Poll: Where did you get your Macross toys?

stram8777

Where did you get your Macross toys?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Where did you get your Macross toys?

• Order them on-line, if so what store?
    • Got them at an actual store, meaning you picked them up at the same time?
    • Got them at a convention?
    • Another Macross Worlder?
    • Other?

I've done a little bit of everything. I 've bought some in person, ordered some online, bought yet others from MW members and won some on ebay.

As far as ordering on-line, I've bought from Valkyrie Exchange, Twin Moons, BigBadToyStore, ImageAnime, Joys Japimation and Marcia's Locker.

Edited by Weaseldancer

I order primarily from Kevin at V-E and Tamim at Twin Moons. I've also placed orders at BBTS, ImageAnime, and HobbyFan.

I have gotten a few things from fellow MW'ers, as well as some stuff at conventions, but I mainly rely on online retailers for quality Macross merchandise.

i bought a Hikaru Strike Banpresto from a comic shop, and decided to start posting here to ask if that was a good toy. once i had posted here for a while, i ordered a Super Max Yammie from Kevin at Valk Exchange. who would know, it would lead to a life of poverty??

:blink:

I've been getting most of my merchandise from fellow Macrossworlder's lately. But I've also been known to frequent E-Bay, HLJ.com, and I also just made my first purchase from ValkyrieExchange.com (2 1/48 Fast Packs).

Considering most people on the boards are in the States (I believe a lot of guys are in California ) Kevin´s Valkyrie Exchange is the most popular place online ,but for most people overseas HLJ does the job (shame they had to cut the UPS delivery service though , I haven´t check the serive nowadays but I hope is as good as it´s always been).I haven´t bought from Twin Moons but I plan to do when the M0 line comes out.

BigBadToyStore.com is the place for me. I've gotten all my 1/48s and a couple of 1/55s from Joel. I have NEVER had a problem with the packaging or the actual toy within.:) My FPs have been on pre-order since first made available. I order from VE whenever I need a dvd or t-shirt. I bought my first two Bandai chunky monkies at the Frank & Son Collectible Show.

I voted other, I normally get my Macross fix from Blasto-Toys or E-bay (certain reliable overseas/local sellers), which ever has the best deal at the time I'm buying. :ph34r:

I used HLJ fairly often before they had to switch to EMS. Now I buy my Macross stuff from Valkyrie Exchange primarily. I use HLJ for Gundams if I have a few to get, or if I find something on a good sale. I got my 1/48 VF-1A Hikaru from Animenation when they had it on clearance. They have a good sale from time to time, too.

Bought mine from Tamim at Twin Moons. The best online store in my opinion. :) Seecond come s Valk Exchange. I'll never buy anything from HLJ ever again...Five years ago I've ordered on two separate occasions and got nothing. By nothing I mean 1. no valks and 2. no money back. :angry:

Most of my valks came from some patient eBay-ing... the only scary part with that is the risk you take in having missing/broken parts, since no Hong Kong seller will be nearly as cool as Kevin (Valkyrie Exchange) or Tam (Twinmoons) with replacing anything. My 1/60 Super Max, for example, came without instructions or stickers, but luckily I found Devin's (Anasazi37...check the FOR SALE section) customs (which are superior decals anyway).

And recently, thanks to a recommendation in the old forums (tom, you rock!), I discovered a relatively local shop (just over the George Washington Bridge in NJ) that carries yamatos at seriously cheap prices...with incredible service, to boot. I just got an amazing deal on the 1/48 Low Vis and 1/72 VF-11B Fast Pack that no online shop could possibly beat (plus no troublesome shipping charges! woot!). He even threw in a World's Smallest Transformers figure for free, just for making the trek from CT to NJ. Willy's the man. I already have the 1/48 Fast Packs and Macross Mini Figure Collection box preordered from him. IMO, the 40 minute drive to NJ is well worth it, since there's nothing quite like physically walking out of a store with a new valk in your hands (and money left in your wallet). :)

Any other CT/NY/NJ folk, definitely check out:

Endless Cellular

147 Main St.

Fort Lee, NJ 07024

201-944-8898

Ask for William

-Dan

Got 'em online. All of them from Hobby Link Japan so far. Before getting the net, I simply had no access to any stores that sold them. Now I can find some Yamato's in hobby stores in the city where I live. However, the Yamato's I've seen in hobby shops or conventions are so outrageously expensive, its worth exchange, duty, shipping, and even the waiting to purchase them online.

Got 'em online. All of them from Hobby Link Japan so far. Before getting the net, I simply had no access to any stores that sold them. Now I can find some Yamato's in hobby stores in the city where I live. However, the Yamato's I've seen in hobby shops or conventions are so outrageously expensive, its worth exchange, duty, shipping, and even the waiting to purchase them online.

Let me tell you that the net is 100X better than most walk-in anime/collectibles shops. I have one about 5 min from me and they overcharge like Imageanime.com does. :blink:

Anime shops are horrible. There is local one here and they have Yammies. Get this...they want $129.99 a piece for Max and Millia Supers and $249.99 for the 1/48s. :blink:

The only Valks I have bought there were the Bandai M&Ms. I got them at $99 a piece. Yes it is expensive, but thats pretty much the going rate at the moment.