New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

I would never make a transaction for over $100 on Ebay,  I'm not aware of any forum members that currently have some available, and I TRUST BBTS.  Is that good enough?

Gotta' agree with that one. Even if you could trust the crooks on Ebay, what sort of return policy do they have? None, to be sure. Purchases like this should be in your particular region, and they'd better be established, hence the costly business with BBTS as there's no price too high for trust and security...

acutally guys i didn't take it apart at all. i used the same techiuqe i use in my model kits ... all together it took about 30 min.

here;s the trick guys.

take a small cup or container. add water, some palmolive(dish washing soap) and and black acrylic paint. ( must be acrylic!!!!!) mix it all together until you get a type of sluggy mixture.

Thanks for the tip!

What are the ratios for the paint/water/soap ?

And me being a total noob, what's the soap for? Less water tension so it will sink into every crevice of the valk?

398837[/snapback]

Since acrylic dries rather fast and is permanent, I think the palmolive acts as a delayer for drying. As in slowing down the speed of drying so you can still wipe off what you do not need, and let the areas you do want to keep settle in and dry.

I would never make a transaction for over $100 on Ebay,  I'm not aware of any forum members that currently have some available, and I TRUST BBTS.  Is that good enough?

Gotta' agree with that one. Even if you could trust the crooks on Ebay, what sort of return policy do they have? None, to be sure. Purchases like this should be in your particular region, and they'd better be established, hence the costly business with BBTS as there's no price too high for trust and security...

398844[/snapback]

That's why you always use paypal with a credit card. Fraud protection; people who refuse to use paypal, I have a hard time trusting them.

398844[/snapback]

That's why you always use paypal with a credit card. Fraud protection; people who refuse to use paypal, I have a hard time trusting them.

398854[/snapback]

I always use Paypal, but like myk said, there's not much for a return policy. I like BBTS because if I get a real lemon I can exchange it.

I'd be promoting Kevin instead, but, well, you know....

I expect to get my VF-0S next Wednesday... just got a shipping notice from TMP. I'm both a little anxious from some of the indicated QC issues, however minor, and bubbling over with anticipation based on all the pictures shown by those who've gotten theirs already. I can't wait.

Any one recieve theirs from Neova yet? i am not nervous just impatient. how many americans have recieved one yet?

Didn't Neova say he was having supply difficulties and he didn't expect to have people their VF-0S until June?

Gotta' agree with that one. Even if you could trust the crooks on Ebay, what sort of return policy do they have? None, to be sure.

As far as eBay goes, look at the feedback and you'll be fine. If a person has 100% or close to it then you pretty much have nothing (other than factory flaws) to worry about. Ask the seller a few questions and see how promptly they respond and if you like the way they answer. There really is no reason to be afraid of eBay. I use it a lot and have scored many great deals from it.

I sell on eBay occasionally, I am not a crook and don't really enjoy being lumped in with the few irresponsible dealers. The real crooks these days are eBay themselves who are making it less and less worth selling on.

Any one recieve theirs from Neova yet? i am not nervous just impatient. how many americans have recieved one yet?

Didn't Neova say he was having supply difficulties and he didn't expect to have people their VF-0S until June?

Gotta' agree with that one. Even if you could trust the crooks on Ebay, what sort of return policy do they have? None, to be sure.

As far as eBay goes, look at the feedback and you'll be fine. If a person has 100% or close to it then you pretty much have nothing (other than factory flaws) to worry about. Ask the seller a few questions and see how promptly they respond and if you like the way they answer. There really is no reason to be afraid of eBay. I use it a lot and have scored many great deals from it.

I sell on eBay occasionally, I am not a crook and don't really enjoy being lumped in with the few irresponsible dealers. The real crooks these days are eBay themselves who are making it less and less worth selling on.

398905[/snapback]

wholly agreed! I was at first (when I came to the US) afraid of ebay too. heck, I even "used" my friends to buy stuff on ebay. after seeing the great deals that my friends scored on ebay, I opened up an account and started buying on ebay - the last thing I knew, I was selling stuff on ebay myself~!.

Just like jenius said, just be cautious and youll be fine. do a research on the seller's reputation if youre in doubt. make sure youre buying from the right person. if thre's even a slightest doubt on a seller, just back off. you can find other deals from another seller or at a later time.

aaajin

acutally guys i didn't take it apart at all. i used the same techiuqe i use in my model kits ... all together it took about 30 min.

here;s the trick guys.

take a small cup or container. add water, some palmolive(dish washing soap) and and black acrylic paint. ( must be acrylic!!!!!) mix it all together until you get a type of sluggy mixture.

Thanks for the tip!

What are the ratios for the paint/water/soap ?

And me being a total noob, what's the soap for? Less water tension so it will sink into every crevice of the valk?

