Arcadia gives some hope!!!

Cdisdope

Guest davidwhangchoi

yeah, the 30th anniv. TV valks did sell out fast but the DYRL ones sat on shelves for quite some time until the "panic"... i can still find a 30th anniv. CF for $100.

yeah, the CF don't count heehee :)

even during the panic their availability and price didn't change much lol

(angloz still as them for 79 and hkc for 110 for the anniversary.)

i think even dyrl kakizaki sold out faster than the mass during the panic

I think there was an error in the price of the guitar given by Cybergundam.

abeAPc7q.jpg

I do not read Japanese, but the price that would be 35,000 yen instead?

35,000 yen would be $341. That seems an unlikely price for the Valk.

Looking at this add more, the 1/60 info is up by the 6590 yen price so that's likely the price. Additionally, 1250mm is a bit huge for a valk at 49.21 inches.

As an aside, I want more info on those guitars :D

Edited by niomosy

Seems like Arcadia is planning to release more Macross toys. If so I only have two wishes. A VF-11C reissue (not gonna happen) and a VF-1J Milia Type from Mac7 (also not gonna happen). :(

Maybe not a straight reissue, but if they want to continue Yamato's designs under new management, all it will need is the one thing we don't have a lot of: time. I'm sure they will get round to at least a few designs, seeing as they are the only company doing the older valks and so there's no competition. Only thing to fear is a new macross series, as then Bandai will produce a new line-up and further shadow the older designs.

Seems like Arcadia is planning to release more Macross toys. If so I only have two wishes. A VF-11C reissue (not gonna happen) and a VF-1J Milia Type from Mac7 (also not gonna happen). :(

Macross 7 20th Anniversary in 2014...they can re-release all Mac 7 valks....plus add the Miria Mac 7 VF-1J to the lineup....and slap on a nifty 20th anniversary sticker!!! ;)

I would be glad if the (re-)release those Valkyries but I think even if Arcadia continues what Yamato started (not sure I'm that optimistic just because of 1 new VF-1 release) it is very unlikely that there will be a release of those particular designs. The VF-11C only became popular after the belly-up of Yamato before it was kind of a shelf-warmer and the VF-1J is not different enough from the VF-1J from SDF to justify a separate release. The best thing I can hope for is a re-release of the SDF Mirja Type VF-1J that includes black stickers for the stripes on the wings. Hope Arcadia proves me wrong.

I just want to finish the right side of the Macross 7 opening with Docker+Unknown Soldier as a replacement for Exsedol (yeah Exsedol is that awesome he can't be replaced by Docker alone). :D

Edited by Scyla

For me it´s quite simple. The VF-1 is the most popular Valkyrie everywhere in the world. FACT.

So it´s quite natural to relaunch the variable fighters line with the most known and most "amortised" mold.

Arcadia, IMHO, is going to relauch maybe all of the VF line. Maybe even the SDF-1. Why? Because the molds cost a fortune. And there´s no profit in letting them stay unused. Maybe not every variant (´cause even that is a waste of time) but the base model, no doubt.

Graham, you had contact with Yamato. Now that Arcadia have announced they VF continuing the line, didn´t you have any clue about that or were you in some kind of "embargo"? No pun intended, I´m just asking. Please don´t misunderstand me :)

So, VF-1 now. Maybe VF-4 later, and of course reissue of the VF-19 and YF-21.... and so on....

Just an opinion, without any fact of course... the same as "almost" everyone here :D haha

For me it´s quite simple. The VF-1 is the most popular Valkyrie everywhere in the world. FACT.

So it´s quite natural to relaunch the variable fighters line with the most known and most "amortised" mold.

Arcadia, IMHO, is going to relauch maybe all of the VF line. Maybe even the SDF-1. Why? Because the molds cost a fortune. And there´s no profit in letting them stay unused. Maybe not every variant (´cause even that is a waste of time) but the base model, no doubt.

Graham, you had contact with Yamato. Now that Arcadia have announced they VF continuing the line, didn´t you have any clue about that or were you in some kind of "embargo"? No pun intended, I´m just asking. Please don´t misunderstand me :)

So, VF-1 now. Maybe VF-4 later, and of course reissue of the VF-19 and YF-21.... and so on....

Just an opinion, without any fact of course... the same as "almost" everyone here :D haha

Graham has had contacts but there have been huge chunks of time when even he is completely in the dark. There's no guarantee he ever heard anything about this. He was even speculating that we wouldn't see anymore Macross stuff from Arcadia. It seems to me this is as much of a surprise to him as to any of us.

Its 350,000 yen actually. ...

Basara: Listen to my songs from my 350,000 yrn guitar!!

35,000 yen would be $341. That seems an unlikely price for the Valk.

Looking at this add more, the 1/60 info is up by the 6590 yen price so that's likely the price. Additionally, 1250mm is a bit huge for a valk at 49.21 inches.

As an aside, I want more info on those guitars :D

Guest davidwhangchoi

What would you rather have: a Ferrari or a replica body of a future concept Ferrari w/ a Toyota Camry engine for the same cost?

When collectors items become too close to real objects in terms of functionality with the same price range , it's silly.

even a Les Paul Custom doesn't cost that much, (if you don't know what that is then the Basara guitar is perfect for you)

I think it would be much better to commish Fender or an established guitar luthier to make a special instrument for Macross Fans for that price.

edit: i read skullmilitia post, of the ESP guitars... ehh, not my cup of tea... guitars like ibanez, jackson, etc. i guess this would be good for heavy metal guys.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

What would you rather have: a Ferrari or a replica body of a future concept Ferrari w/ a Toyota Camry engine for the same cost?

