The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

How is MP Grimlock's mold "old", wear-wise? It's not like he's had run after run, with a massive production run each time.

The Predacons are still going strong, after multiple reissues, and after a MASSIVE G1 run. Any single G1 run was several times larger than any MP mold has ever been used.

The only molds I can recall being used so much that they're noticeably "wearing out" are the Combaticons (since they come in about a dozen colors, with many being mass releases), maybe G1 Prime, and the Classics Seeker (since there's a zillion colors).

They're not MP Gundam kits, where the tolerance is .001in and you can tell after the first run that there's been .05% mold degradation in the panel lines and joint-hinge friction.

Guest davidwhangchoi

"ME GRIMLOCK SAY MY MOLD IS KING!?!"

i gotta avoid this thread. now i want an MP besides SW... tryin to stick to macross...

BTW guys. The Takara Cybertron con Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock is up for sale on RJ.

BUT you have to get the Henkei Jetfire with it and it's $350 bucks. With shipping you're talking at least $400 dollars.

Glad I ordered off Luna for $250 shipped :p

I too, got King Grimlock on preorder from Luna. The original king grimlock was also at $250 here in the states, I didn't pick one up at the time cause I thought it was too expansive. Then after it was sold out, the price went double. Now I got my second chance.

Good deal Valkyrie!

So BBTS also has the Jetfire/Grimlock combo for $400 bucks.

If that's your thing! Personally I wouldn't want a crappy chug jetfire for another $150 bucks.

I think Lunar said he is selling some at the NYCC this weekend, and might put up a second round of PO's, though I don't know if their will be a cost increase.

Edited by Gakken85

I went to my Target last night. Looks like they moved everything around and restocked the Transformers, which is pretty cool. They had that Legends class Abominus, which seemed pretty cool except for the fact that the combined size is maybe around a Voyager class. Unfortunately, the only new Generations guys they had were pieces of the Wreckers repaint of Bruticus.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Oh Yeah, i can join the glee crew now out of the envy room...

TRU sent a gigantic box. so no dents or damage...

Some pics of shipping box and outer contents:

photo1_zpsf00e2e9a.jpg

photo2_zps6655c850.jpg

photo4_zpsbab7196a.jpg

photo_zpsdbbfaab5.jpg

photo5_zps13cd2835.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

Awesome, David! Glad you finally got it.

Anyway, time for moar non-SW pics!

DSC_8297_NEF.jpg DSC_8298_NEF.jpg DSC_8299_NEF.jpg

DSC_8300_NEF.jpg DSC_8301_NEF.jpg DSC_8302_NEF.jpg

DSC_8304_NEF.jpg DSC_8307_NEF.jpg DSC_8314_NEF.jpg

DSC_8321_NEF.jpg DSC_8329_NEF.jpg

:D

thanks! i was going to ask this before.... it belongs in the noob questions category for G1 TF if one existed here. and i'm sure everyone knows this but i need to ask bc i don't follow TF hardcore. Rumble is labeled as he was on the original G1 toy (red) while obviously the cartoon rumble is blue. I hated this as a kid... why couldn't rumble be labeled blue on the box in 1986? i actually got into a fight in elementary bc some guy kept saying rumble was red. and i kept arguing that he's blue. stupid hasbro... i think i lost a bet bc of that...

Can you/any give me a brief reason why they kept it as the G1 box. and not follow the cartoon colors/name for rumble? if it's too noob/tiresome to explain, can anyone refer to a post or link where i can read up on it? (sorry guys just want to know bc i have bad memories of that fight and just saw it on the MP box labeled the same...)

Thanks Gakken, i didn't see your post while i was typing...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

re: FRumble.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Rumble_(G1) to the rescue!

I think Takara always use Red Rumble for their toys, and Hasbro just economically recycle the Takara box-art/text stuff coz they're, i dunno, lazy and sh*t, like that.

fwiw, I'm TV-canon guy, so I always think the Red Rumble blokes are just plain crazy. :D

post-263-0-67918800-1375936994.jpeg

post-263-0-10513000-1375937003.jpeg

Edited by treatment

I really wish they would milk the MP molds more. MP1 saw a bunch of course, as did the Greenscream, of course... all the rest have been pretty sparse. At least Hot Rod is usually pretty cheap but Grimlock is insanely expensive on secondary market. Clearly there's demand for another Hasbro release...

See shipping from Warehouse for Soundwave on the TRU link above...

I really wish they would milk the MP molds more. MP1 saw a bunch of course, as did the Greenscream, of course... all the rest have been pretty sparse. At least Hot Rod is usually pretty cheap but Grimlock is insanely expensive on secondary market. Clearly there's demand for another Hasbro release...

See shipping from Warehouse for Soundwave on the TRU link above...

Masterpiece G2 Grimlock? PLEASE?

puss-in-boots.jpg

damn... the list shows in most iterations rumble is red

Then the list is dumb, because Rumble is blue. TV doesn't lie.

I really wish they would milk the MP molds more.

Well, of the Masterpieces of I have... I guess I wouldn't mind if they did used the new Starscream mold for Starscream and Skywarp in the US. I really have no interest in another Hot Rod, Soundwave, or Grimlock, though.

Oh, but I would so buy a Pepsi Prime from the MP-10 mold. I would work two jobs and pay more than I was willing to for MP-10 in the first place.

Masterpiece G2 Grimlock? PLEASE?

Well, just because I wouldn't buy one doesn't mean they shouldn't do it. They totally should, just for Mike. I mean, how can you say no to that face...?

I see a few on ebay for $400, and the BBTS bundle seems to be selling at that price. RK has some for the same price with shipping, give or take 10 bucks. Lunar has some he's taking to NYCC, but he'll probably ask for more as it's in Oct.

The pre-order last night of $270 sold out in about a minute. The original Lunar listing of $250 included shipping, so I think that's a damn good price. Plus he made sure I got a really nice box.

Also heard another rumor that Takara locked the mold on Grimmy, so this is probably his last print.

I saw the listing selling 10 for $240. He must have some connections in China and he got a lot. Who knows. Could be KO's or something crazy too.

I checked with Lunar on those $240 ebay ones.

"yeah we contacted our source yesterday about this. from what i know all are secured and shouldn't be any extra out there. any out there could be stollen or leaked, or just fake Pre-sale."

Edited by Gakken85

It's the Takara mold. Sharper claws, teeth. Lighter gray. With the Tru accessories. And a special box.

To me, it's the best release out there, as the Takara accessories were kind of lame.

People are paying that much for the TRU ones in the box anyway.

Takara ones are around $300

Edited by Gakken85

It's the Takara mold. Sharper claws, teeth. Lighter gray. With the Tru accessories. And a special box.

To me, it's the best release out there, as the Takara accessories were kind of lame.

People are paying that much for the TRU ones in the box anyway.

Takara ones are around $300

The best release is still King Grimlock. Takara mold with Hasbro accessories, a bad ass box, richer gold chrome and head-to-toe silver paint.

Sorry, no way in hell I'm paying 250+ for a 150$ toy missing most of the accessories.

Even still, Takara mold or not, the TRU version was 80$, the Tak was 150$

Where is the extra 100$ justified?

Sounds like Hasbro Asia continuing the trend of scalper pricing

For factory product.

The best release is still King Grimlock. Takara mold with Hasbro accessories, a bad ass box, richer gold chrome and head-to-toe silver paint.

Hell yeah! My favourite Masterpiece right now and one of the most beloved pieces in my robot collection. The bling on Grimlock just makes him the centre of attention :lol: