Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

I've only gotten up to about episode 30 so far and have really been liking the series. I'm mad that they killed of Heine Westenfluss, because he had that bad ass X2000 Gouf Unit. He was only in the show for like 3 episdoes and then just got axed. GRRRRRR!

Well first off, the official site is updated in the character and mech sections. http://www.gundam-seed-d.net

Magazine Z spoilers. Nothing new, just a few notes. Thanks to the guys at Seed-Forum.

45 Overture of Revolution

After the new weapon "Requiem" attacked the PLANT's, citizens fell into a state of panic. Chairman Dullindal wanted to stop the second shot from firing, and ordered Minerva to head for space and attack Requiem.

46 Song of Truth

After taking out Djibrl, the chairman vowed to restore world order.

Heading into space with the Orb Space Force, AA docked at the free Lunar city of Copernicus. Here, Lacus received an SOS from Meer.

47 Meer

Within a disk consisted of Meer's Diary.

Consumed by emotions, a feeling of gloom covered Athrun, Kira, and Lacus.

Then, Chairman Dullindal turned to the whole world, delievering a shocking plan.

48 To a New World

The annoucement was the "Destiny Plan". Its content created an uproar in the world. Furthermore, Chairman Dulindal began a merciless assult on the remaining EA Fleets. This wave of actions strengthened Kira and Co.'s resolve to fight against him.

49 Rey

No details.

comments:

-Looks like Order 66. I'm guessing all Eurasia forces will be wiped out as well with the Atlantic Feds.

-The Clyne Faction/Orb/AA are now bunched under 1 section.

-Orb Space force....Rebel Alliance?

I'm mad that they killed of Heine Westenfluss, because he had that bad ass X2000 Gouf Unit.

Yeh well, tough.

Edited by azrael

Wonder if the remaining Alliance forces ally with Orb and form a new Earth "Alliance".

I'm going to laugh my ass off if taking out Messiah involves flying down a trench...

323042[/snapback]

man I was kinda thinking the same thing, but it was for the EAF MOON BASE "Requiem" ( a moon that fires a beam of DEATH really reminds me of starwars) guess it should work for the same as Messiah too.

Guess they'll be using Newtype/SEED powers instead of "the force".

Just shove a Dragoon in the exhaust vent. :)

Man, more named episodes, in GSD, name episodes indicates a character will face imminent death. How I wish for an episode named Cagalli. Ok, for the record, before anyone say anything, I like Cagalli, I really do. I just like Cagalli DEAD. :lol:

In a roundabout way, Orb is still a part of EA. So, things haven't changed all that much really. As for Heine, yeah, he could've been an interesting character, just like Rey, or Shinn, or Luna, or Sting, or Auel, or Stella, but thanks to the writing team, we essentially have Seed Redux.

And as for the Gouf... well, if you keep watching GSD, you know what happens to the Gouf series MS.

Edited by kalvasflam

ah,, but the Gouf for Yzak is white, so he should be ok.. normally it's only the Blue gouf that get's shot, stabed, and destory. Athrun was a exception because there was 2 pilot in the cockpit instead of the normal single pilot. So instead of 1 sure kill there was 2 almost kill :lol: And Hien's Gouf was "Orange" :p

Edited by F360°

Here are the top 10 MS from the monthly Gundam power rankings in Gundam Ace.

The Strike Freedom instantly shot to #1. I-Justice #4. The Bling Gundam must be popular too since it's #5. Wonder if that'll climb one its Dragoon pack comes out.

The Acguy also surprisingly comes in at #10. The interest must have been really spiked up thanks to the new figures and model.

1) Strike Freedom Gundam - SEED DESTINY

2) Freedom Gundam - SEED DESTINY

3) Zeta Gundam - Zeta Gundam

4) Infinite Justice - SEED DESTINY

5) Akatsuki - SEED DESTINY

6) Hyaku Shiki - Zeta Gundam

7) Destiny Gundam - SEED DESTINY

8) Zaku II - MSG/The Origin

9) Qubeley - Zeta Gundam

10) Acguy - MSG/The Origin

The Strike Freedom instantly shot to #1.  I-Justice #4.  The Bling Gundam must be popular too since it's #5.  Wonder if that'll climb one its Dragoon pack comes out.

The Acguy also surprisingly comes in at #10.  The interest must have been really spiked up thanks to the new figures and model.

9) Qubeley - Zeta Gundam

323410[/snapback]

The Acguy is just one of those great life's mysteries

The Strike Freedom instantly shot to #1.  I-Justice #4.  The Bling Gundam must be popular too since it's #5.  Wonder if that'll climb one its Dragoon pack comes out.

