The M-21-inspired scheme is better IMHO as it's more or less a real Blackbird scheme:

silverboltm21.jpg

Still---the "wings" on the sides of Sivlerbolt's chest shield were the most distinctive part of Superion's chest---and that's the one part they're not using!

(my mentally-envisioned XB-70 version uses the canards as hip armor-flaps for combined mode)

you know, the problem with this isn't that there's a giant block of robot strapped to the bottom of an SR-71. it's that the giant block of block of robot is strapped to a really poor representation of the SR-71 which completely frakks up the proportions and lines that make the real plane so sexy.

at least with leader Jetfire if you lopped off all the robot bits you'd still have a decent looking SR-71 from the top. Even if you ignore the robot kibble on this one, it's still a F*cked up SR-71.

I had mentioned that earlier---that Jetfire was a better SR-71.

If you take a good look though---I think this is a better SR-71, than Phantom is an F-4. From above, that's REALLY not an F-4's profile.

Eagle's not much better---check tailfins and canopy. (wings are much better than Phantom's though)

I have to agree with you there. Maybe if Leader Jetfire hadn't pulled off the Blackbird look from the top, it wouldn't be such a glaring different. I mean honestly, Jetformers have underside kibble in general, I'm used to that, I don't care at this point but that kinda falls by the wayside if the airplane it's trying to hide under still looks like crap.

Still better than the Energon version, though.

Lol. So much for robots in disguise. These things look awful. I liked FP Bruticus, though. I wonder how easy it will be to get the reissue sets (Hasbro set + the FP toys). I haven't decided to get it, but if I eventually do, I don't want to end up with just one set and not the other, as you need both, obviously.

MMC is my favourite 3rd party right now. The amount of extra little play features they are cramming in their releases is fantastic. That shows love and care for what they are doing.

Seeker choo choo time!

• 2 weeks later...

Art Feather’s Bumblebee came in the mail yesterday. Here’s a mini-review:

Included in the box is a silver gun for Bee, an in-scale figure of Spike and his lunchbox (I think), and a sticker sheet.

Pros:

-Excellent looking alt mode, it’s the VW Beetle HasTak will probably never bring out.

-Details like wipers and mirrors are a nice touch.

-The finish on the re-shell parts is very glossy and feels crisp, like it won’t melt on your fingers (i.e. Classics Prowl and Ironhide)

-Rubber tires! I don’t think MP Sideswipe even has rubber tires.

-No floppiness, the joints are quite tight on this one.

Cons:

-Front tires rub against wheel wells, preventing them from rolling.

-Chromed out parts for knees and part of the chest frame. The chrome works for the bumpers, but I don’t like it in bot mode.

-Plastic bot parts clash with the re-shell alt mode parts-they’re just a teensy bit more vibrant than the banana yellow car shell parts.

-Head reminds you this is still a knockoff. It lost some detail compared to its Classics counterpart (badly sculpted mouth, lack of yellow “chin”, no light piping-eyes are painted on)

All in all, I like it. I was already planning a custom re-shell of Bee so this saves me a ton of work. Additionally, I can manhandle it like Classics Bee-something I probably wouldn’t be able to do with any custom attempt on my part. I figure a little Dremel work and some parts swapping with Classics Bee will fix most of my gripes. And swapping parts should be easy because except for the re-shell parts, all the bot mode parts match.

AF3t.jpg AF2t.jpg AF1t.jpg

Ya know, as someone who owns a TW Hegemon, I DO like their designs and their ability to make a nicely IDW esque accurate figure. But the price is just so high to me right now. I want to see what they'll release for future throttle bots before I even really consider buying one. It doesn't even need to be a gestalt either I'm happy with individual figures as long as they're being released fast enough. The craze over combiners is just insane right now.

And as for TFC's Not superion, I don't even own hercules and I'm very happy with my original Energon/RotF Superion figures with their Fansproject upgrades. I'd much rather see a Technobots, Terrorcon and Protectobot figures right now than everyone else doing the same thing.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been wanting the TFC Hercules more and more... but yikes that's expensive. Wonder if I should buy it in pieces to absorb the cost over 6 months or so. Looking at the faceoff with the Maketoys Giant, makes me like some of each especially the detents/joints on the Giant.

Clear pics of the jet modes were posted days ago. They look like crap, far inferior to the F-4 and F-15. The Harrier is like an over-sized Harrier II wing on a Jaguar body with a Sea Harrier nose. And that does mean it has a Jaguar's twin rear nozzles. (you really can't see the area well, but something is VERY VERY VERY wrong there)

The F-16 is just pathetic. I never knew the F-16 had a flat-topped fuselage with the wings mounted right on top and a rear fuselage twice as wide as the engine itself.

PS---I think they made the Harrier so that the wings cannot angle downwards, they go straight out sideways. Which is very un-Harrier-like:

harrier-head-on.jpg

Well here's the thing....other than silverbolt I don't think the overall accuracy should matter THAT much. With Hercules none of those were accurately construction vehicles. Also I am not a jet enthusiast so it doesn't botther me as much as others and considering the mass majority of buyers probably fall into my category I think it will be fine. I find that the bots and jets look pretty good to my novice eye and that's all that matters to me. Now back to Silverbolt, yeah no....that's just overall bad in so many ways.

Edited by kanedaestes