Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Concerning Destiny sales, the as stated, the DVD are doing very well. Better than Seed in fact. Music sales have also been very good with lots of top 10 sales for weeks. Models however....As stated, Impulse was doing the worst. Unlike previous models, early on, I heard reports that this one wasn't flying off the shelves. I have heard that Strike Freedom and Destiny are doing better. Unless you're shopping in Japan, most online stores I've seen have both Destiny and S-Freedom on backorder till the end of the month. In fact, I heard at Otakon that S-Freedom was on sale at the dealer's hall on the first day and sold-out after that. So there is a bright spot in this.

It will probably take another 2 years to get another CE-universe sequel on TV. The network schedule is done up to next spring. By the time they set everything up again, it will probably be late 2006 with an air date by Fall 2007. At the earliest. I've heard the staff for Destiny have already been handed new assignments so if we want the same staff, it's gonna take some arm pulling at Sunrise to get them on a 3rd Seed series.

The only thing we (and the folks at Sunrise) can do is wait till October 1st and see what happens.

...new MSG show that it was going be for the UC fans but it turned to be Seed-2.

I think that turned out to be IGLOO and the Zeta movies.

I'd love to have a GQ Destiny Gundam.

I saw the HG 1/100's of the Destiny and Strike Freedom at Otakon, but I'm holding out for HCM Pro or Cosmic Region. HLJ at the con had a few Strike Freedom's, but I only saw a couple scattered Destiny Gundams, usually in people's hands already.

I'll probably end up with HCM Pros. GQ would trump that though.

A delay for Series 3 would be ok, but different writers would be nice at least. Ones that can space the plot properly for a 50-episode show.

Edited by Anubis

A delay for Series 3 would be ok, but different writers would be nice at least.  Ones that can space the plot properly for a 50-episode show.

326955[/snapback]

I agree... pacing really was off for this show... for me though.. I just want to see the characters actually behaving in a similar manner to who they were at the end of the previous show...

GS-3 only if there is no Kira, no Lacus, and for the love of God, no more Orb or Cagalli. I mena, no cameos, no mention of them except perhaps their untimely and grizzly demise.

The rest I can deal with, but those aforementioned need to never be in the show again. The same goes for Freedom, Justice, Impulse, and whatever new gundams they come up with. In fact, I'd like to see a gundam show with very limited amount of gundams.

Gundam SEED 3 without Kira or Lacus would get a very low aprovel rate from bandai for them to even start the project. No Orb is a big no-no too, it would mean that all that struggle and hard work from people that is already living peacefully with naturals and coordinators in the same country are all meaning less. It's ok for real life but not for anime. also ORB equals japan so no ORB = no japan. And for a Trilogy it normally end with the main charactor that was in the begining ( similar to luke for starwars).

Edited by F360°

Gundam SEED 3 without Kira or Lacus would get a very low aprovel rate from bandai for them to even start the project.  No Orb is a big no-no too, it would mean that all that struggle and hard work from people that is already living peacefully with naturals and coordinators in the same country are all meaning less.  It's ok for real life but not for anime.  also ORB equals japan so no ORB = no japan.  And for a Trilogy it normally end with the main charactor that was in the begining ( similar to luke for starwars).

327014[/snapback]

Yawn, no wonder the series become so crappy. THis is what happens when you bow to the mass of idiots that make up the fan base. I wonder why they even bother doing a story at all. And 360, Bandai couldn't care less if Kira or Lacus was in the series. They care whether lines of Freedom and Justice will sell well, they'll have no problem if a new character can push models.

Hell, the quintessential Gundam to please the fans would be every first episode have some boring fight that has no meaning involving Orb, every second episode would draw in the old crew somehow, with Kira showing up on the battle field at the last minutes to get all the morons drooling, and every third episode would be Kira running amok.

That's how easy it is to satisfy the fan base.

Gundam SEED 3 without Kira or Lacus would get a very low aprovel rate from bandai for them to even start the project.  No Orb is a big no-no too, it would mean that all that struggle and hard work from people that is already living peacefully with naturals and coordinators in the same country are all meaning less.  It's ok for real life but not for anime.  also ORB equals japan so no ORB = no japan.  And for a Trilogy it normally end with the main charactor that was in the begining ( similar to luke for starwars).

327014[/snapback]

Yawn, no wonder the series become so crappy. THis is what happens when you bow to the mass of idiots that make up the fan base. I wonder why they even bother doing a story at all. And 360, Bandai couldn't care less if Kira or Lacus was in the series. They care whether lines of Freedom and Justice will sell well, they'll have no problem if a new character can push models.

