Live-action Robotech Movie

zulu

• 1 month later...

A couple of old podacsting buddies just did an interview with Kevin McKeever regarding this movie. Unfortunately they were not able to bring me in on it, but they are going to send me it first along with notes of what happened before and after to get my analysis. Apparently he was quite squirrelly during the interview, especially regarding the rights issue. THis should be an interesting listen. Once it goes live I will post the link with my reactions.

Props to an old friend Zen72 for ultimately being vindicated on all fronts by this movie not going anywhere for a decade, I guess karma finally reaching McKeever for being a huckster, and the official website/forum reduced by internal problems to looking like nothing more than a blog.

Edited by Einherjar

Is he even employed by HG any more? I figured when they got rid of the forums his job would be the first to go. Maybe they were able to just drop him to part-time or call him a paid intern.

What are you talking about? They didn't "get rid of the forums". The forums transcended this plane of existence and moved to a higher one. Just like Dave Bowman at the end of 2001.

http://tggeeks.com/blog/2016/02/01/tg-geeks-webcast-episode-58/

So the interview posted. According to McKeever, "Sony has the rights to make a live action film based on all 85 episodes of robotech, and can approach it from any direction they want." He repeats that at least three times. Still listening to it now, LOL, a lot of BS coming out of his mouth.

Edited by Knight26

So the interview posted. According to McKeever, "Sony has the rights to make a live action film based on all 85 episodes of robotech, and can approach it from any direction they want." He repeats that at least three times. Still listening to it now, LOL, a lot of BS coming out of his mouth.

Sony Pictures lawyers are probably going to take a different view if they look into the matter in detail

Not doing anything with it for a few years counts as an approach, right? Just like what Warner Bros. ultimately did?

Edited by Einherjar

Hey guys, any chance of keeping this to actual new when (yeah, yeah, I know) something actually happens? I'm not even going to bother going anywhere else for "news" on this topic and popping in here every update takes more effort than it is worth...

The Forbes interview doesn't count?