What Current Anime Series Are You Watching? v2.0

Duke Togo

Less than ten minutes into "Appleseed Ex Machina". All I can say is.

OMFG IT IS AWESOME!!!

It is a great movie. I kinda like it that they made both CG movies prequels to the original anime (Appleseed was the first anime movie I saw that had rather blue language in it, and boy was it freaking awesome; kinda funny they used the Engrish version of Briarious' name, though).

Edited by Wanzerfan

FSN movie on the horizon!

http://zepy.momotato.com/2009/08/05/fate-m...lade-works-but/

I thought that since the anime was mostly "fate" route, the manga supposedly ubw, that the flick was going to be Sakura route. Apparently though, it will be Unlimited gar Blade Works, hopefully with the nice harem ending :) .

Edited by Ghost Train

On Disc 2 of Macross 7. I finally found out what the tattoo on the side of what's his names head from Diamond Force. It's hard to make out. Is it really a winged horse? :huh:

And now it's a lot more of Maylene (sp) singing. I think I like her less than Basara :p

So far. I am really enjoying this series though. :D

On Disc 2 of Macross 7. I finally found out what the tattoo on the side of what's his names head from Diamond Force. It's hard to make out. Is it really a winged horse? :huh:

And now it's a lot more of Maylene (sp) singing. I think I like her less than Basara :p

So far. I am really enjoying this series though. :D

Prepaire for epic awesome during the second half of the show!

Rewatched the first season of Sailormoon subbed. That series really helped improve anime's reputation in western europe in the mid-nineties. Saw it originally when it was part of the saturday morning cartoon line up on RTL and ZDF, the dub still holds up well. One thing I miss is the happy hardcore opening of the dub based on the hit "Wonderfull Days",but it is an aquired taste, heh.

Rewatched the first season of Sailormoon subbed. That series really helped improve anime's reputation in western europe in the mid-nineties. Saw it originally when it was part of the saturday morning cartoon line up on RTL and ZDF, the dub still holds up well. One thing I miss is the happy hardcore opening of the dub based on the hit "Wonderfull Days",but it is an aquired taste, heh.

Wow, is that real? Just wow.

Yup, it was the first of four OP's used. The second and third used the same visuals as the first but were trance songs and the fourth was a used for the 2005 rerun.

, Kämpfe Sailor Moon and

Started on Tokyo magnitude 8.0 and Canaan.

Tokyo 8.0 : Animation quality is rather low, but story wise it is promising. Kids trying to survive after a Tokyo eathquake. The show is somewhat socio-critical like Eden of the East, but more slice of life and lower production values.

Canaan: Getting a Nikita vibe from this. Plot wise seems to be standard bad-girl-gets-enhanced-turns-assasin but characters are able to arry the whole thing sofar. Animation is good as expected from PA Works. Really irritating fanservice at times.

Edited by Bri

Oh, its real all right. Here in the UK I used to be able to receive some German channels through an analogue satellite receiver and Sailor Moon would be broadcast about the time I got home from work. At the time, anime in any language was a bit of a scarce commodity so I would watch it whilst having lunch (and no, I don't speak German). I can still find myself - to my horror - humming that theme when I'm distracted... :lol:

I'm currently following the 2nd season of 'Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya' with AFK fansub. I am also watching the 1st season of 'Gundam 00' and I must say that those Gundams are IMBA! And many of the people with the 'celestial beings' are emo.

By the way guys, do you have any suggestion on what fansub to follow with 2nd season of 'Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya'? I find the subs of AFK a bit slow.

Well, i watched the first episode of Shikabane-Hime (Corpse Princess) over the weekend, and i didn't find it interesting enough to get to episode 2. found it boring and a bit cliche. does it get better with later episodes?

it gets better. It is slow, it is cliche at points, but once the story picks up you kinda want to find out what happens next. One thing to note is that there are characters you wish had more screen time.

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

it gets better. It is slow, it is cliche at points, but once the story picks up you kinda want to find out what happens next. One thing to note is that there are characters you wish had more screen time.

I've been trying to wait for the DVD release (what the hell is wrong with you Funi), but of the few episodes I've watched so far, I really like it, much more than the all too DBZ syndromed Bleach.

It does get interesting a bit later on. But I admit that the anime doesn't seem that appealing, especially for a Gainax title.

I've been trying to wait for the DVD release (what the hell is wrong with you Funi), but of the few episodes I've watched so far, I really like it, much more than the all too DBZ syndromed Bleach.

Thanks. i'll give it another shot this weekend. :)

Edited by dreamweaver13

Started Kemono No Souja Erin, which starts off pretty light and easy , following the daily life and curiosity of a little girl Erin who has a strong curiosity for her mother's profession, a Touda doctor. (Toudas are like giant komodo lizards , reared and bred for war)

Pretty neat and detailed story....and for a lighthearted show became pretty dark around ep 8 or so....so i'm not sure what to expect in future episodes.

Started Kemono No Souja Erin, which starts off pretty light and easy , following the daily life and curiosity of a little girl Erin who has a strong curiosity for her mother's profession, a Touda doctor. (Toudas are like giant komodo lizards , reared and bred for war)

Pretty neat and detailed story....and for a lighthearted show became pretty dark around ep 8 or so....so i'm not sure what to expect in future episodes.

Giving Aquarion a repeat. I know it's the bastard child of Evangelion and Power Rangers, but it looks soooooo good...

Giving Aquarion a repeat. I know it's the bastard child of Evangelion and Power Rangers, but it looks soooooo good...

No, it's more like a combination of Escaflowne, Arjuuna, & Godannar.

Currently alternating between VOTOMS: The Pailsen Files (for those who weren't looking forward to the CGI, I have to say that although at times it tends took like a last generation video game they actually use it pretty well generally), Getter Robo (original series), Great Mazinger (ditto), L-Gaim, Galaxy Express 999 movie, Panzer World Galient and the just awesome Aura Battler Dunbine OAV.

Yes, I happen to like the old stuff. How could you tell? :)

Edited by F-ZeroOne

In there world its blasphemy to release a complete series all at once. Especially for cheap thats not dbz or bleach. Due to dbz I can't watch too much over 52 episodes.

I'm totally digging Tears to Tiara. It's like Utawarerumono except it's a European-esque setting and no repeated animation so far :).

Watched first 2 episodes of To Aru Majutsu no Index. A bit formula, but i found it interesting so far. Anyone else seen this?

I have, the anime has some nice twists spread throughout the series. There soon will be a spin-off series airing soon.

Edited by shiroikaze

Decided to go really retro. Currently watching Mobile Suit Gundam. So far, it's a bit slow after having watched 14 eps, but it's starting to grow on me.

I think it also helps that I'm trying to approach this by pretending I've never seen any Gundam series at all (which, being the very first Gundam project, is how it should be). :)

I just watched Valkyria Chronicles ep 20... just gotta say wow, can't wait for the next episode! I have not played the game yet, so....

it's pretty clear to me that Alicia is a valkyur, in the game, does she actually glow blue as well and have a 1:1 duel with Sylvaria?