Hell, the quintessential Gundam to please the fans would be every first episode have some boring fight that has no meaning involving Orb, every second episode would draw in the old crew somehow, with Kira showing up on the battle field at the last minutes to get all the morons drooling, and every third episode would be Kira running amok.

That's how easy it is to satisfy the fan base.

327029[/snapback]

The series became crappy because of the story and the directing, not because of any given charactor.

Sure bandai would have no problem if a new charactor can push models sales, but until then bandai will feel much safer placing their bets on some proven sellers or at least have them in there for backup. On your previous list you just removed some of bandai's top characters out from their future Series with no reason other than "You hate them".

Also all you do is hate and bash those characters, you act like that in nearly all your post. And if for whatever reason someone don't dislike them, you go and call them morons or idiots along with the whole fan base. You know that I think?,, I think you are the most unreasonable hater in this whole forum.

If you hated so much, then don't watch it.

Also all you do is hate and bash those characters, you act like that in nearly all your post. And if for whatever reason someone don't dislike them, you go and call them morons or idiots along with the whole fan base. You know that I think?,, I think you are the most unreasonable hater in this whole forum.

327039[/snapback]

Well, I can't let my buddy F360 look like an idiot, so I guess I need to make sure he is right on the money

F360, you are in fact an idiot, one of the biggest around, a total moron, and an absolute... hmmm, ok, you only used two descriptions, ok.... what else, what else, oh I know, and I hate you. Hater right? :lol:

See, I'm a really good guy, I'm agreeing with you in every way.... and am in fact making you look good by making sure you're right on every point you make. What more could you ask for. :p

Edited by kalvasflam

A delay for Series 3 would be ok, but different writers would be nice at least.  Ones that can space the plot properly for a 50-episode show.

326955[/snapback]

I hear you on that one, I'd look forward to a third SEED if I knew they'd gotten diffrent writers, writers that acutaly care about and know what they're doing.

I don't hate DESTINY, but I'm definatly disappointed over it. Here's a perfect example of a series with a lot potential that ended up getting totally f*cked up by it's writers.

It really wouldn't bother me if Orb or another of the other characters made any reappearnce. Just as long as it made sence, like if they'd made Orb into Londo Bell or something.

327039[/snapback]

Well, I can't let my buddy F360 look like an idiot, so I guess I need to make sure he is right on the money

F360, you are in fact an idiot, one of the biggest around, a total moron, and an absolute... hmmm, ok, you only used two descriptions, ok.... what else, what else, oh I know, and I hate you. Hater right? :lol:

See, I'm a really good guy, I'm agreeing with you in every way.... and am in fact making you look good by making sure you're right on every point you make. What more could you ask for. :p

327072[/snapback]

thanks for using a example with a smiliy to call me names buddy, glad I was able to let you do some more bashing and name calling :rolleyes:

327039[/snapback]

327072[/snapback]

thanks for using a example with a smiliy to call me names buddy, glad I was able to let you do some more bashing and name calling :rolleyes:

327090[/snapback]

Would you rather be wrong? :D

I'm helping you out here... heh heh, how many people go out of their way to do that for others. Geez, whatever happened to gratitude. :lol:

Getting back to GSD. The next episode has the potential to be really interesting, the only problem is that at this point, it just seem to be compressing the story further. The spoilers seem to point to a rather anti-climactic conclusion.

Rey as a villian is just a bit bland, after all, what has he done that is really "evil?" And asides from piloting Legend, why is he so special? Oh, he is a La Flaga clone, that's about the best you can say for him. No development really as a "evil" character, no real contrast as to why Kira or even Athrun would hate his guts. At this point, his dying seem to be a foregone conclusion, and it'll be about as impactful as Sting and Auel biting the dust.

uh... just watched episode 47.. Fukuda must pay... what is this like the 5th f*cking recap? well it was pretty much 99% recap. nothing really add to the story. that couldnt have been done like 10 episodes ago. Really this ep wasnt needed except for dilliundal's anouncement of the destiny plan from his "Death star", from the looks of it, this "death star fires a really big "Laser" next ep at the moon.:D and prolly earth. And also to top that off Dillundial's anouncement came complete with sinister backround music. i wonder still to this day if there will be a last min, pulled out of the ass MS ala providence for GSD.