The Acguy also surprisingly comes in at #10.  The interest must have been really spiked up thanks to the new figures and model.

9) Qubeley - Zeta Gundam

323410[/snapback]

The Acguy is just one of those great life's mysteries

323561[/snapback]

But it's so cute :p

New episode can be sumed up in one word: RUSHED.

The EA battle takes practically no time at all, it's like a little quickie to get a move onto the Dullindal story line.

The focus is again on the old crew. At this point, I wouldn't mind a nuke on the old crew, and all of them dying. Because let's face it, they are just sucking up valuable air time. Worst of all is... yep, you guessed it, Cagalli.

Cagalli: To Neo/Mwu, I give ye Bling.

Well, need I say it, Cagalli a farting moron, this is the same person who ran the Orb forces into the bottom of the ocean. Talk about short memory. It should've been: Hey Mwu, stay in the damned skygrasper. Well, they haven't named the final ep yet, hopefully it'll be called Cagalli.

Bling Gundam is much better off in Muw's hands.

Cagalli still sucks as a pilot, the only reason she wasn't killed in the Orb fight 10 times over was because of the Beam Reflectant. Mwu could be a killa with this gundam. Even the Dragoons have the coating.

Cagalli shoud stay in orb. Athrun should claim Meyrin.

There needs to be someone who can rally the people against Dullindal on Earth. Might as well be Cagalli.

Mu/Neo with Akatsuki. Cool. Legend...eat your heart out. Cagalli won't need it if she's gonna play the politics game. Mu/Neo needs a mech anyways. I don't think we'll be seeing to much of Cagalli for the rest of the series anyways.

Athrun should claim Meyrin.

Unfortunately, we are left with the idea that Cagalli has put aside the relationship to deal with Dullindal.

The one thing that bothers me about the Akatsuki's dragoon pack, doesn't Akatsuki run on a battery? Dragoons suck up a lot of juice don't they?

Not really. Akatsuki doesn't have PS-armor, so there's nothing that is draining the battery.

Spoiler pic:

http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?image=g...final9nd3lt.jpg

Edited by azrael

Going to the battle. Hmmm, I guess we'll never know exactly how many MS Minerva can carry.

Gawd, this is crazy. either Requime has the slowest recharge time in history, not likely given what we see on TV. Or Minerva is ultra fast. I mean they hit the moon before a second shot. Which seem to imply that EA is just a bunch of incompetent morons. They should've kept firing. But no... can't do that, one time shock value is enough.

Duh.

And what the hell, Minerva was in such a rush it couldn't pick up a few more MS and some back up support along the way? They were going against the main core of the EA attack, and for this they used a palty Three MS and a single battleship.

Of course, that group wiped out the EA moon base. EA incompetence is just so overwhelming, it's so sad. Destroys were good for exactly one thing, getting destroyed. This episode is the epitome of bad story telling and super robot show. So, instead of having a grand tale of war, where individuals make their own important but minor contributions, GSD has been a story about individuals superman.

Edited by kalvasflam

Going to the battle.  Hmmm, I guess we'll never know exactly how many MS Minerva can carry.

Gawd, this is crazy.  either Requime has the slowest recharge time in history, not likely given what we see on TV.  Or Minerva is ultra fast.  I mean they hit the moon before a second shot.  Which seem to imply that EA is just a bunch of incompetent morons.  They should've kept firing.  But no... can't do that, one time shock value is enough.

Duh.

And what the hell, Minerva was in such a rush it couldn't pick up a few more MS and some back up support along the way?  They were going against the main core of the EA attack, and for this they used a palty Three MS and a single battleship. 

Of course, that group wiped out the EA moon base.  EA incompetence is just so overwhelming, it's so sad.  Destroys were good for exactly one thing, getting destroyed.  This episode is the epitome of bad story telling and super robot show.  So, instead of having a grand tale of war, where individuals make their own important but minor contributions, GSD has been a story about individuals superman.

323744[/snapback]

45 episodes and you just noticed?

Yeah. It was pretty much confirmed SEED Destiny was a Super Robot show the second Shinn started slicing up a EA fleet by himself after the Minerva left Orb. Only to have that information confirmed again and again each time the Minerva or the Impulse went into battle.

Though I am a little surprised that some people in other places are just now realizing this when it was extremely obvious in the very beginning I feel. Just like I felt it was clear Gilbert was evil or a "bad guy" from the very beginning but people are only now stopping their denial of him being bad. Weird and sad I think.

