get one could you post where you got it? Or any other Macross stuff you might come across. I'll be in Tokyo next month too would appreciate tips on the availability of Macross merchandise. :D

Going to pass on this one: wayyyy out of my price range, and I'm not going to pay extra for what should by now be standard. "Premium finish" should mean light weathering, better detailing and extras, NOT painting on what should be there to begin with.

13 hours ago, barurutor said:

There's a whole subforum dedicated to where to buy these things, online or at physical stores:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/forum/13-where-to-buy-macross-auctions-amp-dealers-specials/

I've already read them it's not that up to date. He will be there next week so it would be nice to know current status and how his hunt for stuff goes.

Edited by hachi
clarification

Not sure where else to post this question.

Has anyone else had some weird warping of the gun pod grip when left in the gun-grip hand for extended periods of time?  I've had the gun held in-hand in battroid and gerwalk for several weeks.  When I went to put it in fighter mode, I keep having a crooked gunpod mounted below the arms.  At first I thought it was the arms not lining up, but after several attempts, I realized it was the handle causing it to be crooked. 

I'm at work so I don't have a picture (could post one later, if necessary), but I don't know how much that would help (it is very hard to see).  The grip is just slightly warped/crooked; it still fits in the arms in fighter mode and in the hands, but it just has a slight bend towards the middle of the grip.

Is this a common thing?  Is there any real way to prevent this when leaving the gunpod in hand for extended periods of time?

1 hour ago, HardlyNever said:

Not sure where else to post this question.

Has anyone else had some weird warping of the gun pod grip when left in the gun-grip hand for extended periods of time?  I've had the gun held in-hand in battroid and gerwalk for several weeks.  When I went to put it in fighter mode, I keep having a crooked gunpod mounted below the arms.  At first I thought it was the arms not lining up, but after several attempts, I realized it was the handle causing it to be crooked. 

I'm at work so I don't have a picture (could post one later, if necessary), but I don't know how much that would help (it is very hard to see).  The grip is just slightly warped/crooked; it still fits in the arms in fighter mode and in the hands, but it just has a slight bend towards the middle of the grip.

Is this a common thing?  Is there any real way to prevent this when leaving the gunpod in hand for extended periods of time?

I remember there's a FAQ/Question thread pinned before but I can't seem to find it. Quick Questions or General Questions regarding toy is directed there.

Anyways, I never had problems with my Gunpod that was left for months in Battroid mode for it to get warped or crooked when it installed back under the arms in Fighter mode. It's very hard to imagine or to visualize what you're saying without a photo. The Gunpod plastic is so sturdy and thick for it to get warped or crooked just by holding it in Battroid mode. I'm assuming you retracted the grip before you mounted it in Fighter mode, correct? 

Will just wait for a photo so we can understand how it got warped or crooked. Thanks!

12 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I remember there's a FAQ/Question thread pinned before but I can't seem to find it. Quick Questions or General Questions regarding toy is directed there.

I asked Shawn in the feedback thread about the pinned threads as they had disappeared in the toys section. Here is his response below. The trick now is how to find them as I found some of the threads but not others.

We cleaned up some posts that were pinned for years...just stale. If they prove useful, please send me the direct link and I can re-pin

Shawn

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Anyways, I never had problems with my Gunpod that was left for months in Battroid mode for it to get warped or crooked when it installed back under the arms in Fighter mode. It's very hard to imagine or to visualize what you're saying without a photo. The Gunpod plastic is so sturdy and thick for it to get warped or crooked just by holding it in Battroid mode. I'm assuming you retracted the grip before you mounted it in Fighter mode, correct? 

Will just wait for a photo so we can understand how it got warped or crooked. Thanks!

Hey Noel.  Yeah I looked for the noob/FAQ thread, but it seems to have disappeared.

I fiddled with the gunpod in fighter mode some more and it is 95% straight now.  I'm not sure how much the handle is really warped, might have just been lighting/frustration when I was trying to get it straight.  I probably won't bother transforming it again until this weekend, so I won't have a pic until then.  Even then, it would be really hard to see what I was talking about in a pic, as the bend seems very minor.  I couldn't say with 100% certainty it wasn't like that when I got it, as I really haven't had it in fighter mode much.

Either way thanks for the reply.  I might update with a pic this weekend.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2017 at 5:01 PM, seti88 said:

Thanks for making my day lighter dude, intentional or otherwise..:lol:

Just stating a frank opinion, as if I would have purchased a Premium version, my entire collection of other will look out of place, unless I take out every valk and finish all the decals, big sweats if I would do that... lol

• 1 month later...

Arcadia announces Roy's 1S premium finish version.

IMG_2869.PNG

Since no3ljm is creating separate threads for the other releases, I thought I would bump this one with the official news.

Thanks to sh9000 for sharing the twitter pic.

Edited by technoblue

Guess some fan in japan wants the upcoming Strike Roy Premium and just sold his regular copy recently, as ami's now listing an A/B condition regular Strike Roy:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-018953-R006

Still priced high at almost 20k-yen, tho. 

An available new-condition is only at 21k-yen...

:unknw:

Edited by treatment

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Ok. Just want to confirm that this is the Regular and not Premium Finish.

Since we're sharing both versions on this thread, if anyone will post links please specify if it's the Regular or Premium Finish releases.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Ok. Just want to confirm that this is the Regular and not Premium Finish.

Since we're sharing both versions on this thread, if anyone will post links please specify if it's the Regular or Premium Finish releases.

Thanks!

I think its the regular reissue. I even get confused with all these releases.

Edited by monishb

3 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Yeah this is the "regular" "special" version; not the "premium" "special" version lol 

You can tell the difference because this is only $200 and not $300 ahaha