I really overall want to kick the writers right square in the nuts for what they pulled with this series... it could have been much better. please bandai/sunrise if you do a Seed 3, get diffrent writers, or give Tomino a money hat to finsh the CE universe off? or hell better yet, Give tomino a money hat to do F91/crossbone tv series or Sentenel oav., the way its supposed to be done, and be done with this CE nonsense.:D

And Damnit Lunamaria better survive all the sh*t thats gonna hit the fan next two eps.

Yeh yeh, episode 47 sucks. Fukada should die. The writers should die a horrible death...blah blah blah. Join the thousands of others.

I'd say it's pretty obvious we are going to have an open ending to this one.

Anyways, on to some random notes-time.

Some notes from FLETS on episode 48, not previously mentioned.

-The world is divided in 2. Cagalli (ORB) and the Kingdom of Scandinavia are the first to oppose the Destiny Plan.

-Comment: So it ain't just ORB saying no.

Some notes from Animage from Morita Shigeru (script writer) (courtesy of Seed Forums)

1. Dullindal was behind the Armory One incident as well as how Djibril getting hold of picture of J-7 incident, by leaking them on purpose. He also intentionally ignored the construction of Destory and Requiem even though he knew everything about them.

2. After the first war, an underground organization "Terminal" was established by former 3-ship alliance people from EA/Orb/ZAFT, to ensure peace and stability.

Finally, some notes from Mark Simmons @ GOUF concerning Variable Phase-Shift Armor.

-ZAFT created VPSA but ORB originally developed the concept and technology for what would eventually be called Variable Phase Shift Armor. The official site and the PG Strike Rouge manual touch on this.

-Strike Rouge is indeed armed with VPSA...or at least what would become VPSA. This is why Kira could alter the coloring of Strike rouge to match Strike's, mind you, with lots of manual tweaks and adjustments, unlike Impulse, which changes at a flick of the switch or Silhoutte module.

-When Cagalli makes reference to technology being used by ZAFT in episode 1 of GSD, VPSA is among those in that reference.

-Gaia Gundam is armed with VPSA. Hence, why Andy can change Gaia's coloring.

-VPSA is adjusted according to the pilot's requirements (or in Impulse's case, module requirements). So Impulse doesn't really need to change color when it switches packs. That's just preference.

-Testament Gundam (Destiny Astray manga) is also armed with VPSA.

Comments: A few people note that a red color might not mean strongest since Abyss uses its PSA to withstand pressure at great depths. Still a little iffy at the moment.

Edited by azrael

It's not that good with the recap episode, too bad, I still think an episode like this earlier on when she was still alive would've been great, not a recap episode mind you, but one with her experiences, and her motivations. As it were, when she died, I didn't really care, it was like Auel, or Sting or Sho, or those ZAFT guys that got killed in ep 1 and 2. But how wonderful, a recap episode about a dead person, may be that means they'll bring her back. Hahahahaha

Hell, even this episode could've been useful if she went through details about her ordeal in getting recruited and so forth, and getting cut up to look like Clyne. Could've casted poor Gillie in a real bad light. But as it is, Destiny plan... meh.... as long as it leads to a lot of death and destruction, that's all I hope for. Hopefully, we can get a few more PLANTS blown up in the process too.

Of course, Lacus et al will be expected to go into retirement once again after stopping Dullindal, thus setting up for the next series, where everything will repeat but with a slightly different villian or something like that.

Ok, just curious, how many did they do in GSD again? recaps that is.... but well, as long as GSD has undemanding fans, recaps will work just fine. Just put in a few shots of Kira pwning, and the diehard fans will be satisfied.

Maybe they figured since SEED felt like it had a ton of re-cap episodes, no one would notice if Destiny actually did...

If it's a matter of budget, they should have dropped the episode count to 49 episodes, it's been done, and hell, the original series was 43.

-ZAFT created VPSA but ORB originally developed the concept and technology for what would eventually be called Variable Phase Shift Armor. The official site and the PG Strike Rouge manual touch on this.

-Strike Rouge is indeed armed with VPSA...or at least what would become VPSA. This is why Kira could alter the coloring of Strike rouge to match Strike's, mind you, with lots of manual tweaks and adjustments, unlike Impulse, which changes at a flick of the switch or Silhoutte module.

-When Cagalli makes reference to technology being used by ZAFT in episode 1 of GSD, VPSA is among those in that reference.

-Gaia Gundam is armed with VPSA. Hence, why Andy can change Gaia's coloring.

