Arcadia gives some hope!!!

Cdisdope

Guest davidwhangchoi

C'mon guys. It's first Macross item by a new company whose current flagship item is sexy doll figures.

While the design is colorful anniversary theme with 100 water decal logos and it (might) comes with cheap looking display base, we still gotta support if we can. :ph34r:

Cdisdope and Mommar; I never intend to argue whose Japanese is better, and I'm not a native Japanese speaker either. I just studied it for a couple of months a while ago. I just kept reading Japanese books and manga to improve it. I'll shut up now and never put translation again.

nobody cares! keep translating, it's really helpful to have more than one person who can translate and comment on it's meaning. keep debating! i don't care.

C'mon guys. It's first Macross item by a new company whose current flagship item is sexy doll figures.

While the design is colorful anniversary theme with 100 water decal logos and it (might) comes with cheap looking display base, we still gotta support if we can. :ph34r:

Cdisdope and Mommar; I never intend to argue whose Japanese is better, and I'm not a native Japanese speaker either. I just studied it for a couple of months a while ago. I just kept reading Japanese books and manga to improve it. I'll shut up now and never put translation again.

I'm not really sure why you've decided not to keep translating. I'm grateful you've provided this service. Lord knows I can't read a lick of Japanese.

Nice. How would that hold up to the weight of these valks?

Never knew those things were for sale. Quicky google search said it can hold up to a weight of 13oz, that's roughly a pound, a 1/60 v2 VF-1 weight close to two pounds. :(

The VF-29 on the levitron looked like 1/72 model, those are super light.

Antibioticab, if that's your display piece, have any Yammies to try and see if it can hold up?

I would so buy a bunch of this things. :p

Never knew those things were for sale. Quicky google search said it can hold up to a weight of 13oz, that's roughly a pound, a 1/60 v2 VF-1 weight close to two pounds. :(

The VF-29 on the levitron looked like 1/72 model, those are super light.

Antibioticab, if that's your display piece, have any Yammies to try and see if it can hold up?

I would so buy a bunch of this things. :p

nah, a naked VF-1 with basic armament only weighs 8 oz. A fully loaded VF-1 with Super and Strike pack + armament weighs just over 13 oz. I imagine if you take away the armament it'd be under 13 oz.

Having said that, don't those things work based on magnetic field? If so the minimal diecast on the v2 VF-1 will be just sitting on them, no?

Edit: nevermind, just saw the first video and saw the little rounded plate that a valk can sit on. :)

Edited by locidm

Having tried one of these maglev stands previously (similar to the silver chromed one, and promptly returned), I can only say that these stands are a b*tch to set (maybe its really just me).

Before you can even start to display the intended piece, you must 1st get the platform to float.... this already takes quite a bit of practice.

Then comes the intended display piece. you need to make sure the centre of gravity is right in the centre of the floating platform, else the display will come tumbling down.

Edited by BlueMax

Guest davidwhangchoi

web exclusive like the vf-4g? i guess arcadia doesn't have much faith it will sell well at retailers. hopefully, it'll become rare and collectible as it's saving grace.

Web exclusive is the smart way, build to order.

The more they order the cheaper it becomes.

Moving bottom line is a good strategy.

If they get 160$ ea, cost is 100$ ea. for 1000 units.

Factory will probably discount for more, which would just

Increase profit margins.

How many times we the collectors have been burned by something announced to be a high priced collectible ends up valued at less than msrp and then the one forgotten item no one cared about ends up being worth a lot :p I think we as collectors have to do our part to support Arcadia to keep the good Valkyries coming.

Today! I'll order it when the pre-order opens and worry about its design later.

Arcadia! I'm making this exception only once this time!! :ph34r:

Cdisdope; I didn't want you to feel like I hijacked your thread by putting random translation, but I guess that's not the case. I'm bad at reading mood :wacko: All good. let's go on with Arcadia' new journey and stuff..

