CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

I'm banking on Toynami's Beta if it ever sees production. I can't bare to look at CM's Alpha anymore. Toynami should also take another stab at rereleasing an improved QC Alpha (especially in blue) as well.

Yeah I know... I'm getting the opposite reaction with the CMs ride armor. I like them while everyone else doesn't.

I like the CMs alot better than the megahouse *booo to parts formers!* I guess people like the model like look of the megahouse, which is okay. Just don't be suprised when you pull it out and say, man... the matt finish looks pretty cool, but why does the plastic feel so thin... As opposed to the CMS whose plastic, from the experience I've had with their labors, should be pretty sturdy. CMS looks like a toy, and It will play like a toy. It has no complex, delicate finish to scratch up while playing with it, unlike so many binaltechs. I'll probably still pick up the megahouses as they do look good, but I want something I can also pick up and play with and not have to keep a small container around to keep all the small parts in.

Edited by GobotFool

Looking at the Beagle CAD designs for the cyclone, I would love to see their version of the Legioss.

Given that Mospeada licensees are crawling out of the woodwork, Yamato should just release their own Legioss and Tread... and Mospeada, for that matter, and be done with it. If anyone can make transformable toys and successfully incorporate as much "flavor" from the line art as possible, it's them. I don't agree with all their compromises, and I still think toys like the 1/60 VF-1 could stand improvement and incorporated some aesthetic changes I don't agree with, but they certainly wouldn't make innane decisions like tiny ugly intakes and legs that don't transform correctly just because.

This is probably heresy, but if I wanted something that just looked good in Soldier mode, couldn't I just buy a Toynami Super Poseable Alpha?

Has to look good in all modes.

I wish there was somebody making really great versions of these. In 1/35 scale.

SIGH.

So depressing. One of my favorite animes as a kid and I can't get a decent toy to this day.

I know we won't probably ever get it, and if we do, the QC will be total crap, but at least the Toynami Beta that was shown is the right size, and the link-up looks MUCH better than the CM, IMO.

:lol: the amount of bitching about the fighter is just astronomical.

The CM Legioss doen't look good just in Soldier mode. The fighter does look good, not "perfect" but still good.

Edited by Twoducks

I'm going to buy all three ^_^

The green one is not an event exclusive, it's going to be available in march through CM's page (I'll find a way to get it!!!).

Anyone care to translate the scans or find out how limited the red one is?

Thanks in advance!!!!

CMs website says: Limited Quantity sale, starting from end of March.

The scans say: Limited Circulation.... :wacko:

There is no specific description on how it is to be circulated, but according to saverobotech it will be sold at japan's toys r us.

-------------

The red zeta is supposed to have improved performance. but every where i read the tech specs it decribes all 3 as having the same specs. anyone can tell me which mospeada books to get? cant find any... :unsure:

oh and the thing about zeta being optimized for "atmospheric" combat: seems that is robotech stuff, not in the original specs.

CMs website says: Limited Quantity sale, starting from end of March.

The scans say: Limited Circulation.... :wacko:

There is no specific description on how it is to be circulated, but according to saverobotech it will be sold at japan's toys r us.

Thanks for the info!!!

I remember long ago EXO posted a lot of lineart in MikeRB's CG thread. Maybe you can PM him!

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

:lol: the amount of bitching about the fighter is just astronomical.

The CM Legioss doen't look good just in Soldier mode. The fighter does look good, not "perfect" but still good.

That's your opinion. I think the fighter mode looks like junk.

The link-up doesn't look anything like the line-art.

Heck, the soldier mode doesn't even look anything like the line-art.

That's your opinion. I think the fighter mode looks like junk.

The link-up doesn't look anything like the line-art.

Heck, the soldier mode doesn't even look anything like the line-art.

And then there are folks like myself who couldn't care less about line-art. B))

It's also my opinion that Toynami's is junk. Wait, that's more of a fact than an opinion so I take that back. :lol:

Well since I'm getting one, I sure hope that when they come out every one continues to complain about this. That will just give Toycrapy another reason not to make theirs (like that's going to happen anyway). Then 10 years from now when CMS's was the only one that came out with the Legioss/TREAD, I will sell mine to one of thoese guys that was waiting for the Toycrapy one for $3000.00. + S&H. Oh yes I said Handeling. :lol:

Well since I'm getting one, I sure hope that when they come out every one continues to complain about this. That will just give Toycrapy another reason not to make theirs (like that's going to happen anyway). Then 10 years from now when CMS's was the only one that came out with the Legioss/TREAD, I will sell mine to one of thoese guys that was waiting for the Toycrapy one for $3000.00. + S&H. Oh yes I said Handeling. :lol:

Or it could go down in price b/c so few people bought them at those high prices that they have to clearance them out...

I think it's clear that the CMS Legioss set is a controversial subject. Some people like it and some don't. We're all entitled to our opinions and discretion to spend our own money. So keep it clean, ok? It's not worth getting into a flam-ish argument over.

Thanks for the scans graham. Looking at it closer has helped. Great some GERWALK pics.