-VPSA is adjusted according to the pilot's requirements (or in Impulse's case, module requirements). So Impulse doesn't really need to change color when it switches packs. That's just preference.

-Testament Gundam (Destiny Astray manga) is also armed with VPSA.

Cool, nice to know a bit more about varible phase shift armor. but we all know the color changing is so bandai can milk more model kits.:D And isnt testament gundam the Ea's attempt at creating something as powerful as freedom? I really wish the ea would atleast you know accomplish something, other than being pwned by ZAFT.

You know come to think about it with all these recaps and general unpolished story for the majority of GSD, i have a feeling bandai will prolly do some oav's or 3 part movies covering the series since the destiny dvds are aparently selling very well. hopefully if so it'll be alot more coherant.

Another thing i was thinking about in reguards to GSD, is how in the hell do they have all these people only being what 2 years after the end of the war in GSD? i think one of the faults of GSD may be the writers choosing to place GSD relitively close to the end of GS. In comparision Zeta gundam takes what 7 or 8 years after the OYW? in Zeta we get a passage of time a sense of change, the technology logically improved, but not so much as the leap in GSD. which is a good point someone brought up earlier in the thread. GS to GSD is too much advancement, it took UC timeline a long time to display alot of the eqvilant tech in GSD. i hope if there is a third Seed series, they actually let some time pass but theres not much more room, with the tech in Seed Destiny for "improvement".

ah well its almost over, lets hope for some entertaining last 2 episodes, and try and enjoy whats left.

I'd love to have a GQ Destiny Gundam.

I saw the HG 1/100's of the Destiny and Strike Freedom at Otakon, but I'm holding out for HCM Pro or Cosmic Region.  HLJ at the con had a few Strike Freedom's, but I only saw a couple scattered Destiny Gundams, usually in people's hands already.

I'll probably end up with HCM Pros.  GQ would trump that though.

326955[/snapback]

Destiny HCMP is due on the 15/09,

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN934089

Strike Freedom in Nov,

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN938420

Or there's this,

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN938421

I'm very tempted by the extras in the set but I prefer the coloured versions... stupid Bandai. :angry:

Ep 46 was nice, very light on actual Gundams and rather predictable but still nice.

47 however looks pointless. :(

let's just hire some coordinator assasins and assasinate Fukuda :ph34r:

327534[/snapback]

Given their track record? Ha ha, that's funny. I wouldn't hire them to assassinate a cow...

327551[/snapback]

LOL FUNNY! :lol:

I can see it now, the assaassins are 10 yards form the cow....one takes the shot and misses

Assassin 1- "How could you miss......?"

Assassin 2- "It moved...."

Assassin 1- "Its a COW!!!!! How could you not hit it!?"

Assassin 2- "Hmmm, I dotn know, but how about we try to hit it with our big MS?"

Assassin 1- "Good idea..."

:rolleyes:

And isnt testament gundam the Ea's attempt at creating something as powerful as freedom?

Nope. We're not sure where it came from since it has the RGX-00 designation. It has a stealth system, but it's not Mirage Colloid. As more manga comes out, we'll learn more.

Given their track record? Ha ha, that's funny. I wouldn't hire them to assassinate a cow...
I'd have more faith in a WMD than those Coordinators...

BTW, my HG 1/100 Strike Freedom shipped from HLJ....I guess the stock is coming in.

This series is going for the Guiness Record in recaps :lol:

Good thing my brother was always whyning about all the reused footage: In the end I was expecting so much of it that when I actually saw all of it it seamed like less :p

Regarding Cagalli:

I still like this character. IMO the reason she didn't take some time to speak with Athrun was because she had to address a crisis. Her country had just been atacked and being the leader of a nation means she has to dedicate herself first to Orb. Even more so when you consider that she has been abscent for a long time.

You can be cocky when your out there in the desert playing hero but when your an eighteen year old that has the responsibility of an entire nation's well being in your hands I doubt you can have much confidence in yourself. She's too young and inexperienced to notice she was being manipulated by the Sarans.

Things where just too much for her.

Too bad the Dom Trooper pilots are going to kick it without even being fleshed out a bit (47 episodes and only one real appearance)... . I really liked how they looked. Well, the original Black Tri-Stars only appeared in two or three episodes. Who knows, maybe Rei misses and we see them again in GSDSomething.