From CyberGundam Link

「超時空要塞マクロス」より、マクロスTV放映30周年を記念した「VF-1記念機体」を商品化。30周年特別マーキングデザインを天神英貴氏に依頼。監
修は河森正治氏。機体はTVシリーズにちなみ、主人公機でもある「VF-1J」での商品化になり、記念デザインの特徴として、機体全体も斬新なトリコロー
ル調で鮮やかに施してあり、さらに歴代マクロスタイトルロゴをあしらえるデザイン。尚、プラモデルの「ハセガワ」との共同企画。30周年として特別に「専
用簡易スタンド」を同梱。*本商品には、商品イメージの様なマーキングは施されておりません。付属のマーキングステッカー、又はデカールを貼った作例にな
ります、あらかじめご注意ください。

[セット内容]ガンポッド、ミサイルポッド、3連式対空ミサイル、搭乗用パイロットフィギュア、TV版ポージング用ハンドパーツ、専用簡易スタンド、スタンド用アタッチメント、マーキングステッカー、水転写デカール、取扱説明書

-comes with gun-pod, missile pod, triple anti-air missile, pilot figure, TV hand parts, simple stand, attachements for stand, marking sticker, water-slide decal, manual..

Today! I'll order it when the pre-order opens and worry about its design later.

Arcadia! I'm making this exception only once this time!! :ph34r:

Cdisdope; I didn't want you to feel like I hijacked your thread by putting random translation, but I guess that's not the case. I'm bad at reading mood :wacko: All good. let's go on with Arcadia' new journey and stuff..

Dude...stop being dramatic. Translate away! :) Your translations are ALWAYS welcome.

Edited by Cdisdope

Guest davidwhangchoi

From CyberGundam Link

「超時空要塞マクロス」より、マクロスTV放映30周年を記念した「VF-1記念機体」を商品化。30周年特別マーキングデザインを天神英貴氏に依頼。監

修は河森正治氏。機体はTVシリーズにちなみ、主人公機でもある「VF-1J」での商品化になり、記念デザインの特徴として、機体全体も斬新なトリコロー

ル調で鮮やかに施してあり、さらに歴代マクロスタイトルロゴをあしらえるデザイン。尚、プラモデルの「ハセガワ」との共同企画。30周年として特別に「専

用簡易スタンド」を同梱。*本商品には、商品イメージの様なマーキングは施されておりません。付属のマーキングステッカー、又はデカールを貼った作例にな

ります、あらかじめご注意ください。

[セット内容]ガンポッド、ミサイルポッド、3連式対空ミサイル、搭乗用パイロットフィギュア、TV版ポージング用ハンドパーツ、専用簡易スタンド、スタンド用アタッチメント、マーキングステッカー、水転写デカール、取扱説明書

-comes with gun-pod, missile pod, triple anti-air missile, pilot figure, TV hand parts, simple stand, attachements for stand, marking sticker, water-slide decal, manual..

does it say it will come with option parts or will it be like the cavalier w/o option parts?

the photos are so black under the arm pits it's hard to tell and i haven't seen "the behind the neck" piece.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

better pictures on their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/%E3%82%A2%E3%83%AB%E3%82%AB%E3%83%87%E3%82%A3%E3%82%A2/510346885676271

No option parts on the pictures :blink:

looks like no option parts... but pre-ordered one anyways @ hlj

thanks usagiz!!!!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

I wonder if this mold has the same holes to put in the Super/Strike Pack. I have a spare lying around, and if it fits, why not put it on anyway...

yes, it fits. it's the same exact mold. if you look at the gerwalk photo you can see the holes for the super packs

971077_567354739975485_481323913_n.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

I doubt they'll be super/strike parts, it will block part of Tenjin's peyote trip, besides, the Hasegawa kit comes with no FP, and every past Hasegawa special anniversary VF-1 came without FP.

i think he's asking if a yamato super packs will fit, which it will...

you can preorder and then cancel, you have until August if you ever change your mind.

I...hate you! :) :)

Preordered and I'll decide at the end of July. The one saving grace is that it's a nicer scheme than the Angel Birds...yeah, I said it! :)