Huge Anime DVDs on clearance.

Fusion

Yeah, I posted one of these around April or so. ADV does this at a regular basis to purge old stock, so check around every holiday or every month for other sales. One thing to take note of: their ordering system IS NOT ENCRIPTED! A rather retarded no-no. Also they say on the site that they will sometimes either mark out with black marker or cut out the UPC code. I ordered thru them once and they didn't do it, but I've heard from others that they have.

A good idea is to pricematch it with DeepDiscountDVD. They'll sell it to you for ADV's price shipped, and you can avoid the above unplesantries.

I've never ordered during one of the sales, just heard complaints from the AOD forums, but if you can imagine someone taking a box cutter to a DVD case to slash the barcode, that'd be about the degree of damage.

Yeah, I found it like 5 minutes after my post. They just didn't seem to list it on the page with everything else. I found it by searching.

325792[/snapback]

Odd.

It was on the page for me, just easy to overlook because of how it was sandwiched.

I've never ordered during one of the sales, just heard complaints from the AOD forums, but if you can imagine someone taking a box cutter to a DVD case to slash the barcode, that'd be about the degree of damage.

325796[/snapback]

It's not that bad, they just punch a hole in the barcode. I'll take a pic in a minute.

HAD to order MOSPEADA. I mean, a $90 DVD set for $15? Hell yes, I don't care if they slash the barcode.

325830[/snapback]

Yep, neither would I. I mean, you could always get a new case and cover if need be.

Anyone know what an international guy like me would need to do to get an order in? Don't see any options on the screen. :angry:

HAD to order MOSPEADA. I mean, a $90 DVD set for $15? Hell yes, I don't care if they slash the barcode.

325830[/snapback]

Yep, neither would I. I mean, you could always get a new case and cover if need be.

Anyone know what an international guy like me would need to do to get an order in? Don't see any options on the screen. :angry:

325838[/snapback]

You'll have to do what I did and get a US resident to help you out, I ordered a buttload of dvd's through a friend on TFW2005.

Speaking of which, here's that pic of the damage done,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/Fortmax/P9040127.jpg

I've ordered from these sales several times, at these low prices I couldn't resist! The dvds that came were of two kinds. Some had their UPCs slashed with a cutting tool. I prefer that since it is barely noticeable and doesn't really make that much of a mark. The other is where the UPC has a hole punched through it. The hole is about the size of a pen or pencil tip (not very big), but it does distrupt the packaging more than a slash. They will punch through the UPC on a box set, but not the dvd(s) inside. Everything is still sealed and I justify the disfigurement by saying how often do people look at the bottom of a box set?

Thanks man!  You rock!  I just scored Mospeada and Southern Cross for $15 each!

H

325516[/snapback]

Ditto!! I did the same thing. I really wanted them but couldn´t justify the price now finally i can afford them with no remorse!! Thank you SO much. :lol:

~Tico

could any of you Guys help me to get this dvds , since they dont shipp

outside northamerica. PLEASE at those prices I have to try anything.

I hope that some nice soul in this wonderfull forum can help me .

I`am in the SSL and I will use paypal for sending the money to you.

:)

Best regards.

Cristian

So far as I can tell, the sale is over.

I put it off too long (worked on a music video all week, had time only to shower before i fell asleep as i stood) and now I can't get Mospeada for fifteen bucks.

'course, last time i DIDN't wait to buy something, i bought my 1/48 Hikaru for a high price (and had to replace the "A" head with an "S")

So far as I can tell, the sale is over.  I put it off too long (worked on a music video all week, had time only to shower before i fell asleep as i stood) and now I can't get Mospeada for fifteen bucks.

ADV has been running these sales on every holiday or whenever they need to get rid of excess inventory. Don't worry. Halloween is coning up and ADV might hold a sale then or even earlier. :)

I think that is more of a possibility more than a reality it probably depend of how many items you order, how many orders they got and if what you ordered is in stock at the moment. When they had there last sale I ordered 3 Mothra cd's and received them within 2 weeks. This time I ordered a lot more (3 Bubblegum crises DVD sets, 1 Dai-guard box set, 1 Casshan dvd, and 1 Evangelion dvd) tomorrow will be the 1 week mark for this order so we will see

Has anyone actually gotten their order yet? They didn't waste any time billing that's for sure. It showed up on my credit statement online within a day or two. This is kind of annoying.

I ordered the Dai-Guard box, Megazone 23 parts 2 and 3, and Parasite Dolls.

Edited by Anubis

Has anyone actually gotten their order yet?  They didn't waste any time billing that's for sure.  It showed up on my credit statement online within a day or two.  This is kind of annoying.

I ordered the Dai-Guard box, Megazone 23 parts 2 and 3, and Parasite Dolls.

329876[/snapback]

I ordered 11 vols of Dunbine and Megazone 23 Part 2 during one of their sales in late April. It took about 2 weeks for the package to arrive. I don't know if they take as long as a month, but the average I've read is 2 weeks.

Was billed on the 4th, no othwe word yet. No way to check on their website order status either. Rather ghetto if you ask me.

329877[/snapback]

Talked to them last week and talked to them this morning. They have just one employee (just one) sorting thru all the orders. They claim they just weren't prepared for the sheer volume of orders they got and they should have it all settled by late this week. I hope so cuz my credit card was charged on the 7th and I have yet to even get a confirmation email from them. The worst that can happen is some DVDs people ordered are out of stock and must be credited back. It's all very retarded but it is ADV afterall.

Oh, yeah they admitted I wasn't the only one who had issues regarding their "email response".

Edited by Jemstone

I got an email today stating, rather rudely,

Check the website, it says for SALE items, 1 to 4 works for processing and ordering.

my question to them was:

how long would the order take since my credit card was billed on the 6th, i don't think it should take this long to ship. does your company bill credit cards ASAP before the order is even processed?

that kinda sucks, I say, don't bill until it's ready to ship./

Received my shipment today. Placed the order on the 7th. My "free gift" was a Generator Gawl Vol 1.

Everything I ordered is present. It's all in boxes / DVD cases. And yes they punched through or slashed the bar codes. (Which I don't care about at all.)

I had no problems the last time I placed an order on a similar sale from them either.

Chad

could any of you Guys help me to get this dvds , since they  dont shipp

outside northamerica. PLEASE at those prices I have to try anything.

I hope that some nice soul in this wonderfull forum can help me .

I`am in the SSL and I will use paypal for sending the money to you.

:)

Best regards.

Cristian

325980[/snapback]

good thing you remembered me as I just now stumbled across this thread :blink: . I'll let you know

a: when I recieve them

b: when I ship them out to you ;)

I actually have no idea how long it's been so far... guess I should look at the invoice.

I als emailed them two days ago and I received the response that they became overwhelmed and still processing order. They told me to wait for a response with delivery information in about a week.

I place my order all the way back on sept 2, but since it was late in the afternoon and a friday, I knew that nothing was happening 'till monday (next business day), anyways, I sent them a e-mail asking about why the order is taking too long to process (my CC was charged on 09/05) . Well, like a week a go a received an email quoting the large volume of sales as an excuse as to why my order hasn't ship.

Oh well, I'm giving them 1 more week, if no package by then, I will call my CC company to the charge removed.

Kind of reminds to discountanimedvd.com

regards...