HLJ Sale.....again.....the usual stuff

jvmacross

The thing is it seems unlikely that the Blazer VF-19s will be re-issued this year again, or before the other variants, don't you think? That was my reasoning so i also ordered it at full price too rather than pay any premiums later for it because it's the only variant i like.

Other than the YF-19, I dont know if ANY version of a 19 has been discounted often. Its a very popular fighter. I felt sure the Orange and Blue YF-19 variants would drop and missed em when they sold out. You never can tell!

Other than the YF-19, I dont know if ANY version of a 19 has been discounted often. Its a very popular fighter. I felt sure the Orange and Blue YF-19 variants would drop and missed em when they sold out. You never can tell!

the "Bird of Prey" and "Double Nuts" variants, respectively?

i had really wanted the DN, but it was pretty much impossible to find by the time i was in a position to afford one.

water under the bridge, pretty much though, as i was somewhat recently able to pick up a 1st Ed. off of a fellow MWer at a great price...

At the risk of keeping this off topic, I'm starting to think the only way I'll ever watch all of Macross 7 is if I pick up the eventual blu-rays. That way, I'll force myself to watch it cause I paid for it! An expensive gamble, I know! :lol:

At the risk of keeping this off topic, I'm starting to think the only way I'll ever watch all of Macross 7 is if I pick up the eventual blu-rays. That way, I'll force myself to watch it cause I paid for it! An expensive gamble, I know! :lol:

just download to your computer. set it up on stand to side of bed. dim it down. put it in for a couple episodes to run then let the screen go blank when they're done. thats how i watched it. ya miss some stuff but oh well. The 7 intro is great though. I normally hate FF throughout the opening credits but i usually let this one go.

I've been a member here for over a decade and during most of that time I avoided Macross 7 because of all the negativity lobbed at it from this forum. Then two years ago I decided to think for myself and just watch it. I'm glad I did, it's my second favorite Macross series behind SDF:M. ^_^

Oh, and to stay on topic (as well as on topic for the off topic M7 discussion) I just got my VF-22 Max from the HLJ sale. It's my first experience with the 21/22 toy. I like penguin mode the best.

Edited by eriku

just download to your computer. set it up on stand to side of bed. dim it down. put it in for a couple episodes to run then let the screen go blank when they're done. thats how i watched it. ya miss some stuff but oh well. The 7 intro is great though. I normally hate FF throughout the opening credits but i usually let this one go.

It would be my fourth or fifth attempt. I always end up not enjoying the first few episodes, losing interest quickly, and deleting the entire thing from my computer. It really is my least liked Macross series.

It would be my fourth or fifth attempt. I always end up not enjoying the first few episodes, losing interest quickly, and deleting the entire thing from my computer. It really is my least liked Macross series.

I am on my 3rd (or is it 4th?) attempt. Couldn't get pass the first 4 ep before. I am now on ep 9. Man, I hope it gets better. BTW, I did watch all the OVAs before. They are ok. Sorry for the OT. :lol:

How did an HLJ sale topic discussion get hijacked into a Mac7 one? Haha...

Macross 7 targeted a younger audience and the story did not pick up until Episode 21 or around there. Macross Plus debuted around the same period but it targeted an older crowd with a story that is more serious and mature. Also the action sequences in Mac Plus were more intense and complicated. So the Macross franchise covered all age groups using two separate Macross series in the mid 1990s. Either way, we got to see how differently Dyson and Basara handled the same model VF-19 in combat.

OT as well, but I quit Macross 7 after the series settled down into the "Basara sings to that one protodevlin girl to wake her up" slew of episodes. I thought it would get better after the first few episodes. It did not.

I can understand why this series was targeted for little kids though....

Most likely because the sale wasn't that great. ^_^

Says the person with almost every VF out there. :p

All jokes aside...people bought like crazy (it was originally four pages long).

I just watched it all for the first time and wasnt a big fan, but i liked it ok. Im glad i watched it all. Once ive watched dynamite, ill have seen all things Macross. Its certaily ot my favorite, but overall i liked its message, i liked a lot of its characters and i loved a bunch of its mecha. So i uess it worked on me :)

Yeah the sale wasnt stupendous, other than the M&Ms. And honestly they arent my highest priority.