I was going to download the raw cause I was hoping Requim would fire a second time but seeing as how it doesn't and the battle is basicly horrible with lasting only a few minutes it seems from reports and with the only EA named character being killed I don't see the point in even bothering.

Is it me or do the people on AA have no sense of loyality at all? I mean think of the odl AA crew, especially Murrue and Mwu. They fought along side fellow EA members for a long time, trained with them and befriended them. Yet these two people have clearly no problems at all for switching sides and then turning around and shooting these same people. Or leaving them to die(the bitch Murrue for this one due to the poo she pulled at Alaska). How many want to bet that Mwu feels no concern at all if he happens to come across the Girty Lue in space? I bet trying to contact his former second in command won't even take place but I wouldn't be surprised if he opened up fire first on it.

Edited by Effect

Is it me or do the people on AA have no sense of loyality at all? I mean think of the odl AA crew, especially Murrue and Mwu. They fought along side fellow EA members for a long time, trained with them and befriended them. Yet these two people have clearly no problems at all for switching sides and then turning around and shooting these same people. Or leaving them to die(the bitch Murrue for this one due to the poo she pulled at Alaska). How many want to bet that Mwu feels no concern at all if he happens to come across the Girty Lue in space? I bet trying to contact his former second in command won't even take place but I wouldn't be surprised if he opened up fire first on it.

323766[/snapback]

Wait so you're telling me Ramius should have stayed in Alaska after Mwu told her the commanders were gone and there was an active Cyclopes there?

323766[/snapback]

Wait so you're telling me Ramius should have stayed in Alaska after Mwu told her the commanders were gone and there was an active Cyclopes there?

323783[/snapback]

No, what she should have done was actually inform all of the other ship captains and military personal on the EA side of what was going on as well. Instead she just informed them that the AA was pulling out and to keep up the defense or to fight hard or something to that affect. It was actually Kira when he came down in the Freedom Gundam that informed everyone, both sides, as to what was going to happen if I recall correctly. Murrue was basiclly high tailing it out of there and not even informing her own side as to what was going on when she should have known they also didn't know what was going on. These people did nothing bad to her or the AA but were in the same position as them but she was willing to leave them to die and was basiclly as bad as the EA commanders that used them to lure in ZAFT, yet she has hate for those same EA commanders when she is exactly the same, using the other EA troops to keep fighting so she and the AA can escape when she could have been covering them since the AA was the most advance ship there.

Edited by Effect

There's some rumors going around at 4chan that Mwu's going to get the Regenerate.

Amazing thing Photoshop.... :rolleyes:

No, what she should have done was actually inform all of the other ship captains and military personal on the EA side of what was going on as well....

Kira already broadcasted what was going to happen. And what makes you think those captains would believe Murrue? They don't know her. Why should they trust her? Oh, Mu la Flaga said so. So what? Some ace says we should all run? Are you sure he wasn't trying to save his own ass? And hell, you've just been used as a decoy without your knowledge. You're alone, with no backup and no place to run to. The defenses were falling, it was everybody for themselves.

How many want to bet that Mwu feels no concern at all if he happens to come across the Girty Lue in space?

Does he even know they were killed? Heck, he just found out he's really a guy named Mu la Flaga whom he doesn't know. His world at this moment is messed up.

No, what she should have done was actually inform all of the other ship captains and military personal on the EA side of what was going on as well. Instead she just informed them that the AA was pulling out and to keep up the defense or to fight hard or something to that affect. It was actually Kira when he came down in the Freedom Gundam that informed everyone, both sides, as to what was going to happen if I recall correctly. Murrue was basiclly high tailing it out of there and not even informing her own side as to what was going on when she should have known they also didn't know what was going on. These people did nothing bad to her or the AA but were in the same position as them but she was willing to leave them to die and was basiclly as bad as the EA commanders that used them to lure in ZAFT, yet she has hate for those same EA commanders when she is exactly the same, using the other EA troops to keep fighting so she and the AA can escape when she could have been covering them since the AA was the most advance ship there.

323808[/snapback]

Actually if I remember correctly, she said sumthing along the line of "It is my own decision, and no one else, that the ArchAngel will be leaving the battlfield" and I believe she ordered to signal the other ships to follow. And they were following, untill the ZAFT subs fired their missles at them, AA dodged, and the ships following got toasted. Ima check on that in a lil bit.

Actually if I remember correctly, she said sumthing along the line of "It is my own decision, and no one else, that the ArchAngel will be leaving the battlfield" and I believe she ordered to signal the other ships to follow. And they were following, untill the ZAFT subs fired their missles at them, AA dodged, and the ships following got toasted. Ima check on that in a lil bit.