Another thing i was thinking about in reguards to GSD, is how in the hell do they have all these people only being what 2 years after the end of the war in GSD? i think one of the faults of GSD may be the writers choosing to place GSD relitively close to the end of GS. In comparision Zeta gundam takes what 7 or 8 years after the OYW? in Zeta we get a passage of time a sense of change, the technology logically improved, but not so much as the leap in GSD. which is a good point someone brought up earlier in the thread. GS to GSD is too much advancement, it took UC timeline a long time to display alot of the eqvilant tech in GSD. i hope if there is a third Seed series, they actually let some time pass but theres not much more room, with the tech in Seed Destiny for "improvement".

The only thing left is the 360º cockpit (strange they haven't used this one) and moving the Gundam directly with your mind.

This series is going for the Guiness Record in recaps  :lol:

Good thing my brother was always whyning about all the reused footage: In the end I was expecting so much of it that when I actually saw all of it it seamed like less  :p  

Regarding Cagalli:

I still like this character. IMO the reason she didn't take some time to speak with Athrun was because she had to address a crisis. Her country had just been  atacked and being the leader of a nation means she has to dedicate herself first to Orb. Even more so when you consider that she has been abscent for a long time.

You can be cocky when your out there in the desert playing hero but when your an eighteen year old that has the responsibility of an entire nation's well being in your hands I doubt you can have much confidence in yourself. She's too young and inexperienced to notice she was being manipulated by the Sarans.

Things where just too much for her.

Too bad the Dom Trooper pilots are going to kick it without even being fleshed out a bit (47 episodes and only one real appearance)... . I really liked how they looked. Well, the original Black Tri-Stars only appeared in two or three episodes. Who knows, maybe Rei misses and we see them again in GSDSomething.

The only thing left is the 360º cockpit (strange they haven't used this one) and moving the Gundam directly with your mind.

327608[/snapback]

Ala macross plus, perhaps? :ph34r:

I can see it now, a yf-19 type gundam with the all around cockpit view and then another gundam ala yf-21 with BCS, BDI type systems and all that jazz. :rolleyes:

What's next? an unmanned x-9 type drone, a virtual pop superstar and the Itano missile massacre attack? <_<

let's just hire some coordinator assasins and assasinate Fukuda :ph34r:

327534[/snapback]

327551[/snapback]

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

funnypost.giffunnypost.giffunnypost.gif

mademyday.gifmademyday.gifmademyday.gif

Edited by grss1982

Argh, i've had it. I've been the biggest Destiny booster around, but even i've had enough. This show has just descended to the ridiculsous. Episode 47, and we're getting a bloody recap ep of a character that people could care less about?? This is the worst example of filler that i've ever seen! I just keep imagining some random Anime fan tuning into this show expecting MS vs MS action and instead watching some pink haired lady dance around for half an hour, and then turning it off.

It doesn't even look like we'll see any of these spiffy MS in action next episode! The Dom Troopers, Meteor, Akatsuki, Infinite Justice....why bother introducing these mechs? Ugh. Let this series just end already. Maybe the rumoured third series will actually get some decent creative staff.

Assassin 1- "How could you miss......?"

Assassin 2- "It moved...."

Assassin 1- "Its a COW!!!!! How could you not hit it!?"

Assassin 2- "Hmmm, I dotn know, but how about we try to hit it with our big MS?"

Assassin 1- "Good idea..."

:rolleyes:

327556[/snapback]

Funny.... heh heh

Magnus. relax, it'll be ok, you'll see something next episode that resembles a new episode, followed by Rey, epsiode 49, hopefully yet another recap from the perspective of a character who is about to die. I can see it now:

"I remember the first time I met Gil"

"Athrun joined us today as a part of our crew, I don't trust him"

"Oh my God, oh my God, Gil is here... Gillllllllllll" :wub: *faints*

"Goddamit, it's that Freedom, I hate Freedom"

"heh heh, Athrun lost his MS today, Looooooser, now Gil will pay attention to me."

"Oh Gilllll, how could you..... :( how could you call Athrun to give him another new MS? Why not me?"

blah blah blah

Heh heh, but it's ok, at least with Rey, they'll toss in a few Freedom scenes to please the loyal base. But fear not, for the next series, there will be new members to the staff, Fukuda's wife, his mom, his dad, his parents in law, all giving him glorious suggestions. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Edited by kalvasflam

BTW, my HG 1/100 Strike Freedom shipped from HLJ....I guess the stock is coming in.

327582[/snapback]

When did you order it? Did you get the one with the stand?

327584[/snapback]

I ordered in early August. I don't know if mines comes with a stand yet. I'll know in a few days.