Arcadia gives some hope!!!

Cdisdope

you're right, i can't see the question. based on the response, probably went something like "can you make a new yf-19?"

ご返信遅れました!yf-19!なるほど!開発に伝えておきますね!(。・∀・)ノ

translation: I'm responding late! yf-19! i see! I will let the development department know! (。・∀・)ノ

doesn't really reveal anything.

Edited by cyde01

I just read that Takara Tomy is forcing 100 employees to retire.

http://toyokeizai.net/articles/-/13150

That's pretty shocking. And that is from a company many times larger than Arcadia that has hugely successful toy franchises in America that sell out consistently. The sells on Masterpiece Transformers would eclipse anything that Yamato and Bandai did with Macross combined in the last 10 years. It's just a bigger market.

I think this discussion about Yamato turning into Arcadia and continuing on in its previous fashion is really inside a little bubble that we've created. We have people who say they have sources, and people talking bad about other peoples sources. but the fact remains that the Japanese economy is in the toilet right now, and probably will continue be for the extended future. This is partly due to the global downturn that is still going on, and partly from the Tsunami. The Yen has been dropping all year and I think there are two things we have to keep in mind:

1. Transforming toys are expensive to develop, and due to this don't make a lot of money because of a small margin of profit. (Hard for us to believe for the prices we pay!)

2. Macross is a small market with NO visible show, or movie on the horizon to prop up sales. Frontier was in 07-08! (And that's why you should pray for a crappy American movie my friends.)

Also, I'm not trying to spread doom and gloom and get peoples hopes down, I'm just trying to be realistic. Obviously, I was wrong about the 1/60 30th Anni that Arcadia is planning, and I don't mind admitting when I am wrong.

But, I think that Yamato's height in the late 00's will come to be known as the golden age of Macross toys, and we probably won't see anything like it again. The release schedule, depth of releases (Plus, 7, Votoms, Destroids, ect.) and the innovation and quality of Yamato are probably a thing of the past.

Toys are a luxury, and will only ever be plentiful in healthy robust economies. Cost of production will also, only increase.

Edited by Gakken85

I was chatting with a small shop owner last week. He mainly sells Kamen Rider products.

If anyone has been following the SHF line, the Rider X was released last week. To me, it is quite a popular character as it was from the first generation. However, the price dropped almost right away upon its release, and not because of its quality. According to the shop owner, owing to the bad Japan economy, they ship out most of the stock to overseas. The ample supply drives down the price -- and he expects it to go even lower.

I suspect it is a similar case with the VF-171 canon fodder. While I am happy to get my toys cheap, this is not a healthy sign in the long run. The Japan market is half dead if this is true. Bad sales lead to lower R&D budgets. We may not see many side-kick characters along the toy lines.

Spartan! Phalanx!

Yes, that was why Prime Minister Abe got elected. Japanese businesses WANT the yen to drop. A high yen is bad for exports (as most fans here well know), so Abe is deliberately lowering the yen.

True and I think i heard on the news that the Japanese Economy is doing better because their exports are going to be cheaper. If I remember correctly the Japanese economy is depending on strong exports because their domestic market is stagnating due to a society that is not growing.

So we should all support the Japanese (toy-) companies buy buying lots and lots of their products. We should all have our private museum of Japanese toys!

To the credit cards! ^_^

Latest Dengeki Hobby shots of the Arcadia 30th VF1J

My best translation:

In a joint project with Hasegawa, Arcadia will release a product to commemorate the "one that started it all": "The Macross 30th Anniversary Edition VF-1J", Perfect Transformation TOY. The coloring scheme was put in all directions to make an impact in all three forms; without complaint, the VF-1's past is at its strongest!

Decal/sticker sheet and water transfer decals are included.

A recognisable anniversary logo is on the center of the aircraft.

The aircraft comes with armament. Stand not included.
Using the stand in the picture, you can display the aircraft easily.

post-15437-0-47302000-1369735189_thumb.jpg

post-15437-0-11874900-1369735240_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cdisdope

I don't know if it's "valk desperation" or what, but every time I take another look at it I think, "well, it's actually not that bad".

