Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

Not sure if it's been posted already or not, but here are the new VF-27DX test shot photos from the latest Dengeki Hobby magazine.

Note the gunpod attached in fighter mode, the (correct) long front landing gear and what appears to be moveable nozzels on the outboard engine nacelles.

Can't wait to get this, but definitely looking forward more to a green mass production unit, rather than Brera's purple version.

Graham

post-11-1259289549_thumb.jpg

Better yet, the rear landing gear don't look like complete crap!

More than that though, the actual physical detail looks about an order of magnitude sharper and more refined than on the VF-25. The details on the VF-25 always looked.. blurry to me. The contrast looks almost like the difference btween the v.1 1/60 and the v.2, it just looks.. sharp.

Now, they need to take the lessons learned, and re-apply them to the VF-25. I might even consider buying one then, but it'll take a lot of improvements to make me prefer the DX over the kits.

Edited by Chronocidal

Now, they need to take the lessons learned, and re-apply them to the VF-25. I might even consider buying one then, but it'll take a lot of improvements to make me prefer the DX over the kits.
I think the 27 also has thigh swivels on the knee joints. I wouldn't be surprised if Bandai kicks a DX VF-25 1.5 with longer gear like the 27 as well as the thigh swivels next year.

it's actually quite ironic that fate put the VF-27 and VF-25, gerwalk mode, on the same page so you can clearly compare how the 25 is pushing the limits by trying to strike a good pose, and the 27 is just looking right.

Hope the toy is not just looks but also clicky and well-constructed.

Not sure if it's been posted already or not, but here are the new VF-27DX test shot photos from the latest Dengeki Hobby magazine.

Note the gunpod attached in fighter mode, the (correct) long front landing gear and what appears to be moveable nozzels on the outboard engine nacelles.

Can't wait to get this, but definitely looking forward more to a green mass production unit, rather than Brera's purple version.

Graham

I've pre-orded this already. It looks a lot better. And when you can attach the rifle with the landing gears down it, is just adds to it. Hopefully Bandai doesnt use that shiny plastic. Something like this but not too matte colored

macrossvf27.jpg

And that VF-25 Tornado Pack looks pretty decent. Can we get the VF-171EX Super Nightmare Plus, that sounds so cool. Even better if it was a toy :lol:

Edited by Hikaru VF-1S

I think the 27 also has thigh swivels on the knee joints. I wouldn't be surprised if Bandai kicks a DX VF-25 1.5 with longer gear like the 27 as well as the thigh swivels next year.

I agree with you Bandai needs to make a VF-25 Version 1.5 or 2.0.

Edited by Hikaru VF-1S

You must have some good eyes. I still can't see what you're talking about XD

I see it, but what's the big deal paint it over.

Yep. I broke the wing off of my Michel 1/60. Broke off right at the hinge. Also, broke the "BP8" on one of my Roy 1/60s.

Seriously!!!!!!!! I'm like the Death of Valks. I must exude some corrosive substance from my finger tips.

That would bring me to the party pretty quickly actually!

I'm liking the 27, i think i'll be grabbing it for sure.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I got my Alto VF-25 Movie version today. It's my first DX and I must say I am more impressed than I thought I would be coming from all Yamatos and 1/72 VF-25's.

Loving the size and weight of this thing and the well discussed flaws (features) have not niggled me at all.

Also the blue tint to the white paint isn't overly dramatic and the pale super parts aren't nearly as overpowering as the photos here imply. In lower light (who puts their valks in direct sunlight anyway?) the two are not a bad match at all.

Anyhow I am happy with my purchase and see a few more DX's in my future.

did anybody notice that attachment near the tail? It seems it's meant to hold the fold booster, yet to be seen in any photo released.

maybe it's like the YF-21 where you get brackets so if you already own the fold booster you can attach it.

i wonder if is the right scale in comparison with the vf 25

It's difficult to tell from that picture. But in fighter mode it is slightly longer than the VF-25, its length is 18.8m compare to the VF-25's to the 18.72m. And slightly shorter in battroid to the VF-25's. If it's at least in decent scale to the DX VF-25, the difference should be minute.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but is the QC on the FAST Packs of the movie ver. DX better than the TV versions? I never got an armored 25 bc/ everyone said the armor always fell off, but is the fit better on the new movie versions?
One of the members here mentioned that the thigh armor, has an additional piece added which helps it stay on much better. The thigh/hip/intake armor on the Super Messiahs was always prone to falling off on previous releases.

I'm still not sure what I think about the Tornado Pack (if this is the official name). It sort of has the same feel to me as this:

73650889yw1.jpg

1204137549451.jpg

Of course, it's different in the fact the VF-25 is actually a fighter (plane) and the Gundam has fighter plane stuff stuck on.

Edited by Wicked Ace

Just additional information on th VF-25F Tornado Pack

"Finally, some definite release info of DX Chogokin 1/60 VF-25F Tornado Messiah Valkyrie Alto's Unit from Tamashii Nation:

Three mode transformation:

4119571381fe8efc3451.jpg

- Fighter Mode

- Gerwalk Mode: booster can be turned

- Battroid Mode: main cannon can move up and down, left and right, vernier can move.

Parts of the Tornado pack can be detached.

Made of ABS, PC, PVC and Zinc Alloy. Content: VF-25F Messiah Valkyrie, securing parts, Gunpod, knife, option hand unit, Tornado pack (wing armor x2, wing booster x2, armor on the back x2, main cannon, forearm armor x2, armor for the side of the leg x2), display stand.

March release, 17,850 Yen (inclusive of tax)." Ngee Khiong

The Tornado Pack honestly looks like a throwback to the SAP packs of the not-quite-canon Macross II.

maybe it's like the YF-21 where you get brackets so if you already own the fold booster you can attach it.

I can smell it now..the web-exclusive "Fold Edition" with the Ain Vajra figure. :wacko:

Edited by Letigre