323820[/snapback]

Actually, she does order the rest of the fleet to continue as is. However, then she orders Archangel to break the Zaft line, and the shots clearly show other EA ships moving with AA. Murrue was trying to use the Archangel to tear open a hole in Zaft for the rest of the fleet to escape. Of course, they're being overwhelmed by sheer numbers when Kira drops in.

As for how 'extremely obvious' Destiny was going to be, I think most people here were still holding on for the possbility of good writing up until they left Orb for the first time, and Shinn wasn't getting any character development. I mean, Gilbert didn't have to be a bad guy, and it would have been a nice twist if he really wasn't. But they chose to take the lazy way out.

As for how 'extremely obvious' Destiny was going to be, I think most people here were still holding on for the possbility of good writing up until they left Orb for the first time, and Shinn wasn't getting any character development.  I mean, Gilbert didn't have to be a bad guy, and it would have been a nice twist if he really wasn't.  But they chose to take the lazy way out.

323829[/snapback]

Shinn did get some development. We got to see became a tool of Rey and Dullindal. :) Rey keeps him on a short leash. All you have to do is keep Rey occupied (With Kira and Neo) and Athrun can smack some sense into Shinn.

323820[/snapback]

Actually, she does order the rest of the fleet to continue as is. However, then she orders Archangel to break the Zaft line, and the shots clearly show other EA ships moving with AA. Murrue was trying to use the Archangel to tear open a hole in Zaft for the rest of the fleet to escape. Of course, they're being overwhelmed by sheer numbers when Kira drops in.

As for how 'extremely obvious' Destiny was going to be, I think most people here were still holding on for the possbility of good writing up until they left Orb for the first time, and Shinn wasn't getting any character development. I mean, Gilbert didn't have to be a bad guy, and it would have been a nice twist if he really wasn't. But they chose to take the lazy way out.

323829[/snapback]

Here's what she said in the Special Edition: I also remember she told the other ships to follow her too in the series, and that she place herself responsible by saying it was her OWN decision.

"If the object of the whole battle was to lure Zaft's forces closer in.... then in my opinion , this ship has already accomplished it's mission! The Archangel will now abandon the battledfield and begin to make it's with drawal! Signal the other ships! Tell them to follow us! Engine full speed.

Speaking of special editions, I think I'm going to wait for the GSD special editions, because that will be indication of what the follow on Seed series (assuming there is one) will be like.

i.e. Athrun might heroically sacrifice himself, and then in the GSD special, they might edit out his helmet floating in space. Setting up for the return of amnesic Zala leading the evil Zala brigade.

Ha ha.

As for the AA argument, I don't recall if Ramius exactly told the other ships to run away too, I want to say that she did, and in fact those ships were sunk anyway. But her first duty was to her crew, and she got them out. Let's face it, AA had the ability to submerge and fly, if those other ships were a part of her group, they'd actually slow down the AA. Probably hampering its escape.

So, she made the right call, it's kind of like a carrier battle group fighting its way out of the trap. Sure, you'd like to get the entire group out, but if the escorts has to be sacrificed to save the carrier, well, that's their job.

As for the AA argument, I don't recall if Ramius exactly told the other ships to run away too, I want to say that she did, and in fact those ships were sunk anyway.  But her first duty was to her crew, and she got them out.  Let's face it, AA had the ability to submerge and fly, if those other ships were a part of her group, they'd actually slow down the AA.  Probably hampering its escape.

323984[/snapback]

Hmm I really dont think that AA had the ability in SEED to submerge. I brought this up once when that ep aired when AA escaped by submerging. Maybe I am DUMB and missed the part at GundamOfficial.com where it said that the AA was capable of submerging. If so show me where I missed it.

Has anyone found proof that AA could submerge in SEED but chose not to?

Being a spaceship and submarine are different. A space ship is obviously space tight and so is a submarine. But I dont think the AA had the compartments to flood with water to make it sink into water. (The actual name of the compartments eludes me now) But that is ME thinking. Maybe the designers of AA actually did concieve of that as a possibility and implemented them into AA but was never used in SEED.

Or maybe the AA CANT float at all and uses its thrusters to stay above the water. I dont see how the AA had enough boyancy to remain that high above water. It basically had the two "feet" where the lowengrin are, the wings, and the engines under the water while the majority of the ship was above the water. If it really could float, I think the majority of the ship would not be visible. Probably the top of the legs and the bridge and fins would be showing. So if it can NOT float, than obviously it can submerge without a problem right?

Ergg.....where was I going with this post? Someone smack me with real knowledge and tell me not to try to add realism to anime..... :unsure: