Because clear windshields lead to mis-matched paint. See MP Sideswipe. (also, clear plastic is weaker)

Also, it seems the windshield splits into several pieces as part of the transformation---it'd look ugly in clear with all the seams and hinges.

Overlord! :-)

Why is gigatank WFC Brawl and Megajet a boat?

:edit:

and apparently they combine to form a G.I.Joe toy...

BTS-Nova-Lord-02_1359099351.jpg

That just furthers my opinion that Wildrider and Dead End should be switched. You know, make the Ferrari a Ferrari.... (Plus the paint job worked so much better for Dead End as the fake concept car)

Yeah, at this point I'm completely sold on Breakdown and on the fence on the rest. If they nail Motormaster as perfectly as Breakdown I'll be getting all 5 Just to have the full team and combined mode. otherwise I may just be getting Breakdown by himself.

Edited by anime52k8

I thought it, odd, though forgivable to not like the YF-23, but this is just too much.

:lol:

Oh come on, the FXX looks like an Enzo with a cheap ricer body kit slapped on it. At least it doesn't have the stupid projector headlight blisters that the Real FXX does, but I'd like it a lot better if they had gone with a regular Enzo body style.

either way I'm with david on this though, if they're going to put a ferrari on the team it should be wildrider. And I'd much rather see Dead End as a Carrera GT.

I am liking Mastermind's Predaking. It's got that thick, chunky look of the G1 toy.

:edit:

BTW, I don't have either of the botcon toys that could ware the new battletanker set, but I want one just because it's badass. I wonder how the magnus set will look on the RTS version of the mold... :unsure:

Edited by anime52k8

I don't want to de-rail the discussions of the not-Stunticons and not-Predaking, but I'm kind of thinking about buying my first third-party Transformer.

...no, not Hercules and/or Giant. Too rich for my blood, at the moment.

Actually, I was re-arranging my Classics shelves, and thinking about how much I dislike Classic Megatron (specifically the Voyager, although the Deluxe is worse). He's not particularly poseable, his fusion cannon is on the wrong side of his arm, his colors are hideous, etc. So I was kind of thinking about getting Hegemon, who looks really good.

So, opinions? I've heard he has some QC issues. He also seems to be kind of hard to find; can anyone suggest a good place to buy him?

Just curious, is anyone preordering the Mastermind's not-predaking? There seem to be discounted price for the preorder. The first discount offer had already expired and I didn't make the move, I was thinking should I wait for the complete set to be available.

Odds are good that they'll reveal the next figure when the pre-order bonus window for this one expires.

I'm pre-ordering as they come---no reason not to via BBTS or most of the other places that carry these---can always cancel later if you don't like how things are going---none of these will actually be out for a while. (except Breakdown, who is likely only a couple weeks away)

Plus, selling off almost-new-barely-used 3rd party stuff is usually pretty easy if you decide you don't want it after you've got it.

I don't want to de-rail the discussions of the not-Stunticons and not-Predaking, but I'm kind of thinking about buying my first third-party Transformer.

...no, not Hercules and/or Giant. Too rich for my blood, at the moment.

Actually, I was re-arranging my Classics shelves, and thinking about how much I dislike Classic Megatron (specifically the Voyager, although the Deluxe is worse). He's not particularly poseable, his fusion cannon is on the wrong side of his arm, his colors are hideous, etc. So I was kind of thinking about getting Hegemon, who looks really good.

So, opinions? I've heard he has some QC issues. He also seems to be kind of hard to find; can anyone suggest a good place to buy him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu6LPJm0p7o&list=UUvYdjXAF9BCF6Z1kSGmFCOA&index=14 I got a review of him here if it helps. I like the figure in terms of a classics figure. He's a bit tall though compared to the dlx figures and of course optimus. Mine has a loose fusion cannon and I believe a shoulder piece has popped out several times. You'll need to be careful of his chest area near his head, it just sits in place it doesn't snap or stick together which is why there's scotch tape on it when you get it out of the box.

I like the figure in terms of a classics figure. He's a bit tall though compared to the dlx figures and of course optimus. Mine has a loose fusion cannon and I believe a shoulder piece has popped out several times. You'll need to be careful of his chest area near his head, it just sits in place it doesn't snap or stick together which is why there's scotch tape on it when you get it out of the box.

See, I think he looks good, but the quality just doesn't seem to be $100-good.

May I ask where you got him? He doesn't seem to be at the usual spots.

holly crap: image

I didn't realize how much I didn't want a FoC Omega Supreme toy until I saw one. I've got the usual complaints about his tiny, skinny legs and his crotch that makes Titanium Soundwave look kinda normal, but I can't deny that it's very spot on. I don't feel like I'm settling on Year of the Snake Omega, I actually prefer him for my Classics shelves.

I didn't realize how much I didn't want a FoC Omega Supreme toy until I saw one. I've got the usual complaints about his tiny, skinny legs and his crotch that makes Titanium Soundwave look kinda normal, but I can't deny that it's very spot on. I don't feel like I'm settling on Year of the Snake Omega, I actually prefer him for my Classics shelves.

Yeah I hadn't seen him in very many of the usual channels as well. I had to get him off ebay, I think with shipping I spent $112. Not a bad deal but I have noticed several other owners having a silver hegemon where as mine is a dark gray. I don't know if they customized theirs or not.

This store has Hegemon: Chimungmung. I got my Art Feather Bumblebee from them, no hassles. Apparently, there are already KO's of Hegemon, so that may explain the difference in color.

Relevant to post again---it came out a while ago, but everywhere I go only has a blurry screen-cap of it from a slide-show, not the actual drawing:

FPmenasor.jpg

That is FP's Menasor. Though if it's anything like MMC's Predaking, a lot could have changed since then.