When collectors items become too close to real objects in terms of functionality with the same price range , it's silly.

I don't understand. What's silly?

It sounds like you believe the answer to your analogous question is so obvious, but clearly there are people who would like to drive around in something that looks like a future concept Ferrari. Considering you're hardly ever going to get any Ferrari to its top speed legally anyway, I can imagine that looks may be far more important to some.

In this case, however, Basara guitars have never existed in our world until now. How can you ask what one would rather have in this case, when there is only one option available? I have seen people -- mostly cosplayers -- make their own Basara guitars out of wood/plastic, etc, but they are not real guitars. This IS the real thing, hence the price. Even if it is not as good as other guitars in the same price range, there are no other functional Basara guitars out there.

I think it would be much better to commish Fender or an established guitar luthier to make a special instrument for Macross Fans for that price.

You are underestimating ESP, they are well established. They made a Mylene bass in the 90s.

post-1318-0-76964300-1369531289_thumb.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

I don't understand. What's silly?

It sounds like you believe the answer to your analogous question is so obvious, but clearly there are people who would like to drive around in something that looks like a future concept Ferrari. Considering you're hardly ever going to get any Ferrari to its top speed legally anyway, I can imagine that looks may be far more important to some.

In this case, however, Basara guitars have never existed in our world until now. How can you ask what one would rather have in this case, when there is only one option available? I have seen people -- mostly cosplayers -- make their own Basara guitars out of wood/plastic, etc, but they are not real guitars. This IS the real thing, hence the price. Even if it is not as good as other guitars in the same price range, there are no other functional Basara guitars out there.

it's an ESP so the japanese made ones are pretty expensive, as i mentioned sullmilitia's post before mine. these are the real thing and to some this may be as good as other guitars in the price range

it's an ESP so the japanese made ones are pretty expensive, as i mentioned sullmilitia's post before mine. these are the real thing and to some this may be as good as other guitars in the price range

Agreed. May I suggest we move this guitar discussion over to the dedicated thread, though? This one is just for Arcadia general speculation discussion.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=35086&page=3

Guest davidwhangchoi

You are underestimating ESP, they are well established. They made a Mylene bass in the 90s.

no i'm not. my first post mentions this is for a specific player, not well known as others guitars but does cost high esp if it's Japanese made not the USA versions.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Its 350,000 yen actually. ...

Basara: Listen to my songs from my 350,000 yrn guitar!!

yup, it's 350,000 yen. it won't be surprising for guitar pros. super top grade musical instruments can cost many times more.

I was replying to someone claiming it 35,000 so I was simply going with their number. But, yes, instruments can go for much more than that. I know. I have a bass that ran me a lot more than $3400 though my PRS cost less. I suspected the price was for the guitars but wasn't positive.

As to the guitar talk, why would they bother commissioning Fender when they've got ESP? ESP does a lot of customs in Japan. Not sure what the case of Fender in Japan is, they could well be limited like ESP USA. Also, the ESP Japan costs should be higher. ESP Japan seems to do far more in their custom shop. Just check out ESP Japan's custom gallery: http://www.espguitars.co.jp/ordermade/gallery/index.html

Personally, I wouldn't bother with Fender either. ESP's quality control is a bit better while Fender loves to ride on name recognition.

Edited by niomosy

I've had no contact with my friend, the CEO (former CEO?) of Yamato for a few months now. No reply to emails or text messages :(

Graham

Wow! Even now they are tight lipped about the whole thing. Looks like we are not out of the woods quite yet and the future of Arcadia Valkyries isn't firm yet.

Guest davidwhangchoi

As to the guitar talk, why would they bother commissioning Fender when they've got ESP?

Personally, I wouldn't bother with Fender either. ESP's quality control is a bit better while Fender loves to ride on name recognition

(Fender was just an example of a recognized brand prior to seeing it's ESP) ESP has low end stuff (USA made) and high end(Japan) similar to Ibanez (made in Korea vs. the high end Japan made stuff) Fender is no different, offering low end and high end gear. so unless you own an ESP or Fender Master Class at that price point, there's no point in discussing quality control.

Agreed. May I suggest we move this guitar discussion over to the dedicated thread, though? This one is just for Arcadia general speculation discussion.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=35086&page=3

agree.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I'm hoping we see some Macross releases from Arcadia. I am later to the game on the Yamato releases, but I've been able to acquire a few via trade recently, and I LOVE the designs! i've got 2 of the version 2 VF-1's, plus the Olive Drab Defender Destroid. Love the designs, and I would like to get more.

A bigger picture of the July Hyper Hobby post

*If the picture shows up sideways, my apologies...I'm uploading from an iPhone and don't know how to rotate on the site. The picture shows up right-side up when I initially choose it.*

post-15437-0-80978600-1369672126_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cdisdope

*If the picture shows up sideways, my apologies...I'm uploading from an iPhone and don't know how to rotate on the site*

That's why I love android :)

EDIT: If they wanted to make a tuxedo valk they should have opted for more black on the paint scheme.

Edited by Gian

Guest davidwhangchoi

A bigger picture of the July Hyper Hobby post

*If the picture shows up sideways, my apologies...I'm uploading from an iPhone and don't know how to rotate on the site. The picture shows up right-side up when I initially choose it.*

nice a large pic! thanks. this + the possible minmay guard. exciting times @ arcadia.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Thanks for the bigger pic :)

If anything, I like the head but the rainbow-ish striping on the rest of the Valk is bad. I hope that Minmay guard is a real thing!

Edited by xrentonx

can anyone translate this?

yf-19!なるほど!

It's from their twitter account as part of a conversation.

ummm where can i find the entire conversation? been looking on their twitter account.