Well you're not an MWer if you're not constantly looking for another "hit".

I'll look forward to pictures here by members when it's out.

Honestly I do not like the Arcadia 30th 1J. It is ugly and expensive.

How difficult it is to secure the license to make the Minmay Guards?

And the Thunder Hammer (ok, this requires new mold)

And also I want an Alaska Base 1A...

Huh? So how much of these complicated stuff are painted on?

I think the pictures shows all the tampo coloring. The extra decals/stickers are probably no different from the sheets offered in previous VF releases. This is just my assumption, though.

Guest davidwhangchoi

So for the price, we are getting these 2 things in one package? Hell no.

770698851.jpg

that's the Hassegawa waterslide sheet, correct? cant' read japanese, as the sign on top sign 1/72

So for the price, we are getting these 2 things in one package? Hell no.

relax, I'm sure whatever you see in the picture is what the figure will look like straight out of the box. The extra decals are probably the stickers you can apply near the intake, cockpit, etc. (no step/UN Spacy/danger/numbers) Like I said above, the sticker sheets are probably similar to the ones that were included with past VF releases.

that's the Hassegawa waterslide sheet, correct? cant' read japanese, as the sign on top sign 1/72

Yes, that's the Hasegawa's decals.

We still don't know whether the Arcadia version is in a finished, painted, assembled toy with option decal sheet

OR

it could be a kit with Hasegawa water slide decals.

relax, I'm sure whatever you see in the picture is what the figure will look like straight out of the box. The extra decals are probably the stickers you can apply near the intake, cockpit, etc. (no step/UN Spacy/danger/numbers) Like I said above, the sticker sheets are probably similar to the ones that were included with past VF releases.

We sure hope so.

Huh? So how much of these complicated stuff are painted on?

If I were to guess, I think all of the stripes and colors will be painted on but all of the "anniversary markings" (ie. the words and logos) would be stickers/water slide decals. Which would probably be good because that'll give one options to mark it as they wish.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Yes, that's the Hasegawa's decals.

We still don't know whether the Arcadia version is in a finished, painted, assembled toy with option decal sheet

OR

it could be a kit with Hasegawa water slide decals.

whew! thought you found new pics for the 1/60 in another toys daily thread!

As to whether it's a kit or not, sorry................I left one important word out of the translation. It said "TOY", so it's not a kit. And at that price, a kit would be ridiculously expensive and no one would buy it. I'm convinced it's just as good as a Yamato release.

Guest davidwhangchoi

As to whether it's a kit or not, sorry................I left one important word out of the translation. It said "TOY", so it's not a kit. And at that price, a kit would be ridiculously expensive and no one would buy it. I'm convinced it's just as good as a Yamato release.

nice! i think i got a little heart broke on the minmay guard hoax, so i'm sensitive to any speculation... this looks good!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Well that confirms they are just taking white VF1 stock and throwing a new sticker sheet in the box haha.

• Decal/sticker sheet and water transfer decals are included.
  • A recognisable anniversary logo is on the center of the aircraft.
  • The aircraft comes with armament. Stand not included.

Really? No stand for $160 bucks?

Edited by Gakken85

I was never one for these special anniversary versions. Eventually I'll get that custom battle damaged weathered Max DYRL VF-1S. I don't see why Arcadia isn't making that as that's the only notable in anime valkyrie that I really want.

Well, if it were all waterslide decals I would know exactly how I would trim the decals to remove some of the different/brighter colors. For instance the yellow and blue lines on top of the head. I'd only leave the red stripe.

Also of note, the canopy color.

Edited by Mommar

Still no news on the supposed new the extra gimmicks?

Based on the latest battroid pics, it looks like it's exactly the same as the Yamato v.2 VF-1. Can't see though if it has option parts or not. For the price, it SHOULD include a stand imo. Edited by m0n5t3r

If I were to guess, I think all of the stripes and colors will be painted on but all of the "anniversary markings" (ie. the words and logos) would be stickers/water slide decals. Which would probably be good because that'll give one options to mark it as they wish.

That's what I'd guess too.