The needle nose doesn't bother all that much compared to the chest intakes. I have rewatched a bit of mospeada and in the anime the legs are not always bulky and chunky but actually quite slim. (could they have been influenced more by this than lineart accuracy I wonder? Like how superposables and revoltechs are changed in body proportion to make the figure more like a comic book artist's own interpretation of the mecha?)

The main advantage of the CMs is how it will end up being something that is sturdy enough to transform and handle. Those happy with toynami, good for you. But personally one of the reasons I won't buy that has to do with the fear of breaking it while transforming it. Argh.....I just wished that the aoshima one didn't have the QC issues...

Just as I view the Valkyrie as a fighter plane first and a robot second, (therefore I don't mind it being skinny in robot mode) I look at the legios as a robot first that transforms into a plane. It's just the blocky nature of the body that gives me that impression. I've always felt the battroid mode just looks tough and heavy (sort of like a destroid) compared to the valkyrie. (that is when it isn't using GBP) That's one of the main reasons why I like the look of the toynami version since it feels like a robot from the 80s, where the blocky body was part of the appeal of the mecha.

Hopefully we see more toys made of the legios and tread in the future.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Hey did anyone else notice that the CMs legioss has a waist joint that looks like it could turn at least 45 degrees? Is this the 1st legioss toy to actually have a waist joint because if it is thats another point for articulation!

Wait, wait, the Toynami one doesn't have a waist joint? I always thought it had one :blink:

I love waist joints, they just make such a difference in posing. Too many old toys as a kid had neck joints but not the freaking luxury of a waist joint; guess that many transforming toys today still suffer from the lack of said joint (some Yamato valks included).

Thanks to everyone for the great scans. Makes me want this toy ....

I wish the Legioss and Tread would get as much love from all the toy companies as the Ride Armors are getting right now. Maybe Megahouse or Beagle can try next.

Yeah, I hope so too!!

:rolleyes:

Edited by Vermillion21

Hey did anyone else notice that the CMs legioss has a waist joint that looks like it could turn at least 45 degrees? Is this the 1st legioss toy to actually have a waist joint because if it is thats another point for articulation!

I'll be honest, I didn't notice it at all. But then,. I am known for the ability to lose the keys that are sitting on my own coffee table so...... If it does have waist joint then that is a little bonus. I have a feeling that it will end up in the combined Armo-diver config from the first episode on my shelves though. Either that or it will be a case of soldier mode for Legios and Tread in a back-to-back kind of stance. (no, not at all "Zulu" influenced there at all, honest....)

Karl

Wait, wait, the Toynami one doesn't have a waist joint? I always thought it had one :blink:

I love waist joints, they just make such a difference in posing. Too many old toys as a kid had neck joints but not the freaking luxury of a waist joint; guess that many transforming toys today still suffer from the lack of said joint (some Yamato valks included).

Really the Toynami one has a waist joint? Darn I guess I never saw a picture with it rotating its waist as I still have my toynami alpha tucked away MISB.

LOL the legioss gun barrel is larger than the intakes!

I think the legioss is too large compared to the tlead, that's why there are so many fitment issues when they're joined.

I'm still buying one, I doubt there will be any other tleads released from other companies in the future. It's not tooooo bad looking, just squint your eyes. I think it will look imposing in a display.

my .02

BTW, I think the MPC Alpha's are very well done, though luckily all of mine are still intact.

http://www.mrtwo.net/mr2modproject/toyz/mo...ascott/pics.htm

http://www.mrtwo.net/mr2modproject/toyz/mo...alphas/pics.htm

Edited by Pat S

The toynami needs to be rereleased with fixes. Make these newer ones "non-masterpiece editions" and treat the other ones with the special box as similar to "low visibility limited releases".

I don't think it would matter, since Crapnami would still make toys with poor "quality control" IHMO.

:ph34r:

I think the legioss is too large compared to the tlead, that's why there are so many fitment issues when they're joined.

I'm still buying one, I doubt there will be any other tleads released from other companies in the future. It's not tooooo bad looking, just squint your eyes. I think it will look imposing in a display.

my .02

BTW, I think the MPC Alpha's are very well done, though luckily all of mine are still intact.

Great set of pictures. It's nice to be reminded how the Alpha really is a little compact package of death B))

I don't own a Toynami/Aoshima Alpha and am fully aware of the potential dissapointments of breakage etc, but must admit they do look the best. I do want an Alpha-Beta set and am turned off by the (CM version) Alpha and it's link-up. CM's Beta doesn't look terrible but the Alpha really turns me off. The Toynami set looks much better in those regards.

If Yamato made these.... :o I'd be much more akin to pay those proposed prices.

think most prob their pre-orders are filled

or everyone canceled their pre-orders so decided they don't want to stock them.

i don't care about line art accuracy, its not that big of a deal. i could care less about the knees, the needle nose, them being off scale to one another, its all about their asking price.

my .02

Sweet pics! I like the Shadow Fighter mode pics especially and putting the guns on the wings in Soldier mode looks pretty slick! Reminds me of the Kampfer.

I'm gonna play with my MPC's when I egt home today :)