398837[/snapback]

Since acrylic dries rather fast and is permanent, I think the palmolive acts as a delayer for drying. As in slowing down the speed of drying so you can still wipe off what you do not need, and let the areas you do want to keep settle in and dry.

398849[/snapback]

actually that is exactly right!... also acrylic is water based so it acts as a thinner and makes it easier to work with. the ration is all about even but to be safe just add a little more soap.

MUAHAHAHAHA!

Got my two from twin moons today. Wonderful packaging, hand signed note, two perfect VF-0's. no bent tail fins, no reversed magnets, shoulders are good. bicep swivel is loose, which is boo, but I'll live.

happy!

...Those 4 slits on the sides (2 on left and right) of the back where the tail boosters and tail hook is located, would this mean that a fp/sp might be in the works?

398772[/snapback]

Sorry, if I confused some of you... but I said, "...would this mean that a fp/sp might be in the works?", not "if it works.".

Edited by Dangaioh

got mien from twin moons too, very good packaging, but the box was still damaged, more yamatos fault for using cheapo thin cardboard and the post office for treating the package like a football, but its more than i can ask

straight tail fins too :)

Here's a pick with the tanks popped off on one side. The body is fully painted and panel lined so my guess is for the eventual ghost pack add-on:

That's kinda neat. I was wondering what Yamato would do about attaching the ghost to this. That seems like a pretty good idea. Thanks for the pic, eugimon.

I just got back from some field training in Germany and had this puppy waiting for me! I love the attention to detail that Yamato put into the VF-0S and I will definitely have get another one to keep MIB. I will post pics of mine shortly.

The one I recieved had only one minor flaw that I could see; the skull on the pilot's helmet was printed slightly to the right instead of in the center. Yamato did a excellent job with one and I love how a majority of sticker details were tampo-printed on, especially the cockpit-dash controls. Here's a few pics of my new VF-0S sitting on the deck of a USS Flagg.

1148814000349_VF_0S_1.jpg

1148667031669_VF_0S_2.jpg

1146746233407_VF_0S_3.jpg

1147147081749_VF_0S_4.jpg

NOTE: The arrestor hook on the VF-0S actually works on the one that comes with the USS Flagg. Man, I lost count how many times I have launched and landed this bird on the deck...it's way too much fun!

Edited by Sephiroth

Got both of mine today from ebay. No issues on mine. They are perfect. The Vf0 is cool but I do not like the slight yellow looking plastic. It makes the toy look old as if the plastic was originally white but yellowed. The plastic is kinda cheap looking. But overall it is a cool toy. If you like the 1/48's you will like this. It is about the same just a different style. It's nice to get my first VF0 with perfect transformation and anime sculpt versus the obstacles and generations of the VF-1 we had to go through until we got the 1/48's.

:)

Got mine today and I'm not that lucky. One of the tail fin tip is broken and I can't even find it in the box. :angry:

I bought from Tmpanime by the way, hopefully, Tamim will do something for me about it.

I'm so jealous for the people that got a perfect one.

dsc007677dk.jpg

dsc007682do.jpg

Thanks for teaching me how to post picture!

Edited by ychanus

Got mine today and I'm not that lucky. One of the tail fin tip is broken and I can't even find it in the box.  :angry:

I have taken 2 images but I don't know how to post it. I bought from Tmpanime by the way, hopefully, tam will do something for me about it.

399054[/snapback]

use http://imageshack.us to upload your pics and link the resulting thumbnails to here. It's free.

Edited by treatment

Got mine in yesterday. It looks wonderful, but mine has a loose left knee and a loose right bicep swivel. Boo for those. Loose joints on a VB-6 and now loose joints on the VF-0. I am very pleased with the tampo printed details this time but I really wish they would try a little harder on the joint QA for this price. My 1/48 VF-1's all have great joints, so I know Yamato is capable of doing joints right, they just don't consistently. If they got the joints right this would have been perfect.

I would still like to see a VF-0D released. I'd plunk down for one of those, but that's it other than this one.

Does anyone have any idea on how to repair the flap that attaches to the grey panel on the backpack/ booster in battroid mode? The tabs on the grey panel underneath the backpack thruster broke on mine and I'm getting replacement parts from HLJ and I want to know the best way to reinstall them. There are two screws on the back of the backpack but beyond that I have no idea on how to remove that grey panel which secures the flap that hangs down in robot mode. :unsure: This part was a hell of alot sturdier in the 1/48's.

Sorry about the photo quality. I used my phone camera.

post-354-1147496657_thumb.jpg

Edited by Golden Arms

I have to say, the 1/48s do snap together more nicely than the 1/60... fighter mode especially. I find the leg/back pack locking to be somewhat flimsy compared to the 1/48 which feels very solid in that mode.

399088[/snapback]

Odd. I have a hard time keeping the arms on my 1/48 to stay in position while in fighter mode. Is there some sort of trick to it? The pegs don't seem long enough to keep it all together.